Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Much Assistance Needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regent's Fate
    started a topic Much Assistance Needed!

Much Assistance Needed!

We at Regent's Fate are in need of YOU!

Yes, you! Your help is desired, nay, craved!

We need staffers. We need builders. We need VPs. We need people to design objects! We need plot hooks, we need creativity, we need energy and vamp!

Want to staff on an upcoming game? You'll start off as a builder, learning the setting, helping build something that hundreds of people will RP in! When the game goes live, you'll be grandfathered in as a staff role! Meaning what? Well, a snazzy staff name, an NPC for you to play, storypoints, and the knowledge that you helped build something great!

Want to help on a small scale? Just be a builder! Build rooms, codes, weather systems, objects! Imagine the satisfaction of knowing that something someone is RPing with was built by YOU!

Or are you just into the playing aspect? Sign up to be a VP! You'll get a special character to play, that matches your RP personality perfectly. You will be needed to help steer plots, entertain people, and and flavour to the setting!

Please, please, please! We need your help!

Jennifer Schaeffer
    SH Liebling
    Regent's Fate

• Kurzon
    replied
    Regent's Fate is pretty ancient, I'm fairly sure it was shelved the greater part of a decade ago to be honest and I've not seen Jen around much in the time since.

Still, if anyone ever picks it up, I'm willing to offer coding expertise/assistance or advice from a distance, but I'm afraid I don't have the spare time to really commit to any game other than the one I'm working on now.

Leave a comment:

• Echo
    replied
    Still looking for help? Shoot me a pm.

Leave a comment:

• Baez
    replied
    Is this project ongoing? If so I would love to get involved!

A PM is the best way to arrange contact.

Leave a comment:

• Emmaline
    replied
    *boops* Bumped for funsies!

Leave a comment:

• SeraKimmi
    replied
    I also would love to help. I don't know much coding so unless you're willing to teach me I can help there, but I could VP and help with story plotting

Leave a comment:

• Elysai
    replied
    Good evening,

I don't know who is running the show over here as I have seen a handful of different people say so.

Nevertheless, I'm looking to join the team as a Builder and potentially a VP in due time.

Shoot me a pm if you're still looking.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus'sMadness
    replied
    Still in it

I would still be interested in finishing this game.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Georgianna
    replied
    Despite this game having fallen by the wayside as far as production goes, is there still an opportunity for it to be picked up again? I'm the original creator and I recall it being pretty decently on the track toward completion. Hate to see everyone's hard work go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• Endues
    replied
    I too, am greatly excited about this opportunity. I'm smart, creative and I catch on quick - plus I'm willing to dedicate my time to helping create a Skotos game.

If you still need me, let me know - send me a pm, or reach me at:

bt_byrne@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

• Dollface
    replied
    Could someone who is in charge (If thats anyone) get a hold of me about this project pretty please?

Leave a comment:

• imacannibal
    replied
    heyy there.
    I am ashley s. i used to help on regent, and i need a project please get to me when you can, i want to help again badly!

imacannibal@GMAIL.COM

Ashley Schweinfurth

Leave a comment:

• TroubuleD
    replied
    Well we've already spoken

I can be your artist, your map-maker, a VP, WHATEVER. I've been playin for YEARS, i'm really good a learning quick, and i would LOVE to be in your staff. Please contact me when I'm able to begin.

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    I'm happy to help build occasionally and can do light coding (I might be stretching it depending on how you interpret 'light').

If you want me, Sonea knows where to find me

Leave a comment:

• Marcus'sMadness
    replied
    I am interested

I would like to help I have experience with java and writing story plots I also rp so let me know if you want more info just contact me here or at apelikepresident@yahoo.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X