Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

Lovecraft Country StoryBuilders Sought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovecraft Country StoryBuilders Sought

Folks,

As you may have already seen, we're developing a Lovecraft Country game for release next year. (See http://www.skotos.net/about/pr/08272002.html.)

Though we've already got a great team of volunteers working on the game, we're looking for a couple more, to make sure we have sufficient critical mass of developers.

We're looking in particular for people who will:
    * Comment and brainstorm on game design
    * Help fill out historical details
    * Help build the actual rooms for the game

We'll also have a real need for StoryCoders in the very near future.

So, if you're a current Skotos player and you're interested in Lovecraft and you'd like to participate in building a new game, drop me a line at shannona@skotos.net with the subject "LOVECRAFT DESIGN".

Include in your mail:

--
    Your Background in Online Games (including ours).

Your Background in Lovecraft and Horror.

Your Background in Design, Development, or Engineering.

Why You're Super Enthusiastic about the Project.
    --

No guarantees we'll select everyone, but I'll read through all the mail and let you know quickly.

Shannon

You know I might just have to drop you a line. I am a big Lovecraft fan, and I have been told I run a very nice game of it.. On that note, for information you can use, the nice people at chaosium did a lot of work to put together a section of the Call of cthulhu book called utilities (I think 4th edition and later have what I am about to name) There are 3 sections in there anyone working on the game may want to use, they are timelines of events taken from history, they are not fictional game details, but things that are fact, or may have been thought to be fact at the time. The names of the 3 sections are: Disasters,Natural and Man-made/Events Occult,criminal & Futurist/A Hundred years & More.
    these can be a life send for any game world that spans any of the years talked about.

Comment

Shannon, I will be sending you an email shortly. This is like a two decades old dream of mine
      "Strength through strife, in storms of steel."
      -Blood Axis

"The Hammurderer is quickly becoming regarded as the worst-received advertising mascot since Kool-Aid's 1989 discontinuation of "The Grapist," a huge purple monster who sodomizes thirsty children."
      -The Onion

Comment

if you havent seen this before.. a site to help..
        http://www.cthuugle.com/

Comment

That is simply brilliant.
          StoryPlotter Erzulie
          D e v i l ' s C a y

Comment

Working...
          X