Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playable NPCs in GR and TEC!

Hello all,

NPC characters are now available to players with premium accounts on both The Eternal City and Grendel's Revenge.

Please see the threads in the forums for each game for further details!

Cheers,

- Bruce

Hey!

Thanks for the new fun of NPCs...

A few questions.

What will the support system for our Cineran and Bandit be?

Will our NPC Cinerans have access to the Cineran fort for food and rest? Will our Cinerans have a bath to recover Fatigue? What will the Bandit and Cineran NPCs eat when they grow hungry?

Can the Bandit and Cineran NPCs have a private *grumble* channel as in Grendel's so we can communicate with one another?

There are probably many more questions some of us have too.
    A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

So far it looks like the npcs have to fend for themselves.. though Jenn was kind enough to give my hoplite a torch after I complained of not being able to see anything.

It actually worked out rather well in the long run. My hoplite is coming along fine.
      "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Comment

I just wish they didn't cost so much SPoint wise.
        To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Re: Hey!

Originally posted by Tjames
          Thanks for the new fun of NPCs...

A few questions.

What will the support system for our Cineran and Bandit be?
          For the time being, there won't be much at all in the way of support for the NPCs. We weren't necessarily planning on providing any kind of infrastructure for them in terms of being able to participate in an organized way with their group. Of course, now that everyone's playing with them and we're getting to see some of the possibilities and feedback, it might be something we consider down the road.

You can join in with a group of computer-run NPCs. Your own type of NPC won't attack you (other NPCs may though, depending on your nationality/race/etc.). Some of the fun that folks have had so far in GR, for example, revolved around playing a support role for a spawned bunch of uglies fighting PCs.

Will our NPC Cinerans have access to the Cineran fort for food and rest? Will our Cinerans have a bath to recover Fatigue? What will the Bandit and Cineran NPCs eat when they grow hungry?
          Not for now. See the above notes. Food may have to be smuggled by sympathetic PCs or stolen. Otherwise, we don't have a "Cineran deli" set up in the Monlon hills.

Can the Bandit and Cineran NPCs have a private *grumble* channel as in Grendel's so we can communicate with one another?
          We're hesitant to do this for the time being until we see how this first step is all going to work out. The ability to play NPCS, for the moment, is intended to be a little flavor of some of the mayhem we have in monster mash days. Cause a little trouble, instigate a little role-play. There's not a whole lot of story-based structure to it.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for replies.

My Aestivan did see that barrel of aples in the fort's store room and a few nice bed. But arriving in the fields without a quiver or sack to put his spear into or even a torch to see with was a bit of a problem.

A problem is that the Cineran's do not pick up after themselves. *grumble*

There is a great deal of possibilities given what is offered.
            A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

We're hesitant to do this for the time being until we see how this first step is all going to work out. The ability to play NPCS, for the moment, is intended to be a little flavor of some of the mayhem we have in monster mash days. Cause a little trouble, instigate a little role-play. There's not a whole lot of story-based structure to it.
              Perhaps make language-based thinking, too? That would open up some possibilites. If they're thinking in a different language than your character's, it just says <blah thinks something in an unfamiliar language>.

Also, where's the osecar, eyeless humanoid, and hyapist playing???
              ------------------------------------------------
              'A man in a black hooded cape responds from afar, "What's up?"'
              'Scott responds from afar, "NP"'
              'Scott responds from afar, "You can share the poop with me too."'
              'Scott responds from afar, "Idjit."'
              'Bruce responds from afar, "Would you drop that bush, please?"'
              'Testudo responds from afar, "What exactly is a 'magical' berry?"'
              'Bactrian responds from afar, "Well that's freakish."'
              'You sit down in a recliner covered in SirLocke's pants.'
              'You are holding Bruce in both hands.'
              'You are holding Bruce in your arms.'
              'Jenn responds from afar, "roflmao"'
              'Japes says, "What? No one's found the holy grail and the magical sword of the worm temple yet? Wow."'
              'Japes says, "Oops. Shouldn't mention anything."'
              'Japes says to you, "Sorry, PK tickets aren't available on buildings."'
              'Jenn responds from afar, "Stop trying to aim weapon catch, you silly man."'
              -Within these forums rest my legacy-
              There's no "I" in "team," but there is in "winner."
              In Loving Memory... 11/27/05-12/01/05
              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
              X