Idea for my.skotos.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for my.skotos.net

Is it possible for the my.skotos.net pages to be automatically updates every 5 or 10 minutes?

If so it would be easy for us to watch active forum threads and who lists without hoping from forum to forum and game to game.
    To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Garrick,

Yeah, that sounds quite possible.

Shannon

Comment

Awesome. So far I'm loving it.
      Brassy
      Originally posted by Max Powers
      There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

No 'c'.
        Thanks Shannon

Comment

Just to update:

I do appreciate the feedback, and have been working on both of these requests as time allows.

Garrik's is done; I just haven't made it live yet.

Brassy's revealed some flaws in my object methods for pages, and I'm trying to work out a last bug.

As part of this all, I'm also adding functionality for moving pages right and left, as that was a necessary step in creating a "delete", as the 'hole' needed to be closed up.

So, soon.

Shannon

Comment

Shannon,

If I wasn't married, lived in SoCal, and you were a cute lady, I would kiss you.

Comment

I did?

If you mean that page thingie where the panel wouldn't move from right to left? I thought that was just me... er.. being inept in my own fashion. *coughs* Never did occur to me that was bugish.

One day it will hit me, "Hey! This is something I should report! Glad ya caught it.
              Brassy
              Originally posted by Max Powers
              There are a lot of options out there outside of screwing with rank bonus to accomplish balance. I am more worried about people getting bored of the game because there are zero roleplay goals to be had which leaves mechanical goals, and those are effectively being capped.

Comment

Brassy,

Not entirely sure what the issue you're talking about is, though I'm happy to hear more.

I've been building in some functionality to delete *pages* and also move *pages* left and right. I've just had an issue where doing so multiple times in a row through the code causes additional panels to be added along the way. Like you're sludging through mud or something.

Annoying.

Shannon

Comment

The new version of my.skotos.net is now online. It includes:
                  • Page autoupdates every 5 minutes.
                  • Buttons to move each page left or right.
                  • Button to delete page.

I'm not entirely convinced of the placement of the new buttons at the top of the page, and may move them later.

For now, enjoy.

And if there are any problems, mail ce@skotos.net.

Shannon

Comment

Ahh forget it...

*you hear a large smooching sound coming from this post*

Thanks Shan-man *winks*

Comment

Working...
                    X