Premium Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Forum

There needs to be a premium account forum, specifically for beta-testing dates and info for the premium account holders.
    ------------------------------------------------
    'A man in a black hooded cape responds from afar, "What's up?"'
    'Scott responds from afar, "NP"'
    'Scott responds from afar, "You can share the poop with me too."'
    'Scott responds from afar, "Idjit."'
    'Bruce responds from afar, "Would you drop that bush, please?"'
    'Testudo responds from afar, "What exactly is a 'magical' berry?"'
    'Bactrian responds from afar, "Well that's freakish."'
    'You sit down in a recliner covered in SirLocke's pants.'
    'You are holding Bruce in both hands.'
    'You are holding Bruce in your arms.'
    'Jenn responds from afar, "roflmao"'
    'Japes says, "What? No one's found the holy grail and the magical sword of the worm temple yet? Wow."'
    'Japes says, "Oops. Shouldn't mention anything."'
    'Japes says to you, "Sorry, PK tickets aren't available on buildings."'
    'Jenn responds from afar, "Stop trying to aim weapon catch, you silly man."'
    -Within these forums rest my legacy-
    There's no "I" in "team," but there is in "winner."
    In Loving Memory... 11/27/05-12/01/05

Here here, good idea. Shoulda thought of it myself *squints*

Comment

I'd been considering that possibility.

Also, say, a place where we could announce upgrades to the various premium related programs.

(IE: At a premium player's request I added a new panel to my.skotos.net last night called "All Game Links" which is simply links to the portals of the various games. It's available now as a "skotos" panel.)

However, I also don't want to create an atmosphere of deliberate exclusion of non-premium players.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Are there any folks planning to stay with basic who'd like to comment about whether grouping premium info into a premium forum would be good (to clean up the forums) or bad (because it would feel funky)?

Thanks for opinions.

Shannon

Comment

Well then as of now how will we be notified of the beta-testings? Will we be emailed?

Comment

That's another possibility.

Another possibility is a premium news panel which only appears in my.skotos.net.

But I'd really like to hear feedback from everyone on the forum idea, because it's definitely the easiest and most visible.

Shannon

Comment

Forum sounds good to me, but this is coming from another premium guy.

The Eternal City: Screenshots
            Facebook

Comment

Shannon, I think if you didn't want people to feel excluded, a premium program shouldn't have been conceived. I would think you're a little beyond that point now. I don't mean that as an insult nor am I saying I think Prems are a bad idea. But they've split us in to two groups now, so it's not like you can avoid that.

If normal players can read the premium forums, I don't see why they would feel 'neglected.' After all, they can still read and post there, I would assume. And perhaps it might convince them to go with premiums so they can have those perks.
              Least likely to train: Govan.. actually, I should say her player. Accompanied an alt of hers training once and after she had spent fifteen minutes deciding on the wardrobe, we got all of two minutes in before she was bored.

Comment

Before the move to Skotos, TEC had a forum you could access from it's Welcome Area. I would like to see a forum of this kind in the Premium area where ~we~ don't post. This format can be used by Skotos staff to make "Premium" announcements in the Premium Welcome Area.

The reason I propose this is so that our fellow Skotos members who are Basic users don't feel that we are making suggestions that they can't see. It's handy for that Basic user who is planning to splurge in their birthday month, to know if a problem has cropped up in the area they specifically hope to be able to use, and opt to delay the upgrade until it's fixed or what have you. On the other hand, the things that Premiums can do like Beta-test, that could be opened up to a Beta specific forum in that self same welcome area to report bugs and keep from letting the cat out of the bag.

The only other option I can see is to provide a Forum where only Premium accounts can access to post, but have general areas in it that all skotos members can read, such as how the webmail is working and any other glitches that might need to be worked out. How that is set up could let Premium account holders know what should be handled with discretion (beta-test info?).

I know some basic holders are feeling the schism already, and I just would like to say that thus far, very little of the perks has an ingame impact. It's like I told someone earlier. The skirt still wears, it's just that some of us got a lining put in ours.
                Brassy
                Originally posted by Max Powers
                There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

I would say make the forum, but leave it open to everybody (maybe only allow premium accounts to post on it and basics can only view it).
                  'A man in a black hooded cape responds from afar, "What's up?"'
                  'Scott responds from afar, "NP"'
                  'Scott responds from afar, "You can share the poop with me too."'
                  'Scott responds from afar, "Idjit."'
                  'Bruce responds from afar, "Would you drop that bush, please?"'
                  'Testudo responds from afar, "What exactly is a 'magical' berry?"'
                  'Bactrian responds from afar, "Well that's freakish."'
                  'You sit down in a recliner covered in SirLocke's pants.'
                  'You are holding Bruce in both hands.'
                  'You are holding Bruce in your arms.'
                  'Jenn responds from afar, "roflmao"'
                  'Japes says, "What? No one's found the holy grail and the magical sword of the worm temple yet? Wow."'
                  'Japes says, "Oops. Shouldn't mention anything."'
                  'Japes says to you, "Sorry, PK tickets aren't available on buildings."'
                  'Jenn responds from afar, "Stop trying to aim weapon catch, you silly man."'
                  -Within these forums rest my legacy-
                  There's no "I" in "team," but there is in "winner."
                  In Loving Memory... 11/27/05-12/01/05

Comment

Originally posted by SirLocke
                    I would say make the forum, but leave it open to everybody (maybe only allow premium accounts to post on it and basics can only view it).
                    This is a bad idea. I am a basic account holder and would be a premium account holder if I had the financial ability to pay for one. I would feel really excluded if I could read something about Skotos and not comment on it. The reason is because I like to contribute to my best possible ability I have to contribute. If I have the ability to read about something and I cannot comment, it basically disallows me to contribute as a member of Skotos. I may be a basic account holder, but my word is as good as anyone's.

In fact, I think excluding members from commenting on any forum is a bad idea. I am fine with people being able to test something before basic account holders. Us basic account holders will just wait until the we are free to join the beta after the premium account holders have tried it out. But excluding members from being contributors, even if they are not in the beta at the moment, seems overly exclusionistic.

Comment

I think just an open forum like this one where both premium and basic users can voice their concerns would be fine. It doesn't restrict anybody and everyone can make comments if they want to - what they like, what they don't like, what they feel should be changed. And toss into that forum a sticky post about premium account changes, beta testing, etc.

I don't like the whole posting premium stuff on my.skotos.net idea because I never use it. Personally, I don't like it and would rather use the regular websites instead. But hey, other people might prefer it so not asking you to do away with it.
                      "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

I only have one problem with letting basic account holders post on a premium forum and this comes from the master experience of watching pople complain. The problem I have with basic people posting on a premium update forum is that they would end up flaming it with no fairs and how dare theys.

Comment

I actually trust there won't be lots of complaints, based on good and constructive feedback since we've actually kicked things off yesterday, so I don't want to restrict any access to a premium info forum if I set it up.

I'm leaning that way right now and really appreciate the feedback.

Shannon

Comment

A "Premium Skotos" page would be nice.
                            A separate place for premium account news and updates where the basic accounts wouldn't *have* to look at it in the General forums.

But leave it open for everyone, otherwise the Basic's who want to comment on it will simply begin a new thread in another forum and waste skotos.net's bandwidth and memory.
                            To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Garrik and Stix both make good points. I made mine based on the current er... well not as constructive as they could be threads that are in TEC's forum. We are vocal, we are brash, loud, opinionated and oh! How we love to share it all.
                              Brassy
                              Originally posted by Max Powers
                              There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

Working...
                              X