• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OriginalSin
    started a topic New Game Proposal

New Game Proposal

Greetings,

I am very enthusiastic to present a new role-playing game to Skotos. I have enjoyed the opportunity of being apart of this magnificent community, and now hope to embark further in a relationship with skotos. While, we are waiting for the Game Masters of Skotos to read over my idea for a new addition to the community, I would greatly like to hear your comments and ideas about the game I would like to bring to you, the players.

Ars Arcana and the Land of Illusia

This world is told from the perspective of various cultural backgrounds; however, the eastern world is the main influence in this game.

If you are interested and would like to speak to me about this game, please feel free to contact me at OriginalsinM@hotmail.com or PM me.

OriginalSin

• OriginalSin
    replied
    Game idea still here. Along with two other more recently proposed ideas. Sadly, I have been quite busy with RL affairs. Now, I hope to leave the rebuilding of my ideas in interested hands. Mostly coding skeleton needed. Plots, scenary, and other things needed to start the game off have been made. I had also decided to start off with a smaller world game (different game), which would be quicker, in some sense to start up because it would require less coding.

Thought I stop by and give a game wave.

Leave a comment:

• MoonFlower
    replied
    I would certainly like to talk to you more about game ideas. Please e-mail me anytime or MSN.

Leave a comment:

• Ameko
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonFlower View Post
    I'm unsure whether it made it before the cut, since the proposal was turned in few years ago, and a possible maybe was given, as an answer at that time. If not :sad:, we will press on elsewhere :-). It will take time, however, before you may see it up again, but it will be up.
    You said you had a prototype of it working elsewhere? I'm wondering about that.

Either way, I'm writing an open source mud engine from scratch. It already has most features that are touted about SkotOS, to an extent:
    * persistent world
    * ability to change the classes of objects on-the-fly
    * xml-based item/room/etc object-creation (although there's an even better interface that is even easier to use than xml...)
    * an advanced parser with a natural English interface (with possessives, adverbs, you name it), etc.

I'm also working on writing up a very simple, easy-to-use system for creating new game commands, which would make implementing just about any kind of user-to-world interaction almost trivial, but that's not written up yet..

It's not nearly done enough to be usable yet, but I figure I'll have something released in about a month that includes all the basics needed to start up your own mud.

Even if you're not interested in the codebase, though, I'm at the point where I really want to hear what -anyone- would like to have in a mud, if they were to make one. Asking here, because the skotos community tends to have a strong leaning towards RPI muds, which tends to be my personal preference in text games.

NOTE: I noticed your post in the Jovian Skies thread after writing up this post. Guess that question's answered

Leave a comment:

• MoonFlower
    replied
    I'm unsure whether it made it before the cut, since the proposal was turned in few years ago, and a possible maybe was given, as an answer at that time. If not :sad:, we will press on elsewhere :-). It will take time, however, before you may see it up again, but it will be up.

Leave a comment:

• Aco
    replied
    I hope it doesn't apply...I'd like to see this move foward...

Leave a comment:

• Death
    replied
    Not sure this applies but...

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
    As folks have said, we're not accepting new proposals at this time. We actually haven't had the StoryBuilder pages linked from our web site for years, but clearly we should just add a big redirect for any hidden and archived links.

If you'd like to participate in the StoryBuilding side of things, and we encourage you to do so, the best answer is to get involved with an existing game, and once you've grown familiar with it, let the staff know that you'd like to participate as a builder, offering them up a creative resume.

Leave a comment:

• Ameko
    replied
    Wait, so what is going on with this?

Leave a comment:

• MoonFlower
    replied
    I thank everyone, who has kept supporting this idea, who joining to support this idea, and for those yet to come. I am sure it will be exciting to see its arrival to skotos. Temporary platforms (elsewhere) have been ran with a great success and interest. If you are curious about learning more or joining the team, please contact me at Originalsinm@hotmail.com.

I love to see you sometime in the Land of Illusia, until then happy gaming to you all.

Leave a comment:

• MoonFlower
    replied
    Still tinkling on, and hoping it may become a part of Skotos games.

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied
    I absolutely love the idea!
    Squeeeee!

Leave a comment:

• OriginalSin
    replied
    Just touching base again. We are still working on this idea and creating mind blowing story plots, here the things you experience, the limitations are only set by the imagination.

-Wonderful social role playing, where you can make and break relationships

- Advancement of both social and and skill ranking

- If you think you want to just blow off some steam and get away from it all, pack your stuff up and go on an adventure; see new villages, meet new people, discover a plot of land to call your own, find lost secrets, battle monsters, and much much more.

Leave a comment:

• themnax
    replied
    farming and studying and innovating tecnologies from and in keeping with what is available and in harmony with nature are all things that interest me very much more then the usual conflict so typicly rollplayed. i have for a very long time been looking forward to a context in which this would be possible.

like the little spirit creatures i love, i too, am a child of the forrest.

=^^=
    .../\...

Leave a comment:

• FateHatesMe
    replied
    This game sounds awesome. I really hope you get the approval. When you're ready for staff let me know. I don't know how to code but I can write descriptors. I can also come up with story plots when the time comes. Keep us posted on how things are going!

Leave a comment:

• Midnight
    replied
    This game sounds awsome. I cant wait, keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X