Twiki Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twiki Registration

Hearing people talking about Twiki? Have no idea what it's about?

Twiki

This is the site for members of Guilds and other organizations. It also has some other good general information for the public. There's also "behind the scenes" sections for staffpeople. (No, you can't have it!)

How do you get access to "the good stuff?"

There's a registration page:

Twiki Registration
    • Use your character name as your "First & Last Name" ("Gareth Beaumains")
    • Your WikiName should be of the format "SerXxxxx" or "SeraXxxxx". ("SerGareth")
    • Enter your email address for the character.
    • Select a password, and enter it, then re-enter it.
    • Use your character name, Initialcap ("Gareth", not "gareth") as your Intranet login name.
    • Select the user type "Marrach Player".
    • Enter in the optional info if you want.

Once you have registered, you are still not part of your Guild's site. You'll have to bug your Guildleader to grant you access.

Each guild or association maintains their own processes for how you gain access.

(I only take care of access to the Rememberers and Battle Guild.)

Enjoy!

Your friendly neighborhood,

-Pete.
    ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
    ~ For Honour! For Glory!
    ~ Onwards to Adventure!

LPA members (assistant instructor and above) should speak with sera Calla Dane, ser Salain, sera Dweia or myself (sera Samia) for access.

Comment

Bugs Pete to put Mairead on Battler's list. I'm on TWiki just not the Battlers.....

Pweeeeese Pete????

Comment

Just added you, Mair!

Comment

Cheers muchly Gaby!

Comment

Hay Pete? Before advertising for a technology hosted somewhere else you might want to check to make sure you have the facts straight.

You can't go an make yourself a twiki account, for a zillion reasons I'll go into in email if you really want to know. You need someone in the community to make the account for you. Then people with control of webs can grant access.

-=- Matt

Comment

Ugh! Right you are Matt. Mea culpa.

You need an "inisider" (someone with Twiki access already) to login and grant you access by registering you. Use the instructions I gave above to do so on behalf of other players.

My sincere apologies to those people who tried this and found it didn't work.
              Otherwise, I have to thank Matt and SC Aziel for doing a SUPER job with Twiki admin. It's one of those 'secrets' of the castle that help it keep running smooth. I think it deserves an 'unsung hero' award.

Twiki is one of the neatest tools in the game, and their work behind the scenes keeps it running smooth.

Also kudos to all the people who have over the year+ Twiki has been around helped make so many sites shine with awesome content and helped with user and group administration!

-Pete.
              ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
              ~ For Honour! For Glory!
              ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

Well, its not like we wrote the software. Thats done under one of the public licenses over at www.twiki.org. We did set it up, and I do donate the bandwidth, disk space, and CPU time to host it on one of the servers at home. But I do it to help out, and I think it has helped out a bunch.

But letting anyone on the net make accounts just opens things up a bit too much to abuse I'm afraid.

-=- Matt

Comment

FYI: How to add new Twiki users. Again, it requires someone already in Twiki to register a new person for acesss.

These days I take care of the Rememberer's Society (as its Guardian) and the Astrology Circle (as Founder), though I am hoping to get access to help edit the Poet's Brotherhood membership also.

There's a tremendous wealth of information to be researched in Guild's private Twiki. For people who are information sleuths, joining a guild might be worth it simply to see all the juicy history they have stored up!

-Pete.
                  ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                  ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                  ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

A bump for timeliness, with a link to the new URL...

Comment

Originally posted by Alyse View Post
                      A bump for timeliness, with a link to the new URL...
                      I had to log in with my existing account to see that. What was the user and password that lets you see it if you dont have one yet?

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...twiki-password

Mistress Tine
                        Royal Chronicler of the Court
                        Squire to Sir Edstave
                        Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
                        Duelist Society Pledge

Comment

Originally posted by Aptaliesin View Post

I had to log in with my existing account to see that. What was the user and password that lets you see it if you dont have one yet?
                          TWikiGuest//guest
                          StoryHost Kurzon
                          Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information