Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Newbie Story Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Story Builder

I am veteran game developer wanting to try my hand a building a mud for the first time ... dont know much about programming for telnet wondering if someone could point me in the direction of help full books / websites .... any help welcome

-Mikey out

We have tons of material for StoryBuilders at this very web site.

Check out the StoryBuilder section, on the sidebar nearby, for some general info.

I also suggest the articles section, also on the sidebar. My own column, Trials, Triumphs & Trivialities is specifically directed at StoryBuilders. Check out the recent "Building Blocks" in particular ...

Shannon

Comment

A number of the engineers and other staff have found the Mud-Dev list and its associated archives at www.kanga.nu quite useful.

-- Christopher Allen

Comment

Curiousity killed the cat

I was wondering, because I have to do a programming asignment (I hate that word) If someone could run through some of the coding and hard work that goes through these MUDs, also, I would be privaledged if I could take a look at the software used to create these already brilliant games.

Thank you for your time.

Barbra - Jacicus's Player (Castle Marrach)

Jacicus Solambia
        Courtier of Castle Marrach
        Doctor of the Royal Healers
        Retainer to Lady Sinvy
        Fellow of the Royal Collegium

Comment

Working...
        X