X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shentino
    replied
    Originally posted by Giant View Post
    Would like to see a discount for yearly or quarterly subscriptions as well.
    I think they already have that.

Leave a comment:

• Giant
    replied
    Originally posted by glenh View Post
    Id sign up for a year of premium if it was TEC only and costed a shi load less. In the same boat as probably most people, only play 1 game and have to pay for the whole of Skotos...
    Would like to see a discount for yearly or quarterly subscriptions as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kikaro
    replied
    I moved to Skotos with TEC. Played TEC since 2000 when the moved here. I bounce between GR and TEC (In my GR phase atm). I've tried Marrach, Ironclaw, etc. the only game besides GR and TEC I would play on the regular is Hegemony which feels like i have to pull teeth across the skotos forums to get a game going. I would love the idea of paying for games individually instead of a blanket system which honestly is over priced. $30 for premium. I could pay for two visually stimulating mmorpg's for the same price. And GR, the game I play the most, all of the perks are vastly higher priced than TEC or any of the other games availible.

Leave a comment:

• glenh
    replied
    Id sign up for a year of premium if it was TEC only and costed a shi load less. In the same boat as probably most people, only play 1 game and have to pay for the whole of Skotos...

Leave a comment:

• The Burninator
    replied
    I support this idea to an infinite amount. I only play one game regularly, Grendel's Revenge, and right now I take advantage of the free account. If I were able to pick only that game to play at the cost of $5 or so for a Basic account, I would pay it and probably reactivate my second account while I'm at it.

Leave a comment:

• Giant
    started a topic More account options please?

More account options please?

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=93685

Was browsing the forums and ran into this thread again. I would like to see Skotos offer accounts for individual games. Having tried most of the games Skotos has to offer as of right now the only game that interests me is The Eternal City.

An option to pay 4-5$ for an basic account and 14-15$ for a premium to play TEC only or all the other games from Skotos would be fantastic. I would gladly pay for a premium to gain the benefits, but as of right now we can only pay for a bundle of games for pretty high prices compared to other games in the industry. Even if we are drawing in more players with the Free to play accounts you aren't making any money from them.

At first you'll be earning less because of the price cuts or even more if people from basics are all upgrading to premium, but if people do use/play all that a bundled account has to offer it wouldn't change much. It's just good business to offer the same services to a wider variety of customers with different wallet sizes while gaining more paid players increasing playerbase which also is a plus. In my case I just don't want to pay so much for a single game that is ran mostly by volunteer GMs and filled with bugs that has been around for years, but a reasonable price to support the game that I like and have hopes for is doable.

Not sure about the profits Skotos is making, but I'm pretty sure it can only be going down every year with playerbases dwindling. Offer these single account options to games that is earning less like GR and TEC to test and see how well they'll do, and maybe move onto other games depending on the results.
Working...
X