Zelotry is finally dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zelotry is finally dead

With the new release of Firefox Zelotry, an unsigned Addon is finally dead.

The addon is dead, long live, I don't know flash...
    Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Use palemoon. It's basically firefox without all the junk.

Comment

We signed Zealotry some months ago. If yours isn't working, you just need to force an install of the newest version: http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/

It's been verified with the newest Firefox as of Friday.

Comment

Starting in Firefox 57, which will be released in November 2017, only extensions built with this new technology will work in Firefox. These are indicated by the "Compatible with Firefox 57+" label on addons.mozilla.org (AMO). Extensions built with the old technology are labeled "Legacy" in the Add-on Manager (about:addons) tab.
        https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...gy-modernizing

I know people are constantly pestering Wyr/Shannon about Zealotry, but any plans to make it work past November 2017?
        Master Fips Rose

Comment

While it's not an ideal solution, one option may be to use the Pale Moon browser if Firefox Zealotry ceases to work come November.

Pale Moon is a Firefox based web client from before the day when Mozilla started their rapid release program. It's basically a lightweight version of Firefox that works with all the old plugins and never auto-updates on you. I use it only for Skotos, and it runs Zealotry fine.

Admittedly it may be hard to convince new players to download a foreign looking browser just to play Skotos games, which is a shame because once you've tried Zealotry it's so drastically superior to the Flash client, but I imagine Zealotry vets might be willing to install a new browser to keep Zealotry functionality.
          StoryHost Kurzon
          Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon@marrach.skotos.net

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurzon View Post
            Pale Moon is a Firefox based web client from before the day when Mozilla started their rapid release program. It's basically a lightweight version of Firefox that works with all the old plugins and never auto-updates on you. I use it only for Skotos, and it runs Zealotry fine.
            I whole heartedly agree, like you I have Palemoon specifically so I can play the game using the Zealotry client and dislike the flash client. I'm not sure new players are going to stick around for the duration of a free trial, let alone pay $12.95 per month if the solution to this problem is 'download a different browser'
            Master Fips Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Fips View Post

I whole heartedly agree, like you I have Palemoon specifically so I can play the game using the Zealotry client and dislike the flash client. I'm not sure new players are going to stick around for the duration of a free trial, let alone pay $12.95 per month if the solution to this problem is 'download a different browser'
              They won't, full stop. I'm shocked anyone not using Firefox already would be convinced to install it just for this. If you want people's money raising the barrier to entry is not how you do it.

Comment

Working...
              X