Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia-style Game

Hello all,

I've for a long time been thinking about a game set in or around the 1920's where four families are competing for control over a city. There are many online turn-based games running these concepts, but I've yet to find any text RPG games offering that experience. Also, I think this would be a great opportunity to attract new players who may not be so keen on the fantasy RPG's skotos is currently offering.

If there are any who have launched games through Skotos, I'd love to talk to you. I have zero experience starting up a game.

A 1920s era crime game could potentially be interesting. That genre would be one of the games I'd love to see here -- superhero, pirate, steampunk, old west, would be others.

You could set up the game in a 'fake' city, or use somewhere like Chicago, pre-Capone days. You have prohibition and plenty of conflicts built-in to that time period.

Downside would be that it would require a pretty large gameworld to pull off correctly. That, and the fact that Skotos stopped accepting proposals for new games years ago.

Comment

my opinion

Originally posted by Marcellius View Post
      Hello all,

I've for a long time been thinking about a game set in or around the 1920's where four families are competing for control over a city. There are many online turn-based games running these concepts, but I've yet to find any text RPG games offering that experience. Also, I think this would be a great opportunity to attract new players who may not be so keen on the fantasy RPG's skotos is currently offering.

If there are any who have launched games through Skotos, I'd love to talk to you. I have zero experience starting up a game.
      I think it would be a little difficult to rebuild a agent world and you have to collect lots of information about that world

Comment

Working...
      X