Firefox update = macro-less

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox update = macro-less

It's a sad day. Latest Firefox update appears to have eaten all macros. Roisine's player (I think) mentioned this last weekend but apparently I had not gotten the update yet.

I have it today and am stumped. Is there a Zealotry update that would fix it? It still points to the macro file -- that is now empty, at least when I have firefox load them.

(and the new font is really annoying. any have suggestions on how to change it back to something closer to what we had? it's too serif-heavy for me)

Firefox: 36.0 Mac OS
    Zealotry version 0.7.12.4
    Valet to the Consort

edit: Firefox just updated to 36.0.1 but still borked.
    Valet to the Consort

Comment

Auto-Logging too

edit: auto logging appears to also be broken. Which might affect more people than the macro issue. While I can turn it on, it's not actually doing anything or writing to a file, even after I tell it where. It will, however, tell me when I turn it off.

Valet to the Consort

Comment

You can find Firefox 35.0 here. I would use that until there's a Zealotry update. It should link up automatically with your macros and resume autologging once you roll back.
        Jacicus explains aside to Seryn, "Sometimes, men need a kick up the ass to get them moving in the right direction."

Comment

thanks! back to 'normal', YES.

also, turn off auto updates if you have it turned on, since that's how I ended up in this mess....
          Valet to the Consort

Comment

FF will continue to automatically update itself despite turning off these settings. Your only option in the preferences is to tell it to never check for updates, which I wouldn't recommend. FF won't push the 36.0 update through until you restart the browser if you're using the "let me choose to install updates" option, so I suppose you could just be careful not to close it. I've been holding onto the installation file and overwriting with 35.0 every time it forces the update. It's annoying, but not having macros and autologging is more annoying to me, so I'm dealing with it until there's a Zealotry update.
            Last edited by SUFMacDougall; 03-09-2015, 05:13 PM. Reason: clarification
            Jacicus explains aside to Seryn, "Sometimes, men need a kick up the ass to get them moving in the right direction."

Comment

gosh - thank you!! I thought I was going INSANE

Comment

I doubt there'll ever be a zealotry update, unfortunately, so it looks like we're stuck forever with this version of FF.

Comment

Following in the footsteps of Geist, I started using the Pale Moon browser about a year ago and haven't had any issues with it yet:

http://www.palemoon.org/

Pale Moon is a Firefox-based open source browser without all the constant updates and instability of Firefox. Being Firefox based, it looks and runs like Firefox, and can run Firefox extensions including Zealotry, but won't auto update without your approval and shouldn't encounter issues like the one in the original post.
                  StoryHost Kurzon
                  Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon@marrach.skotos.net

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Working...
                  X