Intrested...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrested...

I was wondeirng what exactly a storyteller is and how do you become one? I play TEC all the time and it's my favorite all time computer game....I love the atmosphere and all aspects...just wondering how storytelling blends in...

Re: Intrested...

Originally posted by Michaell
    I was wondeirng what exactly a storyteller is and how do you become one? I play TEC all the time and it's my favorite all time computer game....I love the atmosphere and all aspects...just wondering how storytelling blends in...
    StoryTelling is the term that we use generally at Skotos for people who help run a game. We've really only developed it on Castle Marrach--where we have StoryPlotters who design the overarching stories of the Castle and StoryCoders who help create cool new stuff for Castle Marrach and StoryGuides who help answer questions.

It's all about volunteerism and making your virtual community better.

The Eternal City, which was designed by the fine folks over at Worlds Apart, doesn't necessarily share all the exact same titles and concepts that meander through some of other Skotos games, so you won't find StoryTellers there, per se. However there are game masters and such who fulfill some of the same roles. Ask over on the TEC forums for more about how their StoryTeller like systems work.

Shannon

Comment

Just wish the GMs were fair...

Comment

Interesting

Question and response were both interesting. With an on-line community as large as what we have here each gamer is still primarily defined by one game. Why? How often does our volunteer staff explore other games. I am just curious so take no offense. If you have no idea what sort of arc other games than your own are taking, I suggest losing yourself in any other playerbase from time to time. Just to see how others deal and remind yourself why you volunteered
        Die Happy

Comment

Working...
        X