Pricing Stucture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Stucture

I was debating subscribing today to a basic package, but seriously can't justify the price structure. I don't play any other Skotos games and don't really want to. I would pay to subscribe to TEC only, if the price was lower, even if that meant some restrictions in benefits compared to the "all Skotos" model we have now. What do other people think? I'd hope that if enough people liked the concept, and generated additional subscriptions, the price change would be justified and make you fine folks more money and your customers get access to some of the benefits of a paying subscriber.
    I would subscribe for my game only if there was an option
    100.00%
    I prefer the current subscription model and pricing
    0%
    I prefer FTP with RMT
    0%
    I prefer a hybrid model with sub packages and RMT
    0%
    No Preference
    0%
    Nothing much to say.

I'm not sure what FTP and RMT mean, but I'd be more willing to keep paying if there were more options tailored to just TEC.

Comment

I forgot people cared about this little cry for change. Notifications of 3 other voters, yay! Please note, the following is extremely simplified:

FTP = Free to Play. The model of choice for many games. Most content or all content is available, for free, with some restricted content or cosmetic (non-"winning" items) alterations causing money. Many models for this exist, including Pay to Win, which is t he concept of you can toss money into a game and dominate (most of your mobile Clash of Clans type stuff). It replaced Pay to Play (monthly sub) or Buy to Play (Buy the game, free online experience) in many games and has proven a viable source of revenue thanks to whales (people who spend crazy money above and beyond what is deemed fair and reasonable) and devoted players.

RMT = Real Money Trading. You can purchase in game currency, items, etc. for out of game currency in a direct transfer. Some examples of this are the now defunct auction house from Diablo 3, and the purchasing in game currency for real world currency (Aura in EVE or whatever those tokens are in Achaea).

Hyrbrid Model = Some balance of subscriber, free to play, and RMT options that appeal to everyone. I want to say Star Trek Online and SWTOR use this, but it's murky. Arguably, Skotos uses this model. We have FTP options with some restrictions and a subscription option above that, but it's not for one game, it's a network of games.

Subscription Model = Pay monthly to access all content with no restrictions or RMT.
      Nothing much to say.

Comment

Working...
      X