Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

(For All) All ideas are needed for a New RPG. By: Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (For All) All ideas are needed for a New RPG. By: Everyone

RPG: A game that involves playing a character in a non real or real environment.
    I read in a Computer Magazine that people were sick of Tolkien RPG (thieves wizards magic.) So I would like to see everyone have their input on a non Tolkien RPG.

I am a little confuesed..do you want game suggestion as to good ones to play system wise? good settings?...what?
    i have been gamming forever and a day so i prob have a few things of the type your looking for but, dont know exactly what you want.

Comment

You mean an RPG that goes against the traditional? something new and unique that will shake the foundation of gameing as we know it!? Cant help you, I still like pac-man. (JK, I think that you will have plenty of help here, game geeks tend to hang here, but I think Lynn is right)

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Now, I would play an RPG based on Pac-man! That would be cool! Does Atari still own the rights?
        Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
        Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Ok, some of you are a little confused I guess you could say. I had this idea when I read an article in a magazine, this article stated that most people were getting tired of D&D type games. I agreed with them. What I would like you guys to do is to just give me some ideas for a non D&D type role playing game, (for pc, playstation, whatever,) just as long as there is no magic in it. You can still put in all the adventure, treasure seeking, just as long as there is no magic, dragons, wizards that cast spells or anything like that. Hope you catch my drift. So basically what I am asking is for you guys to come up with good ideas for a brand new, developed by you guys with your ideas, starting from the bottom and going all the way to the top. And basically the first question that I think would be good to start out with is what time period should this game start out in? Past, present, future. I mean just start giving ideas about your dream roleplaying game.

Comment

I still think an RPG where I have to find the Power Pill to turn the tide on those evil Ghostmonsters would rock. *shrug*

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

piter sighs.

piter says "Deus Ex. Fallout. Fallout 2. No one ever said Final Fantasy was a Tolkien rip off... Septerra Core. Thats a few recent ones off the top of my head."

piter adds "For the older among you, Sundog, Starflight, Twilight 2000, Space 1889, System Shock, Starblade..."

piter smirks "Sounds like a lazy journalist has taken a look at the remaindered pile at his local game store and decided from what was being left behind that all rpg's are Tolkien rip-offs, rather than Tolkien Rip-off RPG's don't sell like original ones (BG excepted)."

piter grins "Whatever happened to historical rpg's, on computer or paper?"

OOC- hint, look on the story teller pages...

PeterPiter
              ---------

Comment

Where's my Pac-man RPG?!

Now I'm bummed out. I was getting excited.

Comment

Well, I have a great idea for an RPG, that I would love to help make, but I don't have the time, nor the patience to make it. (i.e. its a great idea for skotos or anyone else, but frankly, I'm entering college next year, and will have little time to be making a rpg.)

If you want you can contact me at Strider817@hotmail.com

Retribution/Brad

Comment

Hows this for an RPG, anything that can ever happen anywhere. I know that doesnt help a lot, but it does... look at it. That includes StarWars rip offs and all sorts of curent and future things. Lets see... play an animal on a farm, hmm... that probobly wont fly... But you will! In an RPG about the ummm... lets call it the Royal Space Force, you command a ship or group of ships and play RP style on the ships as they go about doing ... things... You playing an engener? well get shutled down to the surface to fix a wether platform (under attack, just to make it fun) or board an abandoned space station as a member of the scaning crew, feel the terror as multiple life signs appear and start to converge on your location! Hide in a storage closset, holing your vibroblade tight as not to knock against the metal plateing. Sneek, fight, slink, and slither, your way past a blockade to get vital information to the comander of the bunker. Just about anything is doable, just be creative. and if you do this game, send me a copy.

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Hay Hajon, I've been working on a few idea for the next round of proposals, and I'm interested in working with someone in developing them/reshaping them.

I've been working mostly with mecha (so I'm a gear head, SUE ME :P ) but I've got a couple other idea that I think would be quite interesting.

Email me at AngelTWB@aol.com or find me in game as lobo and well talk.
                      "It was like getting hit by a freight train carrying eighty tons of SEX!" Pintsize Questionable Content

*pokes garter* What do i do with it? Lucus

Comment

OK, Sorry I had to go to Southeast Alaska Tournament for basketball, I had to play in the pep band, it was all cool, hope to do it again soon.
                        Ladies and Gentlemen, theses are all good ideas. But, if we want to create something that is good, we need to start out at the very begging. And personally I think the best place to start is to basically what time period should the game take place: Example: " this game should take place in the future, but a great alien laser type thingy blew all the technologies, leaving all the people with no homes, no medicine, no clothes, they basically started out at the very very beggining." Ok, this is a good reply, even though all replies are excepted by me of course, but this is stuff that makes games. Idea,when,where,who,what,why,. I honestly don't know anyone who can make a game in one day, they get the idea in one day, then build on that idea. So that is what I think we should be looking for right now. When, and a good short or long reason or an idea for the time like the example.
                        MY REPLIES TO REPLIERS: %%For all to read%%
                        Atama: Pac-man, hmm, if you could give a little more we could look into that, instead of just "that would be cool". A power pill, maybe that could fit in somewhere, I see nothing wrong with it? Anybody have anything to say to that, I do.
                        Petedarby: If you have certain things that make you like to play those games but don't find them on all of those games, please tell us about them. I don't see a problem with making a pc game or a pp game (pencil paper)
                        we could make both if we wished. And no actually I just thought about what would come out if all the computer and video games were mixed together what would come out. But instead of already existing ones, we will make one from the most differential part of us, or brains.
                        Retribution: I'm with you man all the way. I am in highschool, junior, and I have a late night job and schoolwork and school soccer team. I'm with you on that. So I think that what we need to do then is make a game that you will do anything to do to play it then.
                        Kyle: hate to tell you this but I think that was already made, it's called TOON, based on all the cartoon shows of the old, you know, bugs ,daffy, mickey, all the characters. but something like that could be debatable. Any other ideas to throw in?
                        Lobo: If you would be interested please help, I could use all the help I can get to be quite honest especially if we get a lot of people. You got ideas, perfect lets hear them, one by one. What is mecha, ( I like mechwarrior and battletech myself to be honest). hey no problem with the talk thing just email me at fryerball@hotmail.com(anyone)
                        Hey guys, I just got to thinking. How should we attack this, should we all just throw out ideas, or should we be a little organized. think about that too.
                        MY OPINION: Now this is my opinion, doesn't mean any of you will like it, nor will I keep putting my ideas and needs only into this game, you guys might like others ideas, while vomit at others, perfectly fine with me. Oh, and if you want to talk about this with others, like if you support or dislike thier ideas, let them know, don't just restrict yourself to just me, fan out.
                        ok my idea. I think that the example that I gave is pretty good, if you read it that is.
                        umm, oh, and I think that we should stay a bit organized, just so that it flow a bit better than complete chaos.
                        OK, for the conclusion, just keep giving ideas about the game and when it should take place. Just keep the ideas coming, k, cool.

Comment

Ok, ok. Lemme think here...

Ok, the whole concept of Pac-man is the idea of the turn-around. See, the ghost-monsters, trapped in their little lair, are eager to find and devour Pac-man. So, they creep out, in their garishly bright colors, hunting down the poor Pac-man, who eagerly devours those little dots (I have no idea what they are called).

You must use skill, guile, and quick reflexes to avoid your hated foes, Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and their ringleader, the twisted Clyde. Until, finally, it is in sight... The Power Pellet! Quickly devouring it, you chase down your hated foes, who turn blue with fear at your might, and quickly gobble them up and spit out their eyeballs. Those eyeballs float back to their lair, where they slowly recuperate, and resurrected, emerge to hunt you again once your Power Pellet energy has faded.

Ok... In the concept of an RPG, say that the players are all Pac-men. You can have Pac-Stan, Pac-Dan, Pac-Bran, maybe even a Ms. Pac-man, Pac-Jan. Anyways, trapped in the corridors of a dark labyrinth, they wander, lost and confused, only knowing that they must collect (ok, lets have them be jewels) scattered along the corridors. When all the jewels are collected, a mystical door opens up to the next level of the labyrinth. They find food, such as cherries, apples, etc. on occasion to keep them alive.

The Power Pellets, when found, are treasured, for temporarily they give them the power to fight off their hunters, the Ghost Monsters.

You can also have the labyrinth inhabited by other occupants, oppressed by their Ghost Monster masters, and lying in wait of the Pac-men of legend, who will one day find the way out of the labyrinth and free all those trapped inside. And you can also put traps and puzzles for the party to overcome, and give them special skills to help them along the way.

I think a Pac-man RPG would rule!

Comment

ROFLMAO @ Atama

~Kristine
                            kristine@iskl.edu.my
                            http://www.iskl.edu.my/~kristine/
                            MSN: kristinejct@hotmail.com

Comment

Atama,

I think you diffinetly got something here, something real big.
                              Ok, you pretty much have no time period in which the game takes place, well actually no, you could live in the future, and then be digitized or something into this world where you have to free certain world leaders or something. I think that what you got here is really something that other people would like. I think though that people will not like the idea of being pac man maybe. But one thing for sure is, I WILL NOT PLAY A GAME WITH PINK, BLUE, WHITE, BROWN, RINKY DINKY WALL, I want some kick ass scenery, dungeons, I will want ropes, climbing, fighting without to eat hah "vanilla wafers"(that was a good one by the way). I want it to be puzzling also. I could see this as both a rpg and a pc game. Tell you what, you come up with some more stuff, and I think whoever has good ideas for you, I know I gave you some, this could be a really rpg. but ya gotta get some input, don't just put your ideas into it, cause then it becomes your game, not everyones game.

Comment

Working...
                              X