No announcement yet.

New Game Proposal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still tinkling on, and hoping it may become a part of Skotos games.

Comment

I thank everyone, who has kept supporting this idea, who joining to support this idea, and for those yet to come. I am sure it will be exciting to see its arrival to skotos. Temporary platforms (elsewhere) have been ran with a great success and interest. If you are curious about learning more or joining the team, please contact me at Originalsinm@hotmail.com.

I love to see you sometime in the Land of Illusia, until then happy gaming to you all.

Comment

Wait, so what is going on with this?
        ~Ameko

Comment

Not sure this applies but...

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
          As folks have said, we're not accepting new proposals at this time. We actually haven't had the StoryBuilder pages linked from our web site for years, but clearly we should just add a big redirect for any hidden and archived links.

If you'd like to participate in the StoryBuilding side of things, and we encourage you to do so, the best answer is to get involved with an existing game, and once you've grown familiar with it, let the staff know that you'd like to participate as a builder, offering them up a creative resume.
          ~StoryHost Death

Death@Ironclaw.Skotos.net
          Dragon Pieces

Originally posted by Plato
          Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Comment

I hope it doesn't apply...I'd like to see this move foward...
            Japes point towards Studgrob. A single point of light flashes from the middle of Studgrob's body, then starts growing larger until a great dome of bluish-white energy consumes him and his surroundings! 999999 points of damage! Studgrob roars a final time before dying

Japes says, "Ninja minotaurs in love."
            Japes flails.

Synchar: Toastah!
            Toasty: o.o
            Toasty: OMG, IT'S A SYNCHAR.
            <Toasty thwacks you with a rolled up newspaper.>

sgp NO LAG! *can't breath* *starts to turn blue*
            StoryGuide Damocles responds, "Just calm down. Maybe it's the start of great things."

Comment

I'm unsure whether it made it before the cut, since the proposal was turned in few years ago, and a possible maybe was given, as an answer at that time. If not :sad:, we will press on elsewhere :-). It will take time, however, before you may see it up again, but it will be up.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonFlower View Post
                I'm unsure whether it made it before the cut, since the proposal was turned in few years ago, and a possible maybe was given, as an answer at that time. If not :sad:, we will press on elsewhere :-). It will take time, however, before you may see it up again, but it will be up.
                You said you had a prototype of it working elsewhere? I'm wondering about that.

Either way, I'm writing an open source mud engine from scratch. It already has most features that are touted about SkotOS, to an extent:
                * persistent world
                * ability to change the classes of objects on-the-fly
                * xml-based item/room/etc object-creation (although there's an even better interface that is even easier to use than xml...)
                * an advanced parser with a natural English interface (with possessives, adverbs, you name it), etc.

I'm also working on writing up a very simple, easy-to-use system for creating new game commands, which would make implementing just about any kind of user-to-world interaction almost trivial, but that's not written up yet..

It's not nearly done enough to be usable yet, but I figure I'll have something released in about a month that includes all the basics needed to start up your own mud.

Even if you're not interested in the codebase, though, I'm at the point where I really want to hear what -anyone- would like to have in a mud, if they were to make one. Asking here, because the skotos community tends to have a strong leaning towards RPI muds, which tends to be my personal preference in text games.

NOTE: I noticed your post in the Jovian Skies thread after writing up this post. Guess that question's answered
                ~Ameko

Comment

I would certainly like to talk to you more about game ideas. Please e-mail me anytime or MSN.

Comment

Game idea still here. Along with two other more recently proposed ideas. Sadly, I have been quite busy with RL affairs. Now, I hope to leave the rebuilding of my ideas in interested hands. Mostly coding skeleton needed. Plots, scenary, and other things needed to start the game off have been made. I had also decided to start off with a smaller world game (different game), which would be quicker, in some sense to start up because it would require less coding.

Thought I stop by and give a game wave.
                    The fruit that cast the knowledge for pleasure sake. Endless dreaming in re-approach to the nightmares one may face. --Originalsin

Comment

Working...
                    X