Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential revenue stream.

Howdy,

I've been gone so long I doubt anyone remembers me, but I've been trading cryptocurrency lately, and had some information that occurred might be useful for Skotos staff & players. Most people have heard of Bitcoin, but there are tons of altcoins that only people involved in the scene are aware of, generally. One of these is Monero, a coin that prides itself on both fast processing and anonymity. It is currently about $91 per Monero.

Anyway. Some of the communities I'm involved in have started partnering with Coinhive, which makes Monero 'mining' (processing transactions in exchange for Monero) easy to crowd-source with a javascript UI that is basically one-click. Essentially they offer mining as a way to donate, or pay for premium subscriptions. A user literally just goes to the mining page, clicks "Start Mining", and leaves it open. It uses some CPU, and makes the site Monero.

The embedded javascript code is literally a paragraph. I've already made it work for 5+ computers just by pasting the code into a javascript test site like jsfiddle.

I've set up a test account for myself in order to try coinhive's system out, so I could give the communities more information - but it randomly occurred to me that there was a small chance Skotos would be interested in pursuing something like this, and I have fond memories of my time here, so wanted to mention it. If anyone has questions, or wants to see information about how the mining has ended up in my tests (hash rate per computer, payouts, etc), you can let me know in this thread, or shoot me a PM for my email address.

-Greg?
    Originally penned by Dionar
    Ryot was a mistake, and it was corrected. Threads have been locked because the conversation degraded into personal attacks and name calling.
Working...
X