No announcement yet.

More account options please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like crusades as much as the other guy, so I'll join you in this.

Skotos: Are you all willing to have a discussion about account options/perks? It could be a great option for you guys, and in fact, drive more people back to being paying customers.

As one of the few non-trolls of the forums, I'm happy to help keep the discussions on a positive note.

Thanks.
    <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
    Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
      And 2 months later. Noone cares. Other graphical free to play games are seeming to win. I know for one i'm logging in less and less lately. Mainly due to the censorship of the forums and people not being able to voice their opinion's without threats of their accounts (both forum and in game) getting deleted.

That and the constant disregard towards pricing.
      Two more months later and still, nada.

I only play TEC. I currently pay for prem. because I can (barely) afford to on a month to month basis. I'd like to pay yearly, and would do so if the fee was significantly lower. THAT is why I never expect the fee to be lowered. Why would a company offer me a service at a discount when, if they charge more I can only afford it a month at a time? Strictly dope-dealer mentality, never give a junkie a discount. Sell 10 dollar hits, get 'em hooked, and never cut them a deal. They'll keep coming back, guaranteed.

Oh, just thought I'd mention...the new Elite mmorpg is nearly out, scheduled for a February release. When that one comes out, ya'll might be seeing quite a bit less of me.
      "The heat come by and busted me for smilin' on a cloudy day..."

Grateful Dead

Comment

There's unfortunately little more to say, because it's already been said. As I noted before, offering the other games is a free benefit. If we removed the free benefit, it wouldn't change our pricing, because if we decreased our prices we couldn't afford to run our games.

We've held our prices steady for about a decade, without any increases. We've also offered free play on many of our games for people who prefer not to pay, and a good number of people have taken advantage of that option.

I've got some other things in the works right now, but if you want to talk about paying account perks in mid-March or so, feel free to drop me a line; I'm open to ideas that can increase the paying player base

Comment

I wish Skotos would release Grendel's Revenge to another entity that could allow the game to grow again. It's an awesome game. There is just no way a mud is going to compete with similarly or lesser priced graphical mmorpgs. Any players paying $5 a month would be a lot more money than 0 players paying $30 a month. I fail to see Skotos' business logic. Should at least do like a trial of temporarily offering single game only subscriptions and see how many people come back...send out email notices of course. *goes back to playing one mmorpg (that offers 50 characters for $15 a month on a graphical game with constant new content) and another mmorpg (that is free to play and also has constant new content on a graphical platform).....they rhyme with pow and sift*
          Archimage
          Formerly known as Lord of Silence
          Formerly Head of Administrative Affairs for Usuichii's Lab
          Formerly a member of the Dark Dragoons.
          Formerly leader and master architect of the Labyrinth.

Comment

Sigh...

Grendel's Revenge has been FREE TO PLAY for many moons now! Restrictions are on creating new builders and leaders and T7's. Also, only ONE free character per IP address. When you log into your account, if it is not already paid for, you will be redirected to the account payment page. Disregard that. LEAVE THAT PAGE OPEN. Open another page at:

http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/

(Player Portal) and Wha-la! you can play. The free character is the one listed first in your character list. If this is not the character you wish to play for free, then you may contact staff and request them to move the one you wish into the first spot. They are HAPPY to do so!

I expect to see you ALL in game ASAP!!

Korky the Ogre
            Head Builder and Trapper of The Republic

Comment

Originally posted by Korky View Post
              Sigh...

Grendel's Revenge has been FREE TO PLAY for many moons now! Restrictions are on creating new builders and leaders and T7's. Also, only ONE free character per IP address. When you log into your account, if it is not already paid for, you will be redirected to the account payment page. Disregard that. LEAVE THAT PAGE OPEN. Open another page at:

http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/

(Player Portal) and Wha-la! you can play. The free character is the one listed first in your character list. If this is not the character you wish to play for free, then you may contact staff and request them to move the one you wish into the first spot. They are HAPPY to do so!

I expect to see you ALL in game ASAP!!

There's actually no restriction on builders, and the restriction on leaders was just for clan leaders, but it's been lifted.

You still can't be a T7 though, but I think they're all taken anyway.
              <Pandarus thinks aloud: Oh Ereal's blazing jewels, I'm on my way.>

Comment

Working...
              X