Supposed Premium Benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed Premium Benefits

Here are some things that are supposedly ‘avilable’ to premium skotos subscribers in The Eternal City:

2000 RPs: Custom moves
    2500 RPs: Domus Credit
    1250 RPs: Heavy Cineran
    1500 RPs: Aestivan Hoplite
    2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
    5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package

Lets see, first the GMs changed custom moves from being…custom moves, to custom descriptions for pre-existing moves. Now, they don’t do them at all.

A domus credit is worthless, as there are none for sale, and never have been.

Heavy Cineran and Aestivan Hoplites are restricted to an area that players can no longer access. If you can even buy them anymore, you’ve wasted a great deal of RPS, since your essentially trapped in an area you’ll never see another PC.

Patrician Packages are given only to ‘accepted’ candidates, and only once a year. Unfortunately, whenever the GMs feel like it, its put on hold. I personally held a premium account JUST to acquire a patrician character from January to august. Because supposedly the class was in February. Then it was pushed back to March or early April. Then may. Then August. Guess what? Its December. In a month and a half, it’ll be an entire year since I was told I could have a patrician. Still no patrician class. Any chance of getting the RPS I spent on it back now that I’ve decided, a year after paying and not receiving what I paid for, to just have a basic account? No. I’ve asked. “We’ll look into it.” I’ve heard that a few times. But mainly I’ve heard “No”. Its my fault I wasted the RPS, trusting that I would be getting what I paid for.

I know. The GMs are understaffed, or at least were. That must excuse it then. How about I get refunded the nearly $150 I spent keeping up a premium account instead of a basic account because I was continuesly told "Next month. Patrician class will begin next month" since I had already paid the cost?

Also coming soon (In the upcoming months…as of 2002) Skotos Blogs! lol, define "Upcomming months". Don't you mean "Upcomming years"? Its been 3 so far, going on 4 since that was posted.

It wouldn’t be quite as much salt in the wounds though, if these things were not still listed by both Skotos and The Eternal City as viable options for premium members.

And 200 points story points for a Player's guide?! After the 4 months of paying you 30 bucks a month to play these games, I think the person will have enough idea of how to play so as not to waste all their story points on what is given by any other game ever made….for free standard with paying for the game.

First off, I agree with the changes to custom moves. There was way too much work that went with them, including just filtering out the idiotic, "My move should be able to set someone into a coma in 1 move" type moves. Furthermore, with the addition of moves to the gameworld, often the skill set wouldn't be balanced with those moves in them, and would require people to rebalance the skill set later on.

As for the Patricians, yeah it sucks. I was one of the ones accepted into the Pattie Class 2005. We However, the two GMs that usually took it on have left the game, and nobody has picked up the ball on patricians yet, and it doesn't look like they will soon.

Secondly, Patrician Packages aren't restricted to wealthy patricians. If you upgraded your package just to get a patrician, I'm sorry, but you misread something that cost you about 90 bucks extra. Only "Wealthy" patricians are restricted to Premium Packages. This is clearly visible from the help-files within the game, and other discussions on the forums. You do not need to be a premium account to have a patrician.

Thirdly, the player's guide is accessable enough to everybody. I can access it from the Eternal City game page. What they're talking about with the players guide that costs 200 SPs is one that is a printed players guide, sent directly to your house. This was the same one that was given out to all the old TEC members when TEC came over here.

Originally posted by Marnevel
    Dunstvangeet's right
    Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."

Comment

No, you don't have to be premium to have a patrician. As long as you don't mind deleting your 2nd, third, and fourth characters to move that last character slot into the number 2 spot so you can play it with a basic account. If not, then you have to keep a premium account active. Which, over 8 months, cost you about 150 dollars more than a basic account for the same length of time would cost you.

If my account had been grandfathered like it should have been, this wouldn't even be an issue. But as the months go by, no one from Skotos or WAP has cared enough to reply to my numerous inquiries into that particular matter. The two times I've gotten a GM response has been "E-mail <insert address here> about it." And both GM responses had different e-mails. Neither one has replied to me.

To find out more about that, look in the "General Skotos" forum under "Not Grandfathered ".

Comment

Try Emailing ce@skotos.net, if you're truely a grandfathered account.

Originally posted by Marnevel
        Dunstvangeet's right
        Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."

Comment

lol, yes, like I havn't already done that a few times already.

Comment

I believe, the last time I voiced a complaint about premium 'perks', I was told to 'downgrade if you do not like them.'

You can do a search..or I can, if I wasn't so lazy.

Comment

I like the fact that the Domus Credit option was never really used, even though you can win a domus through treasure hunts and those type of events, as if they can handle that and not the domus credit option offered through the RP system.

I've played off and on, but one of the things that got me was the non-grandfathering of my account after the move to Skotos. I had also gone through several different emails to people and never got responses.

I also never received a Player's Guide when I should have, but just like the non-grandfathering of my account, I received no replies to this topic either.

[joke]
              On the idea of pushing back Patrician classes, I think the GMs are just helping Skotos make money... *twiddles*
              [/joke]
              Originally posted by Binx
              Realism in TEC is the eight foot tall Wookie. It does not make sense.
              Originally posted by Tabmow
              Well, now that Binx has won the thread, can we move on?

Comment

I agree and am upset with the promises not kept involving service and the promises on how Frigin wonderful it would be once we were in skotos. How available GM's would be ECt.
                Bring it on you lovers of flame it turns my crank.

Slave to RP.

We believe in euthanasia here in TEC. We'll kill you any time, just ask.-Tale

Comment

Sorry, reading over past posts. My account was grandfathered and all from coming over to Skotos from where TEC was before, and was never sent my player's guide. Emailed Skotos, even got a reply which said they'd send it out, and never saw it in the mail. That was years ago, and the player's guide is outdated on quite a lot of information.

So yeah, otherwise, good experience with Skotos and all the mistakes I've made with my account here.
                  Hey, remember me!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Aquila Velivola View Post
                    Here are some things that are supposedly ‘avilable’ to premium skotos subscribers in The Eternal City:

2000 RPs: Custom moves
                    2500 RPs: Domus Credit
                    1250 RPs: Heavy Cineran
                    1500 RPs: Aestivan Hoplite
                    2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
                    5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package
                    Any thoughts on these things, what with the Renaissance and all?

Comment

also never received a Player's Guide when I should have, but just like the non-grandfathering of my account, I received no replies to this topic either.
                      O received a player's guide (It's gone now), even though I hadn't played in several months. It actually made me come back to the game. Which I am happy about because after that I still haven't -truly- left, even if I leave for 6 month stints now and then.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                      HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Well, if anyone was grandfathered in and I can somehow verify it, I will setup their current account to be grandfathered in. Just @report on it. This should have been taken care of through normal channels, but clearly the system broke down somewhere. I'll be glad to take a look at it and see what we can do about it.

As far as the Renaissance goes, we're on our way to finally making some of these options a reality. Org revamp is first on our list, which we plan to have a meeting with the playerbase about within the next week or two. After that, we will be focusing on the Pattie revamp and a new class finally. We're working in the background at this very moment to get things ready for new Patricians to step into the game with both feet running (at a noble pace, of course).

Custom Moves are, for now, going to remain the same as they have been. This was indeed done more for balance issues than a problem with GM time.

The Cineran and Aestivan options were removed once the War with those nations ceased to exist. This may be altered soon with the current Arc that has begun over the past few weeks. Stay tuned.

As far as Domus Credits, this has been something that we've neglected in respect to the grander view of the game over the years. With the new patrician class coming very soon, and a hard look at creating a fully realized Class system within the game over the next year, permanently owned housing is bound to rear its head again, and we will definitely make sure this option is taken into consideration at that time.

I hope this clears some things up. Thanks.

Comment

What they're talking about with the players guide that costs 200 SPs is one that is a printed players guide, sent directly to your house. This was the same one that was given out to all the old TEC members when TEC came over here.
                          Sad! I never got a paper copy of the player's guide. Not that's a big deal, but I'm a geek and TEC paraphernalia would be cool.
                          The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                          Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
                            Sad! I never got a paper copy of the player's guide. Not that's a big deal, but I'm a geek and TEC paraphernalia would be cool.
                            Nor did I. I didn't even know they gave out free swag.

Oh well! Looks like were Guideless!

We can download the PDF version, but who actually reads books on a screen?

Although, my account WAS grandfathered, I believe. I don't know for sure, don't care to downgrade to check.

Comment

What exactly is required to grandfather in an account? I have been in for many years (on and off). Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X