Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Command: @themeedit

Hola!

A new command for creating/editing your own theme has been implemented into the Skoot games (All games that run on the SkotOS engine). That command is, as the title points out, @themeedit

You can create one theme per account and currently only those who hold Premium accounts are able to create/edit their theme.

All themes that are created are available for players to use. They will be prefixed by P_ and the name of the theme will be the name of the character that you create it with. So if I create my theme with Aziel, the theme name will be P_aziel.

You are able to edit this theme from any body on your account.

For those who are wondering, it is currently unknown if this will be available for a storypoint cost or what that cost might be. When I find out, I shall make a new post.

As always, please file any bugs that are encountered and enjoy!
    Jess

"You've just been perverted and befouled by the dark side, otherwise known as open-source. Typical, though, for your heart is already stained black with the corruption of your unholy programming." -- StoryCoder Aquilus

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain -- and most fools do."
    Dale Carnegie

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
    Snatch

Kalle says, "Can I see your thing that you give it with?"
    Kalle rolls 1D6 to speak English: DC 2. Rolls a 1. *FUMBLE*

"The only sensible way to estimate the stability of a Windows server is to power it down and try it out as a step ladder."

edit, theme, body? I don't understand, i'm sorry. What does this do, and what is its purpose?

Comment

See the dropdown box on the right hand side of the Zealous or Alice client. It says (Select a theme...)

Themes affect the color of your client. @themeedit lets you create your own theme. Give them a try.
      Jess

"You've just been perverted and befouled by the dark side, otherwise known as open-source. Typical, though, for your heart is already stained black with the corruption of your unholy programming." -- StoryCoder Aquilus

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

"The only sensible way to estimate the stability of a Windows server is to power it down and try it out as a step ladder."

Comment

As a quick note, you will not see your newly created theme in the dropdown menu until you refresh (reload) your client. It creates that list when the client is loaded, so it is not generated on the fly.
        Jess

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

Comment

Anybody have a convenient coloring chart somewhere?

Comment

http://www.webmoments.com/colorslist.htm
            Jess

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

Comment

http://mediagods.com/tools/rgb2hex.html

This one is a little clumsy, unfortunately. But combined with the one Aziel has posted, I'm sure you'll find the colors you want.

Make some good themes for me.
              --Steve (Stix)

Comment

I've been using this colour chart for years now, because it rocks: http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/big.html

Clicking on any colour in the palette will give you the corresponding hexidecimal code in the right panel.
                Parturiunt montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.

Horace Epistles

Comment

Wow, interesting I've been hoping for something like this for some time.

But I must said I missread the command at first.

I understand it's supposted to be read "theme edit" but for some reason I read it as "the me edit"
                  Xewe Golianor

((ooc: The cake is a lie))

Comment

Hmm. The Visibone chart only has the 216 most common colors. There are some out there that go upto... 1200 colors I believe. But I lost the bookmarks for those.
                    Jess

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

Comment

BTW, you -must- include the # in the color code.
                      Jess

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

Comment

My eyes! My eyes, they hurt! They sting... ugh. at one point it tweaked out because I accidentally used the scroller wheel on my mouse while clicked on the choosing window...

6 different themes whizzed by... I had my lights off... it left me disoriented.

-Chel

Comment

Yeah. At least three of those themes are bloody hazardous to your eyesight.
                          'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
                          -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
                          The most acceptable hypocrisy.
                          -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

Again, you -must- remember to include the # in the colorcode. Not all clients understand that 00FF00 is the same as #00FF00. I have manually fixed all themes that do not follow this convention.

Also, for your convenience, I've added the command: @themetest

This will give you a better breakdown of what each option is and where it is used.

I hope that helps! Keep up the good work!
                            Jess

Dale Carnegie

Snatch

Comment

Let us know when there's finally the option to pay storypoints to have access to this, I have a lot of points (and others that should come in if the system is not broken) and don't know how to spend them all, some description changes on CM have been overdone and I'm not going for that, but I'd like this, even if I'm not rich enough to pay for a premium account.
                              ~Isa~

Comment

Working...
                              X