Unapproved posting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unapproved posting

I have been trying to reply to the Chroniclers Lament Post and it pops up like it's posting, but it has a green bar that says "Unapproved" with nothing I wrote. It also says "The reply below can be found on the next page, click here" and I click and it takes me to the last post which is not mine.

I get that sometimes. You have to type some random stuff like "lhsdfflkjhsaklgdsaygwayig" and then edit the posting. It's really weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Royal Librarian
    Apprentice Jeweler
    Courtier of the Winter Court
    Handmaiden to Her Majesty
    Assistant Dean of the Royal Collegium

Comment

Weirdly this just popped up because of course I was unapproved to type that. So strange

Comment

VBulletin's anti-spam efforts sometimes falsely flag 'suspicious' posts and send them to moderators for approval. I'm not sure what the criteria is for a suspicious post, but I imagine a lot of in-game advertisement posts may meet some of the criteria of real life advertisements. Unfortunately it also doesn't send us a noticeable message that a post is awaiting approval, I only noticed this feature when I happened to check a semi-obscure section of my control panel.

And no, lol, typing 'asdflkghfdqstg' will not force the post to go through. A moderator has to manually approve it.
        StoryHost Kurzon
        Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

I posted in the Castle Marrach discussion forum and it doesn't look like it went through either. It was about streamlining the Chancery. I imagine streamline might have flagged it since .. streaming is bad. Maybe I'll go try to rename the title.

Comment

I got this last night, and this morning. Is assisting on it the appropriate response?
            Honored Guest
            Royal Purse Bearer
            Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
            Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
            Elder Teacher of the Battle Guild

Comment

See the sticky post in this forum and file an assist.

Comment

The response to the assist was I had nothing in line to be approved, and some of them eventually popped up.
                Honored Guest
                Royal Purse Bearer
                Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
                Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
                Elder Teacher of the Battle Guild

Comment

Unapproved posts will show up in red to me when I look at the forums, so I can click on them to manually approve them. We recently had a forum upgrade to the newest vBulletin so it may have caused a few things to be wonky

" FORUM UPGRADE

Sorry for a bit of disruption today. We just did a big upgrade of the forums from vBulletin 5.2.3, to the newest 5.4.3. Let us know if you see any problems.
                  "
                  Since your posted eventually popped up, another mod may have approved them, or they may have eventually slipped through the "filter" and worked. Sorry for that
                  -StoryPlotter Yuuta

Comment

UPDATE - A lot of posts that include links in them (likely all of them) will, by default, go to "unapproved" until a mod can approve them. Not all staff has mod access to the forums, but speaking for myself I will try to keep up on the forums and approve them as I see them. Until then, continue to file assists if your post doesn't show up, so I can knock it into visibility No need to post multiple, it won't work
                    -StoryPlotter Yuuta

Comment

I had a post and I typed 'SHE' and it was unapproved. I deleted it and typed who I was referring it and it went straight through. The forums does not like 'SHE'.

HAHA
                      Taite Morrison
                      - Seeker in Natura Balanus
                      - Assistant Guild Leader of the Awakeners
                      - Unity
                      - Junior Page
                      - Senior Seamstress
                      - Battle Guild
                      - Sculptor in the College of the Humanities

Comment

Working...
                      X