Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skotos and the Blind

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Skotos games, though not text-based roleplaying in general. I happen to be totally blind, and so am unable to enjoy many of today's more popular RPGs and the like.

I was wondering what options i might have to play Skotos with screen reading software? None of the default clients seem particularly friendly, and I wondered if I could just connect via Telnet in some fashion. I'm particularly intrigued by the Eternal City, as I adore the idea of crafting and being able to live in a virtual world.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Hi, first of all, welcome to Skotos!

Yeah, the default TEC clients are not particularly friendly to some accessibility programs. Would MIRC be something that would work with your screen reader/text to speech software? There is an MIRC based unofficial client that is quite easy to customize, in that you can fudge around with text size, color, etc. Are you using a screen reader to convert to Braille or for magnification?

Feel free to private message me or Skype me (elowynndamhain@gmail.com), maybe we can figure something out. TEC has wonderful, deeply detailed prose that immerses so many of us. Can't wait until you experience what rain is like in our text game!

Comment

Hey,

I use my screen reader with text to speech pretty much exclusively, though it can also output in Braille. Still, things like color aren't going to be super helpful for me. MIrc honestly wouldn't have occurred to me as a platform for an unofficial client.

I'm mostly a mac and Linux user, but am open to other suggestions.

Comment

I've replied by private message. Should be an interesting experiment.

Comment

Working...
        X