Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logging in with an IPad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logging in with an IPad?

    Is there a way to log into Marrach using an ipad? Safari doesn't support Flash, nor am I able to download Firefox. I downloaded SkyFire which touted it's ability to use Flash, but it is not working either. Any suggestions?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_107_1461888285888_305[/ATTACH]

  • #2
    Download the Pocket MUD app. It's pretty crappy to my experience, though. Granted, I've only used it with iPhone. The address is Marrach.skotos.net and the port is 443.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow, pretty basic. But it worked. Thank you!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_107_1461888285888_305[/ATTACH]

      Comment


      • #4
        awesome. Was just wondering this myself since I'm inheriting an iPad in a month

        Comment


        • #5
          I use pocket mud (bought it just for Marrach) but I tend to only use it for logging in to contact someone via page or small rp's. Get stuck in a room full of people, and you'll be in pain :P
          Royal Chief of Medicine
          Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

          Comment


          • #6
            Hm, so I see! And here I was thinking I was a genius for taking along my ipad with keyboard case on my trip instead of my laptop. Go figure. Well, see you all Monday then. <.<
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_107_1461888285888_305[/ATTACH]

            Comment


            • #7
              I only use the app mentioned to check scrolls and do small, one person RP sessions. Maybe to page someone too. But it's horrible in a room with over even 3 people.
              Adriana~

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Leodegrance View Post
                Hm, so I see! And here I was thinking I was a genius for taking along my ipad with keyboard case on my trip instead of my laptop. Go figure. Well, see you all Monday then. <.<
                With a keyboard it might not be so bad, but I don't see why you'd rather take that than a laptop - and get the Zealotry experience :P
                Royal Chief of Medicine
                Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dolph View Post
                  I don't see why you'd rather take that than a laptop - and get the Zealotry experience :P
                  Well, I have never tried to play from an ipad! I presumed Flash would work, nope. I then supposed surely I could download Firefox... nope. Last time I make this mistake!
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_107_1461888285888_305[/ATTACH]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Leodegrance View Post
                    Well, I have never tried to play from an ipad! I presumed Flash would work, nope. I then supposed surely I could download Firefox... nope. Last time I make this mistake!
                    Flash? On an Apple product?

                    Now you're dreaming
                    Royal Chief of Medicine
                    Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      >.> This is my first Apple product. Everything else has been/is Android. But the Android tablet just didn't have the functionality of the iPad. So my significant other switched, raved about it, and I switched too. Yeah, well it's great. Except for videos and Marrach. Oh well, I have lots of games downloaded. But nothing quite so addicting as Marrach.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_107_1461888285888_305[/ATTACH]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Leodegrance View Post
                        >.> This is my first Apple product. Everything else has been/is Android. But the Android tablet just didn't have the functionality of the iPad. So my significant other switched, raved about it, and I switched too. Yeah, well it's great. Except for videos and Marrach. Oh well, I have lots of games downloaded. But nothing quite so addicting as Marrach.
                        Agreed - I love the iPad. The lack of flash is just a minor setback. I mean, I have an iPhone and I used to have the EVO 4g. I absolutely LOVE my iPhone
                        Royal Chief of Medicine
                        Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Flash client works with the Puffin broswer for iPad. It has some client interface issues, but it does work.

                          Pocket MUD Pro also seems to work pretty well.

                          StoryPlotter Geist
                          geist@marrach.skotos.net

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So if you updated Pocket Mud lately and hadn't updated to iOS 6, the app won't work any more.

                            *eye shift*

                            Anyone expecting J to be around, well, not until I can update iOS from wifi. Sorry peeps.
                            Valet to the Consort

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              update: itelnet is a lovely app with a font I find easier to read. sweet.

                              also, emailed Pocket MUD guy and got a great reply:

                              "Thank you so much for the contact in an email (rather than in a 1 star review). *I am VERY sorry for the issue and have already submitted an update to resolve it. *Apple is on about a 5 day approval time right now. *Please accept my sincerest apologies and thanks again for being awesome enough to actually email me."

                              Maybe I'll ask him to give font options (perhaps there are, I just can't see them on an app that won't load) to Pocket MUD. Cool guy.
                              Valet to the Consort

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X