X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquila Velivola
    started a topic Supposed Premium Benefits

Supposed Premium Benefits

Here are some things that are supposedly ‘avilable’ to premium skotos subscribers in The Eternal City:

2000 RPs: Custom moves
    2500 RPs: Domus Credit
    1250 RPs: Heavy Cineran
    1500 RPs: Aestivan Hoplite
    2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
    5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package

Lets see, first the GMs changed custom moves from being…custom moves, to custom descriptions for pre-existing moves. Now, they don’t do them at all.

A domus credit is worthless, as there are none for sale, and never have been.

Heavy Cineran and Aestivan Hoplites are restricted to an area that players can no longer access. If you can even buy them anymore, you’ve wasted a great deal of RPS, since your essentially trapped in an area you’ll never see another PC.

Patrician Packages are given only to ‘accepted’ candidates, and only once a year. Unfortunately, whenever the GMs feel like it, its put on hold. I personally held a premium account JUST to acquire a patrician character from January to august. Because supposedly the class was in February. Then it was pushed back to March or early April. Then may. Then August. Guess what? Its December. In a month and a half, it’ll be an entire year since I was told I could have a patrician. Still no patrician class. Any chance of getting the RPS I spent on it back now that I’ve decided, a year after paying and not receiving what I paid for, to just have a basic account? No. I’ve asked. “We’ll look into it.” I’ve heard that a few times. But mainly I’ve heard “No”. Its my fault I wasted the RPS, trusting that I would be getting what I paid for.

I know. The GMs are understaffed, or at least were. That must excuse it then. How about I get refunded the nearly $150 I spent keeping up a premium account instead of a basic account because I was continuesly told "Next month. Patrician class will begin next month" since I had already paid the cost?

Also coming soon (In the upcoming months…as of 2002) Skotos Blogs! lol, define "Upcomming months". Don't you mean "Upcomming years"? Its been 3 so far, going on 4 since that was posted.

It wouldn’t be quite as much salt in the wounds though, if these things were not still listed by both Skotos and The Eternal City as viable options for premium members.

And 200 points story points for a Player's guide?! After the 4 months of paying you 30 bucks a month to play these games, I think the person will have enough idea of how to play so as not to waste all their story points on what is given by any other game ever made….for free standard with paying for the game.

• Stonespyder
    replied
    Bump......

Leave a comment:

• Nissa
    replied
    The Eternal City Premiums
    Core Rewards

5 Character Slots (base is 2, or 3 for older subscribers)
    3 RPs / hour base, 8 RPs / hour max
    3 GSPs / character / month (awarded on a day to be determined, not your renewal date)

Premium Subscribers will have the opportunity to help beta test some new skill sets and areas as they become available in TEC.

Role-Point Features

You may convert StoryPoints to RPs in The Eternal City. Type "@storypoints" in game to get a total. In the welcome area, type @play, then "V" to convert StoryPoints to Role Points at a 1:2.5 ratio.

Most RP features that do not require GM attention are available from the [S]pend StoryPoints option on the @play menu. This currently includes: [G]eneral Skill Points; [L]uck Points; [S]kill Slots; Increased [M]arkable Destinations; Increased [A]ttribute Potential; Changed Speech [V]erbs; and [C]reate and Play an NPC. Pet renaming is also available without GM attention, as noted below.

Premium subscribers may request one RP-based feature or service that requires GM attention every month (base is one every two months for non-premium subscribers). Any requested service will be guaranteed completed in 30 days. Requests may be made in TEC through "@request".

RolePoint Rewards Available to All Players

* 25 RPs: General Skill Points. @play.
    * 100 RPs: Recovery of Discarded Items
    * 250 RPs: Additional “Mark” Point. @play.
    * 250 RPs: Luck Points. @play.
    * 250 RPs: Skill Slots. @play.
    * 1000 RPs: Attribute Potential. @play.
    * 100 RPs: Item Alterations
    * 1500 RPs: Iridine Citizenship
    * 2000 RPs: Character Alterations/Makeovers
    * 2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
    * 3000 RPs: Custom Items

RolePoint Rewards Available to Premium Players

* 500 RPs: Custom emotes/speech patterns. @play.
    * 500 RPs: Ability to change a pet’s name. name <pet> <pet-name>".
    * 1000 RPs: Character Alterations/Makeover
    * 1500 RPs: Room Makeovers
    * 2000 RPs: Custom Items
    * 2000 RPs: Custom moves
    * 2500 RPs: Domus Credit
    * 2500 RPs: TEC Welcome Area Private Room
    * 3000 RPs: Personalized Events
    * 3000 RPs: Weddings
    * 4000 RPs: Organization Setup
    * 5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package

Additionally, items may be purchased in a new Welcome Area Store, which is available to Premium Subscribers west and south of the Welcome Area.

The Welcome Area store deployed on Saturday, November 2, 2002.

NPCs Available to Premium Players

Premium Subscribers will be able to use Role Points to assume the roles of NPCs and creatures in the gameworld. While the NPCs will be persistent and occupy a character slot, they can die only once, and can’t be brought back to life. They can, however, be used for some PvP activity (a PC killed by a player-controlled NPC can still use a Luck Point to be revived). The following prices are current:

* 200 RPs: Urchin
    * 200 RPs: Trader
    * 300 RPs: Sailor
    * 500 RPs: Gladiator
    * 600 RPs: Brute
    * 750 RPs: Forest Bandit
    * 900 RPs: Rogue
    * 1250 RPs: Heavy Cineran
    * 1500 RPs: Aestivan Hoplite

NPCs deployed on Wednesday, November 6, 2002.
    Items highlighted in red are benefits currently unavailable in the Eternal City as of 21 NOV 2010:
    • 5 Character Slots
    • 3 RPs / hour base, 8 RPs / hour max
    • 3 GSPs / character / month
    • Premium Subscribers will have the opportunity to help beta test some new skill sets and areas as they become available in TEC
    • Premium subscribers may request one RP-based feature or service that requires GM attention every month (base is one every two months for non-premium subscribers). Any requested service will be guaranteed completed in 30 days. Requests may be made in TEC through "@request"
    • 25 RPs: General Skill Points.
    • 100 RPs: Recovery of Discarded Items
    • 250 RPs: Additional “Mark” Point.
    • 250 RPs: Luck Points.
    • 250 RPs: Skill Slots.
    • 1000 RPs: Attribute Potential.
    • 100 RPs: Item Alterations
    • 1500 RPs: Iridine Citizenship
    • 2000/1000 RPs: Character Alterations/Makeovers
    • 2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
    • 3000/2000 RPs: Custom Items
    • 500 RPs: Custom emotes
    • 500 RPs: Custom speech patterns
    • 500 RPs: Ability to change a pet’s name.
    • 1500 RPs: Room Makeovers
    • 2000 RPs: Custom moves
    • 2500 RPs: Domus Credit
    • 2500 RPs: TEC Welcome Area Private Room
    • 3000 RPs: Personalized Events
    • 3000 RPs: Weddings
    • 4000 RPs: Organization Setup
    • 5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package
    • Welcome Area Store
    • PNPCs

17/29 benefits are currently unavailable.

I encourage players of the other Skotos games to take a look at this thread and then post a reply here with a comparison on how your favorite Skotos game's promised basic and premium benefits stack up against what's actually available.

Happy gaming!

Leave a comment:

• Exit
    replied
    Originally posted by Gavin121
    Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."
    And really, how can you argue with that?

Leave a comment:

• Death
    replied
    Originally posted by GMKevin View Post
    Well, if anyone was grandfathered in and I can somehow verify it, I will setup their current account to be grandfathered in. Just @report on it.
    @report and ask that he check. The account likely shows your originally sign-up date.

Leave a comment:

• Caedus
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    What exactly is required to grandfather in an account? I have been in for many years (on and off). Just curious.
    as have I, this is curious

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    What exactly is required to grandfather in an account? I have been in for many years (on and off). Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Diverge
    replied
    Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
    Sad! I never got a paper copy of the player's guide. Not that's a big deal, but I'm a geek and TEC paraphernalia would be cool.
    Nor did I. I didn't even know they gave out free swag.

Oh well! Looks like were Guideless!

We can download the PDF version, but who actually reads books on a screen?

Although, my account WAS grandfathered, I believe. I don't know for sure, don't care to downgrade to check.

Leave a comment:

• Stonespyder
    replied
    What they're talking about with the players guide that costs 200 SPs is one that is a printed players guide, sent directly to your house. This was the same one that was given out to all the old TEC members when TEC came over here.
    Sad! I never got a paper copy of the player's guide. Not that's a big deal, but I'm a geek and TEC paraphernalia would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• GMKevin
    replied
    Well, if anyone was grandfathered in and I can somehow verify it, I will setup their current account to be grandfathered in. Just @report on it. This should have been taken care of through normal channels, but clearly the system broke down somewhere. I'll be glad to take a look at it and see what we can do about it.

As far as the Renaissance goes, we're on our way to finally making some of these options a reality. Org revamp is first on our list, which we plan to have a meeting with the playerbase about within the next week or two. After that, we will be focusing on the Pattie revamp and a new class finally. We're working in the background at this very moment to get things ready for new Patricians to step into the game with both feet running (at a noble pace, of course).

Custom Moves are, for now, going to remain the same as they have been. This was indeed done more for balance issues than a problem with GM time.

The Cineran and Aestivan options were removed once the War with those nations ceased to exist. This may be altered soon with the current Arc that has begun over the past few weeks. Stay tuned.

As far as Domus Credits, this has been something that we've neglected in respect to the grander view of the game over the years. With the new patrician class coming very soon, and a hard look at creating a fully realized Class system within the game over the next year, permanently owned housing is bound to rear its head again, and we will definitely make sure this option is taken into consideration at that time.

I hope this clears some things up. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Armataan
    replied
    also never received a Player's Guide when I should have, but just like the non-grandfathering of my account, I received no replies to this topic either.
    O received a player's guide (It's gone now), even though I hadn't played in several months. It actually made me come back to the game. Which I am happy about because after that I still haven't -truly- left, even if I leave for 6 month stints now and then.

Leave a comment:

• NewPatriot
    replied
    Originally posted by Aquila Velivola View Post
    Here are some things that are supposedly ‘avilable’ to premium skotos subscribers in The Eternal City:

2000 RPs: Custom moves
    2500 RPs: Domus Credit
    1250 RPs: Heavy Cineran
    1500 RPs: Aestivan Hoplite
    2500 RPs: "Basic" Patrician Package
    5000 RPs: "Wealthy" Patrician Package
    Any thoughts on these things, what with the Renaissance and all?

Leave a comment:

• Holypaladin
    replied
    Sorry, reading over past posts. My account was grandfathered and all from coming over to Skotos from where TEC was before, and was never sent my player's guide. Emailed Skotos, even got a reply which said they'd send it out, and never saw it in the mail. That was years ago, and the player's guide is outdated on quite a lot of information.

So yeah, otherwise, good experience with Skotos and all the mistakes I've made with my account here.

Leave a comment:

• Talax
    replied
    I agree and am upset with the promises not kept involving service and the promises on how Frigin wonderful it would be once we were in skotos. How available GM's would be ECt.

Leave a comment:

• Binx
    replied
    I like the fact that the Domus Credit option was never really used, even though you can win a domus through treasure hunts and those type of events, as if they can handle that and not the domus credit option offered through the RP system.

I've played off and on, but one of the things that got me was the non-grandfathering of my account after the move to Skotos. I had also gone through several different emails to people and never got responses.

I also never received a Player's Guide when I should have, but just like the non-grandfathering of my account, I received no replies to this topic either.

[joke]
    On the idea of pushing back Patrician classes, I think the GMs are just helping Skotos make money... *twiddles*
    [/joke]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X