Born Naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Naked

I just made a new character and saw that they are not awakened with the linens on, but holding them. Is that a new process now? Because it would be nice if the newly had -something- on when they come out. Wouldn't want confused naked or "nekked" people prancing around. What's up?
    --This post is signed with a small, precise sketch of a dragonfly in mid-flight--

Re: Born Naked

Originally posted by Dragonfly
    I just made a new character and saw that they are not awakened with the linens on, but holding them. Is that a new process now? Because it would be nice if the newly had -something- on when they come out. Wouldn't want confused naked or "nekked" people prancing around. What's up?
    I think you got a Natralist character

Ser Kaine Crymanwr
    Honoured Guest
    Apprentice to Mistress Zia

OOC Sig.

Today is a good day for Pie

Comment

This has happened before. I've found not one, not two, but three newlies come out of their rooms with linens in hand and completely naked in one night. This has terrible roleplay damage, because not ALL newlies are alts, and might not yet know about what to do about WEARING the clothes.. I'm sure it's a bug, and when the S*'s, god bless their hard-working souls, get the time I'm sure they'll get to it :P

-Jase
      Royal Chief of Medicine
      Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
      Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

Hmmmm.... an idea I've had about this? Maybe when one of the Awakeners gets whatever message it is that they get from their necklaces if they could page the Newlie and tell them to wear the linens? It might help them out a bit?

But then, I don't know how they work, so I have no idea if this is a good idea or not.

Comment

Theres one problem with that Bry, I believe the awakeners get the message from the worn linens, not just the newly.

Though I could be wrong.
          To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

The awakeners get the message through the person holding the linens as they first arrive past the clock. Thus it would work, in theory.
            Royal Chief of Medicine

Comment

Yup yup yuppers. It's not from the linens - Daven and I tested it out a week or two ago. Dweia ran past the clock a few times dressed in linens to check it out, but Daven didn't receive a message from his Awakeners' necklace.

...Thank god for deserted early mornings.

Parturiunt montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.

Horace Epistles

Comment

I said that I knew absolutely nothing about how it works, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ildara
                  Yup yup yuppers. It's not from the linens - Daven and I tested it out a week or two ago. Dweia ran past the clock a few times dressed in linens to check it out, but Daven didn't receive a message from his Awakeners' necklace.
                  The necklace only works for the linens' first time through the clock. For example, if a newlie awakens, goes out his/her door, and goes to the sunset room without first stopping by the clock to the north, he/she could get clothing, go back to their room, change, and leave the room and drop the linens on the floor. The linens have yet to hit that clock.. Soon along comes a random awakener or someone else, like Daven, who sees the linens and decides to bring the to the shrine. Daven pics 'em up, and walks by the clock. all of a sudden, all of the Awakeners with necklaces on will see Daven's name appear. The linens are attuned to affect the necklace after passing the clock once, and only once, and show the name of whomever is holding or wearing them And I've seen some pretty humorus people who appeared on my necklace
                  Royal Chief of Medicine

Comment

Suddenly ponders if Garrik's name has ever appeared, other than when he was first awakened of course.
                    To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Another reason I shouldn't post...

Wouldn't want confused naked or "nekked" people prancing around.
                      Saeka tug's her vest openly
                      Saeka removes her vest

Saeka slides her towel downwardly
                      Saeka removes her towel

Saeka yells happily "NEKKED!"

No, I don't have any intentions of corupting newlies, none at all ...

And yes, that scene happens excedingly often
                      . . .

Comment

Re: Born Naked

Originally posted by Dragonfly
                        Sorry for taking so long fixing this (horrible) bug. It should work correctly now. If it doesn't, you are hereby all granted the right to heap massive abuse onto me.

Zell

Comment

I thought the bug wasn't horrible at all. It was actually amusing. I enjoyed dropping clothes on newlies and pointing out their, um, - exposure.

We can blame it on a lapse in Getheat or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X