PDA

View Full Version : Hoplite Spear Combat (Spear and shield fighting style)

Othento Tiburon
02-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Hoplite Spear Combat

Jab and Bash

Range : Short
Difficulty: Average

The spear wielder quickly jabs at the opponent's legs in an attempt to distract the opponent's defenses, then releases a quick high bash with the rim of his shield at the opponent.

An Aestivan hoplite quickly jabs at a cineran soldier's legs with his spear in an attempt to distract him, then thrusts the rim of his shield at a cineran soldier's head! A cineran soldier blocks an Aestivan hoplite's attack. A cineran soldier ducks under an Aestivan hoplite's attack, avoiding it completely!

An Aestivan hoplite quickly jabs at a cineran soldier's legs with his spear in an attempt to distract him, then thrusts the rim of his shield at a cineran soldier's head! A cineran soldier blocks an Aestivan hoplite's attack. He suffers a small bruise to his neck.

An Aestivan hoplite quickly jabs at a cineran soldier's legs with his spear in an attempt to distract him, then thrusts the rim of his shield at a cineran soldier's head! He suffers a faint wound to his right thigh. He suffers a bruise to his face.

Requirements: 20 ranks in jab, 10 ranks in shield bash.

The user's proficiency in jab increases the probability of distracting the opponent as well as possibly hitting with the weak jab, while the user's proficiency in shield bash helps determine the chances of hitting with the follow up bash.

Hoplite Swat

Range: short
Difficulty: Difficult

The spear wielder tries to use his shield as a front for an attack to occupy his opponent's weapon, but brings the spear around following the shield for the actual attack.

An Aestivan hoplite turns his body using his momentum to swing his shield at a cineran soldier's knife failing to knock it out of the way, then brings his spear from behind him around for a powerful swat with the head of the spear. A cineran soldier blocks an Aestivan hoplite's spear with his knife.

An Aestivan hoplite turns his body using his momentum to swing his shield at a cineran soldier's knife knocking it out of the way (does -not- unwield or stun) then brings his spear from behind him around for a powerful swat with the head of the spear. A cineran soldier dodges an Aestivan hoplite's attack.

An Aestivan hoplite turns his body using his momentum to swing his shield at a cineran soldier's knife knocking it out of the way (does -not- unwield or stun) then brings his spear from behind him around for a powerful swat with the head of the spear. He suffers a small bruise to his waist

Requirements: 10 ranks in shield bash.

The user's proficiency in bash helps determine the chance of knocking the opponent's weapon aside, nullifying his weapon defenses. The chance to hit with the swat depends on user's ranks in Hoplite swat and the opponent's ACM and or shield defenses.

Charging Bash and stab.

Range: long

The spear wielder charges from a distance at his opponent with his shoulder pressed against his shield in an attempt to knock him down and follows the attack with a weak stab. The bash -must- connect in order to attempt a stab, but does not have to knock the opponent back or down. Also, the bash does not harm the opponent.

An Aestivan hoplite presses his shoulder into his shield and charges at a cineran soldier! A cineran soldier steps to one side, avoiding an Aestivan hoplite's attack. (does not approach the opponent)

An Aestivan hoplite presses his shoulder into his shield and charges at a cineran soldier! The attack connects with a cineran soldier, but fails to knock him down. An Aestivan hoplite quickly follows up with a weak stab. A cineran soldier blocks an Aestivan hoplite's spear with his knife. (does approach the opponent)

An Aestivan hoplite presses his shoulder into his shield and charges at a cineran soldier! The attack connects with a cineran soldier and knocks him back several feet! An Aestivan hoplite quickly follows up with a weak stab. He suffers a faint wound to the left thigh.
(does not approach the opponent)

An Aestivan hoplite presses his shoulder into his shield and charges at a cineran soldier! The attack connects with a cineran soldier knocking him to the ground several feet away! An Aestivan hoplite quickly follows up with a weak stab. He suffers a puncture to his waist.

Requirements: 20 ranks in stab, 10 ranks in shield bash

The user's proficiency in shield bash helps determine the chances of connecting with the charge. The user's proficiency in Charging bash and stab determin's the chance of knocking the opponent back or down, and the user's proficiency in stab helps determine the chance of hitting with the stab.

Stab and Jab

Range: either

The spear wielder attempts a stab at the opponent followed by a jab.

An Aestivan hoplite quickly stabs and jabs at a cineran soldier with his spear! He misses with the stab. A cineran soldier blocks an Aestivan hoplite's spear with his knife.

An Aestivan hoplite quickly stabs and jabs at a cineran soldier with his spear! He suffers a faint wound to his waist. A cineran soldier dodges an Aestivan hoplite's attack.

An Aestivan hoplite quickly stabs and jabs at a cineran soldier with his spear! He suffers a puncture to his right thigh. He suffers a puncture to his chest.

Requirements: 30 ranks in stab, 30 ranks in jab.

The user's proficiency in spears stab and spears jab helps determine the chances of hitting with each attack respectively.

Other Notes:

The spear wielder's defenses will be normally calculated by his skills in ACM's and Shields.
All attacks require a shield and spear being wielded -including- stab and jab because the wielder must be in the Hoplite Fighting stance. The moves stab, jab, thrust and shield bash will also be available to the wielder while in the hoplite fighting stance.

Well, thats all I have for now; thoughts, suggestions and flames are welcome.

Marnevel
02-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Would definitely be cool. Losing your blocks would suck though. You'd be vulnerable to all kinds of disarms.

Othento Tiburon
02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Essentially, you'd have the same defenses as whips.

Marnevel
02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Essentially. So who would give up spears' defense for whips'? Maybe add a couple one-handed defenses, or if that seems a little unwieldy, how about a shield or ACM block for disarms?

Othento Tiburon
02-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Sounds good, but either way, I'd love fighting with this hoplite style even without that defense. I just hate the repeating stab jab smash slash stab jab smash slash.... pretty much all I do at short range.......

Marnevel
02-07-2005, 09:05 PM
My guy intended to mix in Pardelian shield moves with spears.

Now with the stance changes I don't know if he'll be able to.

I sent in a request that turtle stance be doable with a spear but the only response I got was 'We'll put this into suggestions'. I'll try again, now that the changes have happened.

Nookie420
02-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Marnevel
Essentially. So who would give up spears' defense for whips'? Maybe add a couple one-handed defenses

Um....how about no? How exactly do you come up with one-handed spears should have better defences than whips?

Blackening
02-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Spears are too long and unwieldy one-handed to have any effective blocks. The shields' defense, ACMs, and a possible modified Turtle stance for Hoplite spearfighting would be effective.

Mast3rMind
02-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Blackening
Spears are too long and unwieldy one-handed to have any effective blocks. The shields' defense, ACMs, and a possible modified Turtle stance for Hoplite spearfighting would be effective.

Agreed. :)

Some other suggestions for you, Othento, for attacks in the skillset:

Charge and Thrust
Prerequisites: 30 ranks of Aestivan Fighting Stance, Spears Charge, and 30 ranks of Spears Overhead Thrust
Syntax: cthrust <target>
Range: Far

With this move, the attacker charges at their opponent with their shield, diverting their attention away from the spear held aloft in the other hand, that the attacker brings down in an overhead strike. This attack aims high by default, and cannot be aimed low. It is stopped by overhead blocks and swaying dodge.

[Success 50; Roll 75] You rush in with your shield raised, attempting to distract a brute with it, then bring your spear down in a crushing overhead thrust! He suffers a puncture to his left shoulder.

[Success 50; Roll 25] You rush in with your shield raised, attempting to distract a brigand with it, then bring your spear down in a crushing overhead thrust that misses. A brigand raises his shield over his head, blocking your attack.

Charge and Impale
Difficulty: Difficult
Prerequisites: 30 ranks of Charge and Thrust, and its' prerequisites.
Syntax: cimpale <target>
Range: Far

This move is similar to Charge and Thrust, but a bit more aggressive. The attacker charges into their opponent with the intent of knocking them off their feet, immediately following through with an impaling thrust. This attack cannot be aimed. This attack is stopped by cross blocks and sidestep.

[Success 50; Roll 75] You rush in with your shield raised, knocking a brute off his feet, then follow throw with a crushing thrust, driving your spear through him and impaling him on the ground! He suffers severe puncture to his left thigh.

[Success 50; Roll 25] You rush in with your shield raised, trying to knock a brute off his feet, but fail. A brute steps to one side, dodging your attack.

Double Bash
Prerequisites: 30 ranks of Shield Bash and Spears Butt Smash
Syntax: dbash <target>
Range: Close

The attacker bashes at their opponent with the rim of their shield, then pivots on their lead foot, spinning around to bash at their opponent with the butt of their spear. Failing this move will leave the attacker with openings (randomly chosen) until their next attack. This move is stopped by cross blocks.

[Success 50; Roll 75] You step forward, bashing a brigand with your shield, then quickly pivot on your lead foot, spinning and bashing with the butt of your bronze-tipped spear! He suffers a bruise to his left shoulder. He suffers an ugly bruise to his left thigh.

You stagger and leave a high opening!
[Success 50; Roll 75] You step forward, bashing at a brigand with your shield, but miss. Quickly pivoting on your lead foot, you spin and try to bash at a brigand with the butt of your bronze-tipped spear, but miss. A brigand sweeps his shield sideways, blocking your attack!

Krythis
02-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Uh, no standing impales please.

Othento Tiburon
02-08-2005, 03:03 AM
I'd have to go with a negative on the impaling move, one is enough...

Othento Tiburon
02-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Hmm, for a weaponstrike/knockaside block, I guess giving shields in general, not hoplite fighting a weapon cover move would be interesting.

An Iridine Officer covers his weapon with his shield, deflecting An Aestivan's attack!

Would be a difficult or maybe even impossible block for shields

Chris The Man!
02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I have like 6 moves I thought of for the Hoplite spear skill set... I actually have a 2foot across wodden shield and a big long 6 and a half foot piece of bamboo I come up with these moves with when I'm bored.

And also... Hoplites would need a different spear to do some of the moves I think, like a shorter spear of some sort. I dunno.

Leaping Charge
average
30 ranks in stab, 30 ranks in whatever the stance for this skillset would be (30 ranks in shield bash would enable to secondary portion of this maneuver.)

The hoplite would lunge with a good hefty jump at an opponent. While coming down at the opponent, the hoplite would make a vicious stab. If the stab does not connect (and you have at least 30 ranks in shield bash) a check is made whether or not you hit them with your shield while landing. If the stab does not connect, and the bash does not connect, you will not be approached, but if either attack lands, you will be approached (note, both attacks cannot happen... The shield bash only occurs IF the stab misses as a second chance to be approached)

Hook smash
difficult
30 ranks in shield basics, 30ranks in butt smash, 30 ranks in hoplite stance or whatever

Holding the spear at the exact middle, the blade pointing toward your enemy, you would reach your shield across serving as your other hand by locking the spear and shield together, and use your hand in the middle of the spear as a fulcrum, to unlease a powerful butt smash. (For the life of me, when I try and do this with my punching bag and stuff, I can only aim it high... Trying to strike low or mid with it is almost impossible, and very akward.)
Fumbling presents a chance to cut yourself.

Hook Slash
difficult
30 ranks in shield basics, 30 ranks in slash, 30 ranks in hoplite stance

Same as hook smash, only you hook the blunt side with your shield, and make a high slash with the blade. Fumble presents a chance to bruise yourself.

Shmoobly
02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Good idea. I talked to Jenn about spear/pardelian she said not to doable but like I said before I think I didn't explain myself very well. Also two optio's, a decurion, and the centurion requested the GM's for this idea. Just sucks for those spearman with no access to Pardelian. I wouldnt mind Pardelian, basic, and hoplite style combat for spears though.

Marnevel
02-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Pardelian has a penalty when not done with a wall shield -- I assume it's simple enough to give hoplite fighting a penalty if it's done with the wrong kind of spear.

Red431
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I asked the GM's if they could make a command for spears to be wieldable in one hand, so you dont have to drop the shield when you get disarmed. They replied that it wouldn't be realistic at this time.

Othento Tiburon
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
um, I'd have to go with the second option only, making all spears moves two handed would really piss me off, as I get my arms wounded all the fricken time, and if it's my left, I can still use a few moves with one arm. Hell, I got lucky and won a games match with only the one handed moves, as my left arm was broken. but ya, the typing wield twice thing would make me happy.

Shmoobly
02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Or make them all one handed including blocks.

Ligustinius
02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Marnevel
My guy intended to mix in Pardelian shield moves with spears.

Now with the stance changes I don't know if he'll be able to.

I sent in a request that turtle stance be doable with a spear but the only response I got was 'We'll put this into suggestions'. I'll try again, now that the changes have happened.

We've tried to be able to get turtle, sap, charge, and all other pard moves able to be used with knives and spears since the skillset came out. Can't turtle without a glad, can't sap without a glad. half the legio sent in @reports, @requests, and suggestions straight to gms, and they told us 'we'll consider it'. Pardellian was introduced last febuary if I recall. Good luck, atleast you get mad free training for shields ;) .

and weaponstrike and roundstrike would be beyond impossible skillwise with 1 hand.

Japes
02-09-2005, 07:00 PM
If Pardelian does incorporate the use of pilum/shields for Legio members, it will be via a different stance and a different set of associated actions within the same skill set.

It will also be different than the hoplite-type combat used by the Aestivan League, which will probably occupy its own skill set(s).

Blackening
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Can my new Aestivan be the conduit for this Aestivan style? *waggles*

tokyohigh
02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Dont forget there can be overhead thrusting moves too.

Othento Tiburon
02-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Did I hear a hint that there will be a hoplite style?? We're going to have more than 8 useful moves??? *gasps in shock and dies*

Japes
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
One down...

Othento Tiburon
02-09-2005, 07:50 PM
.... I so want to come back from the dead and strangle you..... *eyeshift*

Edit: *waits for Japes's response of: "Because of that, we're never giving spears any thing again, oh, and no more smash, we don't like that move, it's not realistic"*

*eyeshift*

Chris The Man!
02-10-2005, 05:10 AM
I got an idea for a pardelian move...

I always thought it was cool how Roman Legions always threw a spear or pilum before charging in with swords...

Have a pilum throwing move that after it throws the pilum, it draws your sword. Just thought that could be cool... Probably too unbalancing.... Maybe make it so that it has to occur in open territory... I dunno... I just thought it would be cool, instead of throwing your shield. :confused: :p :rolleyes:

Mast3rMind
02-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Oooh, not a bad idea. You launch the spear you're wielding and immediately follow through with drawing your sword. Trained high enough in conjunction with turtle stance, it'll automatically put you into turtle stance, as well, if the roll is # higher than the success.

Othento Tiburon
02-10-2005, 08:44 AM
yay, lets give swords a 60'th move! woo! ... *grumbles*

Holypaladin
02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Othento, the throwing, then drawing the sword bit is a good idea for Pardelian. Unfortunately, I doubt many Legionaries know both the sword and spear to make this skill of any actual use.

And complaining about Swords getting another move, please. We can't use all three styles anymore without learning the Stances in each of those styles, and even then we haveta grandmaster them before we can use them in conjunction without the RT and having to manually adjust into the stance.

I'll be really glad when other styles are released for other weapons, as completely new skillsets.

Othento Tiburon
02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I was mainly joking, I know how it works, I've been paying close attention to the discussions. Even so, I'd still rather atleast have a -choice- whether to train one set or learn them all (which would be a pain in the ass, I know) It's why I suggested these moves, I wanted to give spears more variety without overpowering them.

Mast3rMind
02-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Othento, you're kinda missing the point though- Pardelian isn't specifically a sword skillset (despite the name); it's more supposed to represent a military skillset, and given the tactics of Roman/Iridinian Legions as consistent with the era the game was founded upon, allowing for a pilum toss and readying oneself into a stance for a formation march is logical.

If your spearsman isn't a legionary, then this probably wouldn't have much benefit to him fighting solo, as it more applies to formation combat.

Othento Tiburon
02-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Hmm, even if the skill set is considered a "military" skill set, if all it has so far is a bunch of sword moves, then I don't see it as a Mechanical benefit to anyone other than sword wielders, as alot of the Legion does not wield a sword, and can't use it, and alot of swordsmen aren't legion, but still know it, and use it. If the set was more rounded with several skills pertaining to different weapons, and non combat skills, such as maybe a Warcry targeted at an opponent that lowers everyone else's success for their next attack against it instead of the person doing it. (Like a leadership bonus or something), rather than purely sword skills, I'd completely understand being able to use the pilum throw possibly. Keep in mind, I can't find a list of the Pardelian moves anywhere, and am too lazy to ask someone, but I've -assumed- that all the skills in the set -so far- are purely for swordsmen (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be very interested in what all is in it if I am), and because of this I see it as a swords skill set, not a military skill set. And honestly, it'd piss me off alot if swords were given a nice little spears move to play with. You have enough moves as it is, have fun with them. If the skillset was indeed a "military" skill set overall with various Military/Leadership style abilities, I might learn it myself. But for now, if you wanna learn how to throw a pilum, stick spears in your 6th, 7th, 8th or whatever slot, and train only throw (or more if you really want to).

Mast3rMind
02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, due to mechanical restrictions, yes, it's a swords/shields skillset. However, given the introduction of styles, and the long-standing desire of Japes for Pardelian combat to be the introduction to formation fighting (as said in the Legio forum, waaaaay back when, when I had access), it makes sense that something like this would be available.

Also, while the use of Pardelian by non-soldiers isn't discouraged, just because a slew of people use part or the entire skillset for a few of the advantages it yields (milking the best of each supplemental gladius style, for example), doesn't mean that this attack would therefore be unbalanced and useless. Perhaps something simple, such as you only being able to use it when you're marching in formation with your soldiers, and each of you having a wall shield (for the phalanx that immediately follows the cast of spears), it won't work.

Malice
02-10-2005, 11:54 AM
The huge majority of the two legions are gladius users. This is the prefered style of fighting for Iridine. It would be unrealistic for an extensive military fighting style in other weapons to be introduced (at this time) to the legions. Why would they need to use it when their fighting tactics don't largely include those weapons?

Warcry probably wouldn't be a skill in the Pardellian skill set. The skill set is based off of the training of a single (possibly partially mythical) man and his teachings. War cries aren't something that generally was used on such a large scale by legions, being professional troops, same would go for Aestivans and possibly Cinerans. This is more something that you would expect from barbarians and unprofessional armies and such.

Othento Tiburon
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
i honestly doubt they'll code formation marching any time in the next year, they've got way too many others things to do.

Ligustinius
02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Othento Tiburon
Hmm, even if the skill set is considered a "military" skill set, if all it has so far is a bunch of sword moves, then I don't see it as a Mechanical benefit to anyone other than sword wielders, as alot of the Legion does not wield a sword, and can't use it, and alot of swordsmen aren't legion, but still know it, and use it. If the set was more rounded with several skills pertaining to different weapons, and non combat skills, such as maybe a Warcry targeted at an opponent that lowers everyone else's success for their next attack against it instead of the person doing it. (Like a leadership bonus or something), rather than purely sword skills, I'd completely understand being able to use the pilum throw possibly. Keep in mind, I can't find a list of the Pardelian moves anywhere, and am too lazy to ask someone, but I've -assumed- that all the skills in the set -so far- are purely for swordsmen (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be very interested in what all is in it if I am), and because of this I see it as a swords skill set, not a military skill set. And honestly, it'd piss me off alot if swords were given a nice little spears move to play with. You have enough moves as it is, have fun with them. If the skillset was indeed a "military" skill set overall with various Military/Leadership style abilities, I might learn it myself. But for now, if you wanna learn how to throw a pilum, stick spears in your 6th, 7th, 8th or whatever slot, and train only throw (or more if you really want to).

There were quite a few moves that could easily be used by knives and spears in the skillset, most usefull the shield moves. It's Pardellian gladius combat, and all moves must have a sword out to be used. Can't use any of the shield moves without a sword out. A list was made a while ago, a few people have it, how the moves work, which were extensively tested by a couple of people, how much damage they did at certain strengths, how often the additional effect kicked in in certain moves, and how random that was at different lvls of it, and how bugged certain moves were. Most notable was that unless 3 people were approached, you suffered a severe penalty. This was before damage was changed.

Leminarflow
02-10-2005, 02:59 PM
or you could do a "team abilities" type thing.. where.. for every pardellian character engaged to a target, each pard character gets +1 to his attack. *reads straight off his hero clix card*.. for TEC you could put like.. for every pard char engaged to a target, give them + 2 to their success or something.. just a little something to emphasize "group" combat.

Or for a quick and probably easy way to code simulated formations.. you could have some type of "join" or "stand by" command.. where its acts like the following command, but you are standing next to them in formation.. with the person leading being the squad commander or whatever.. Then you could give defensive bonuses or something.. I dunno.. just throwing out some idea fragments. Get a huge pack of guys, all tacking on a +1 or 2 defensive bonus per person.. That'd be pretty sexy.

Chris The Man!
02-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I dunno how well this would work, but its another idea, stupid or not.

Make a skill, like handoff, in pardelian where you can group up with other people of like skill. Both have to know the skill. You can only group with people one or two levels above your skill level. Like novices can only group up with other novices and other practiced level participants... Practiced participants can only group up with the next tier up, and so on an so forth. This way it might take a bit to get the longest chain going, so it actually takes some thinking and orders and knowing your fellow soldiers.

Now when they actually group together... The longer the chain, the better the bonuses... And two people forming together gives no bonuses, it should take like 3 or 4, upwards to a max of 8?

Anyhow, success would be dropped on pardelian maneuvers and bonuses would be inhanced or something. The entire group would move together following the first person who is on the chain, whoever started getting linked up on maybe, or better yet, the person with the highest skill level in that skill. I dunno on that, more later.

Now... The onlytime this part would be good for is against other phalanxes. One phalanx could engage another phalanx in a push. This can be won one of 2 ways. One phalanx could slaughter the other naturally. Key thing is, everyone in a phalanx acts as one, so when one phalanx engages another phalanx, everyone is "approached" to everyone else. Meaning everyone can attack everyone else, just as a cramped battle like this would be.

The other way to win would be a standoff... Which is the only way for a phalanx to break free from another phalanx without disbanding the formation. The "commanding unit" would issue a push order (This is a part of this same skill as grouping together). It works like handoff, the other party has to accept.

S1 (soldier one) sends the push to s2, s2 receives and sends the push to s3, etc... Once everybody has done it (each person has their own success based on the skill level of theirselves and their fellow "pusher". The grand total is all calculated into one check versus the other phalanxes total check, and the loser's formation is broken leaving them all still "approached to everyone" but without their phalanx bonuses.

I dunno how useful this would be IG for lack of people knowing Pardelian, and it would be super hard to code and what not...

I dunno, I just thought it would be cool to be a part of something like that.

Malice
02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
That would be quite interesting to see done. The only thing I think would be a problem is who would the Legio use this against? There are no other PC run countries in TEC, and so there are no real enemies to use this on.

Marnevel
02-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Using it on an unorganized mass of people will cause slaughter and death. I think four soldiers in a line could charge the bandit clearing once the GMs realize the bandits need to be tweaked up again.

Chris The Man!
02-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Thats why it will never work... Not enough PCs... Unless they code cinners to do it, or aestivian warriors... Which ever country we get into a war with, or if we ever do could have its fighters coded for this, if they had a civilization where their warriors were proffesionally trained such as Iridine.

Malifex
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Bump.

Can we get something like this please for spears?

Some kind of hoplite style at least, as many players have tried on their own to do this using current skills. So far their attempts are good rp, with little real combat effectiveness.

xiaozh
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Leminarflow.

I miss him. Bring him back.

~

Did a halberd-like weapon not exist in Imperial Rome? It seems like a major category of weapon that's not represented in the game world. It's the only weapon I can think of that doesn't have something comparable already in play. I mean, I love the CKF expansion, but something new from the ground up would really be great.

Rupert
02-04-2010, 06:09 PM
That's it.

Lets all pull our cards until they give us hoplite spear style. We're paying customers, we need to remind the GM's of that.

Dalos87
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
That's it.

Lets all pull our cards until they give us hoplite spear style. We're paying customers, we need to remind the GM's of that.

While we're at it lets ask for trident + net combos too!

Max Powers
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
While we're at it lets ask for trident + net combos too!

Or we should all threaten to pull our cards every time someone who gets a skotos-position-o-power does a 180 and becomes pompous dbag.

Armataan
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Or we should all threaten to pull our cards every time someone who gets a skotos-position-o-power does a 180 and becomes pompous dbag.

haha

Er.

I mean...

Don't be mean.

MendicantBias
02-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Leminarflow.

I miss him. Bring him back.

I can call him if you really want me to.

Zeerah
02-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Since we're all making frivolous wishes... can I wield a dagger in each hand? :D

Fids
02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
It is not as difficult as I thought it was going to be to learn and is actually a very effective fighting style. The only thing that I would really like to see is a shield charging move to round it out. Stab, jab, pjab, thrust, sbash, supbash, spush, stomp, head butt, kick, knee, knee break, oh and throw if you are fighting an idiot. It is not easy by any means, but very fun to try. If you think that it can't be an effective style as it is currently structured, fight Brudox. Retalq-tipped spear + wall shield = Ouch.

Max Powers
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
It is not as difficult as I thought it was going to be to learn and is actually a very effective fighting style. The only thing that I would really like to see is a shield charging move to round it out. Stab, jab, pjab, thrust, sbash, supbash, spush, stomp, head butt, kick, knee, knee break, oh and throw if you are fighting an idiot. It is not easy by any means, but very fun to try. If you think that it can't be an effective style as it is currently structured, fight Brudox. Retalq-tipped spear + wall shield = Ouch.

He smashed my tier 5 fighter with it.