Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Changes to the Chronicler's Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the Chronicler's Guild

In light of all of the recent activity regarding our Office, I've conferred with the Head SP herself, and here is what we've come up with. I am posting this here OOCly first for your comments and questions, with an IC post to follow.

1) We are opening our floodgates a bit, so to speak. Internal changes to the structure of the office will be to do away with Aspirants completely, and start all prospective members as Juniors with no increase in rank. However Junior Chroniclers will be abled to join any other guild. Present Aspirants will be immediately changed over to the title of 'Junior Chronicler'.

2) Guidelines for application to our ranks will remain open until the Office of the Chroniclers is sufficiently staffed. To apply as Chronicler, simply scribe a scroll in the style of a Chronicle and send it to either Assistant Aislinn or Astana. If your work bears merit, you will be contacted for an appointment.

3) Month-long training sessions will then be held weekly for Junior Chroniclers to be trained in the style and process of writing Chronicles. Training sessions will be taught by either Assistant or myself.

4) As a Junior Chronicler, you will be given leads of stories to cover, opportunities to interact greatly with those who can potentially reward you with favor, and IB passes for key events. Junior Chroniclers will be able to post freely on a board to be created and dedicated chiefly to the Chronicles of the Castle. Official Chronicles as will be directly read by the Queen herself, as well as a new board which will be posted to the Inner Bailey for it's denizens to read. All of which means predominately one thing: An opportune chance at exposure for your character without having to compromise other interests as well as more Chronicles posted with more active Chroniclers writing.

5) Assitant Chroniclers will remain ranked at ninth link with full access to all IB privileges and higher favour. In order to become an Assistant Chronicler however, you will be expected to give up all other guilds to devote yourself exclusively to the Office of the Chronicler. There will be minimum requirements of Chronicles scribed as well as understanding of Courtesy and all the attributes that devoting yourself as Chronicler entails. Assitant Chroniclers will predominately cover IB events, with the exception of truly outstanding Junior Chroniclers that have attained high favor or have proved exceptional in their scribing. Plans are imminent to increase these numbers as soon as I have qualified people.

4) There will be seperate ongoing Chronicles on the new board for events such as Duels and Court, with specific Chroniclers to oversee them, but where any Junior or Assitant Chronicler may post on as is needful.

5) We will accept plotlines, events and other Chronicle-worthy issues via email. I will post a sticky to the new board to entail the contacts and email addresses along with guidelines. In the interim, and as stated in my previous post, feel free to email me directly at shebreathes@yahoo.com with pertinent items.

Hopefully, these changes will serve to establish greater numbers as well as offer more opportuniteies for plot exposure.

And as always, all comments are welcomed.

**And an edit - We will no longer refer to the Chroniclers as a 'Guild'. Techically, it is an 'Office'. I'm letting the title of this post stand in light of the other post earlier, but just to clarify for the benefit of all.**

Last edited by Sorcha; 08-02-2002, 12:54 PM.
    The yoke or the throne?

All I have to say is that this is awesome and I hope to see more Chroniclers running about.

Comment

well not comments, but questions.
      Who will get access to these posts? I ask becouse tho the IB/OB gap is supposed to be there, I dont really want a restriction on people reading eaither board. Unless they want to have such IC (Like some of the IB people will IC not read the OB board)
      also will non chroniclers be allowed to attend the training?or will this be a IC question only.. I ask becouse some ofther groups and people can use a little polishing on that kind of skill. Keepers for example.. and me..
      other than that looks good.. I dont plan to become a chronicler.. but then I never did.

Comment

Who will get access to these posts? I ask becouse tho the IB/OB gap is supposed to be there, I dont really want a restriction on people reading eaither board. Unless they want to have such IC (Like some of the IB people will IC not read the OB board)
        Good Questions.

As far as IC justification, we will assume that we are scribing two identical Chronicles which will be seperately posted on each Bailey board. OOCly, you are reading the Chronicles today on an Open Forum and imagining it's the board in the OB, yes? That would not change, there would simply be an additional board to imagine on which they were posted. Which means access for all.

also will non chroniclers be allowed to attend the training?or will this be a IC question only.. I ask becouse some ofther groups and people can use a little polishing on that kind of skill. Keepers for example.. and me..
        Although it is intended to train the Chroniclers only, because we are committed to all things devoted to the art of scribing, I can't see why not. After all, we could be training future Chroniclers as someone may discover they really aren't that bad and would like to try their hand at scribing with us. At the very least, it would be a needed service towards assisting the denizens in improving written skills.

It may be that an aside to that would be to hold special sessions for the public to present this type of training for the benefit of anyone wishing to learn to scribe better, where the focus could be more appropriately ascribed to good writing habits overall than simply writing Chronicles.

Something definitely worth thinking about.
        The yoke or the throne?

Comment

Did I do that?

Wow!
          Speak and ye shall receive! Just kidding, I can tell that this has obviously been in the works for a long time and that if anything, all my comments did was summarize the situation and at best encourage someone to do something about it.

I guess I'm just glad that something positive is being done to improve things. I think these changes will help alot. And I think I'll pony up and give the game another go and try my hand at chronicling.

I have to say, this really makes me feel better about the game as a whole. The level of Player to Developer relations is amazing.

PS: LOVE the "Office" over "Guild" distinction. some may argue it's a question of symantics, but I like symantics.

Comment

Huzzah!

-Pete.
            ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
            ~ For Honour! For Glory!
            ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

*tease Pete* Now Gareth can finally get that scroll pin that's been missing from his collection!
              Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
              Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
              Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
              Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

Comment

Seriously, though, I'm glad to see some of these changes. Especially letting beginning Chroniclers keep or seek other guild associations. I can't tell you how many excellent potential Juniors we have lost over the years to the exclusive service clause.
                Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
                Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
                Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
                Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information