Jovian Skies: Call for staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jovian Skies: Call for staff

TRANSCRIPT (this is an actual in-'game' transcript. Color and spacing added in forums):
    OOC - You inhabit Skotosforums.

Ameko waves at you, "Heya! I have a few things to tell you about.".

listen to ameko
    You listen to Ameko.

Ameko grins at you, "So it turns out I'm pretty far ahead with the Jovian Skies engine.".

amazedly gasp at ameko "Really, now?!
    parser error
    //comment: I added the "gasp" verb here in a quick second.

amazedly gasp at ameko "Really, now?!
    Amazedly, you gasp at Ameko, "Really, now?!".

Affirmatively, Ameko nods definitely to you, "Mhm...". //comment: Notice: placement of adverbs, and the fact that there's two of them. Technically, it's gramatically incorrect, but I prefer this in a game sense.

Ameko smirks toothily at you, "What you're seeing right now is a short little test-run, with a very barebones version of the parser/binder.".

Ameko pouts at you, "I've only written a generic emote command (for verbs like I'm using) and 'look', which is terrible right now, but most of the core engine is done.".

eye ameko suspiciously "Uh-huh... sounds dandy. Why should I care? This sucks, it's not even a game yet!
    You eye Ameko suspiciously, "Uh-huh... sounds dandy. Why should I care? This sucks, it's not even a game yet!".

Ameko beams sunnily at you, "Of course it's not! And -that- is why I'm posting here! Turns out, I'm ready to start building on top of this engine. There's plenty to do, and I want to see if anyone's interested in helping out.".

brighten immediately "Oooooh! What can I do?! I'd love to help!
    You brighten immediately, "Oooooh! What can I do?! I'd love to help!".

Sweetly, Ameko smiles at you, "If you're a programmer, that would be a huge thing to help with right now. I have a lot of bugs to fix, since I've been rushing to a 'working' engine, but they're mostly small annoyances. I could also use help expanding on the existing features.".

nod to ameko "I see.. I see... Well. I'm not much of a writer, or a builder, or even a coder. Can I still help out?
    You nod to Ameko, "I see.. I see... Well. I'm not much of a writer, or a builder, or even a coder. Can I still help out?".

Excitedly, Ameko nods, "Of course! The most important part of a game is its players! You can sign up for an eventual beta-test, talk to your friends about it, drag them over. It's about community ".

squint suspiciously at ameko "Hmm....
    You squint suspiciously at Ameko, "Hmm....".

pleasedly smile at ameko "Well, that all sounds good. How do I sign up for whatever I want to help with?
    Pleasedly, you smile at Ameko, "Well, that all sounds good. How do I sign up for whatever I want to help with?".

Ameko winks at you, "Well, how about you PM me, and we can take it from there. Thanks a bunch!".

ponder pensively
    You ponder pensively.

Ameko peeks at you curiously, "You seem concerned. Anything you're wondering about? I'll try and answer anything...".

nod to ameko worriedly "Yeah... well, see.. I'm already paying skotos to play my favorite games. I don't think I can commit to paying someone else to play their game. Also, I really hate doing stuff like committing to projects, or signing non-disclosure agreements.
    You nod to Ameko worriedly, "Yeah... well, see.. I'm already paying skotos to play my favorite games. I don't think I can commit to paying someone else to play their game. Also, I really hate doing stuff like committing to projects, or signing non-disclosure agreements.".

Ameko smirks at you, "Well, that's not a concern. The game I'm building will be completely free-to-play. As far as helping out goes: It's completely non-commitment. Everything is completely open to the community. If the average player wants to send in a room, they can just do it, and they're pretty likely to get accepted. I want to keep development open to everyone, and let the community influence how everything goes.".

Ameko explains to you, "And as far as those pesky NDAs go... all the source code, and all the content is completely open-source. The source code is licensed under the Affero General Public License, and the content will be CC by-sa. Thus, anyone can peek at what's going on under the hood, point out what they don't like, or even give me fixes for stuff!".

Ameko winks at you, "Well, I have to head out now. I have to make a post on the boards! Toodles!".

Ameko waves.

OOC - Ameko has disconnected

smile helplessly "...this sounds pretty cool.
    You smile helplessly, "...this sounds pretty cool.".
    Last edited by Ameko; 10-15-2008, 02:03 PM. Reason: making it look pretty
    ~Ameko

Update:

I need someone with web programming experience. Not HTML/CSS. I mean experience building web stuff with JavaScript. PM me or post here.
    ~Ameko

Comment

Working...
    X