Alice, why hast thou forsaken me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice, why hast thou forsaken me?

I have no idea what's going on here, but I logged on as normal this morning... main screen, log in, overview, character select... everything right as rain.

The Alice window starts to load, I can see all the right information there in the title (Alice, char=avaria, etc.), but then instead of the normal chat interface up pops the log in screen. Okay, I thought, that's weird, but I'll put the info in again. Then up comes the account overview screen. Okay, I thought, that's weird, but I'll just click the Marrach button again.

Now the normal castle interface screen appears. But instead of Welcome to Marrach, have a nice time, all that appears is
    You don't seem to have a body named '[NIL]'. Try again:
    Help?
    Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
    Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
    Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
    Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

Huh?

Okay, I tried it again, and had the same thing happen. This time though, I thought I'd try to tell Alice who I was.

When I typed in the character I wanted to play, poof, everything is fine.

Very strange
    Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
    Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
    Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
    Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

Comment

I used to get that all the time.. it went away after a while though. No one had an answer as to why it would do it when I'd page the programmers though

Holly
      Equerry to Lady Hieronyma
      Adjunct-Prosecutor (Acting)
      Master Jeweler

Comment

*sigh*

Alice does the same thing to me once in a while...it always goes away eventually, though.
        ~Sara
        ~Sera Veruca Dantes~
        ~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd have the whole moonlit sky in the palm of my hand.~

Comment

Re: *sigh*

Originally posted by Veruca
          Alice does the same thing to me once in a while...it always goes away eventually, though.
          ~Sara
          What happens is very silly, and we should fix it, but then again we should fix all the other ten thousand things that are wrong. Right, I was telling you what happens:

- You leave the Marrach gateway screen up over night
          - You click the character you wish to play
          - The Alice window opens and tries to fetch Alice
          - Overnight, the 24-hour login cookie has expired
          - The system boots you over to the login screen
          - You re-enter your name and password and click to proceed
          - The system takes you back precisely to where you were, except it foolishly leaves off a bit of data that indicates which character you're trying to log in as
          - The game gets very confused because it needs a character name and all it has is NIL (i.e. nothing)

The part that would be easy to fix is the one where the system loses the extra bit of information. But I'm too sleepy right now, I'd break everything. Soon, soon.

Zell

Comment

Working...
          X