Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game Feature: @fighteasy

Hey all,

Today I've implemented a new command for the Duel 2.0 combat system; @fighteasy

The @fighteasy syntax is a command designed to allow a higher skilled martial character to lower their dueling rolls by a specified amount in situations where the character does not wish to fight at full strength IC. Using this command does not actually lower your skills, thus @teach lessons, MCombat and other scripts will not be affected (ie: broken) by using this command and your skills will show at their actual true levels when using @skills, however Duel 2.0 will act as though your dueling skills are lower than they are regardless of what @skills is telling you.

You must specify a number to lower skills by when using this command and this number is consistent across the board; you cannot pick and choose different skills to be lowered by different amounts. The amount entered must be between 0 and -3, where -1 represents holding back a bit and -3 represents barely trying at all. You must be engaged in a duel with @fight to use this command, and you must set it again each time you start a new fight.

Example Syntax: @fighteasy '-2

^-- This will make your character fight as though all of their dueling skill levels were 2 levels lower than they are. This can be quite significant, think; @fighteasy -3 would lower a character with Master level dueling skills down to Journeyman level in the Duel 2.0 hit formula.

Have fun!
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

YOU MEAN I NO LONGER HAVE TO DELIBERATELY MESS UP MY TIMING? AWESOME!!! Dolph and others non top-tier-for-PCs characters Umi routinely - and accidentally - beat up during spars will enjoy that.
    Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs View Post
      Dolph and others non top-tier-for-PCs characters Umi routinely - and accidentally - beat up during spars
      Ouch! This will give a new element to the roleplay, where Dolph acts smug and Umichan eventually reveals she let him win, only for him to walk out with wounded pride! (It's no accident she beats him, he really is that unskilled)

Seriously though, this is an awesome change. I can see the great implications to this. Lazy swordsman taunting his opponent, while still beating him (THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!) or even roleplaying a sickness/wound handicap making you slower.

I really hope people utilize this!
      Royal Chief of Medicine
      Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
      Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

"I am not left-handed."
        "Stop lying, you flat-chested twat. That has always been your dominant hand."
        "I was just making sure you were paying attention."
        Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Yay, I've been begging for this for ages!
          [OOC Page] from Juliee: "I dreamed about Aratan last night. It was the most dull dream ever"

Comment

I'd suggest making it obvious to the audience when someone implements this command so that when that Sir Loses-All-The-Time-When-They-Really-Shouldn't claims they were going easy on Someone-That-Shouldn't-Win, everyone can wink and be like, "Sure you were."
            Tyr Gunn
            Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Great minds think alike; it does that, in fact.

The emits are:

(-1): $actor seems not to be fighting at his/her fullest.
              (-2): $actor seems to be holding back considerably.
              (-3): $actor seems to be barely putting any effort into this fight.

Cheers,

StoryHost Kurzon
              Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

It's almost like you're good at this stuff, Kurzon! Kudos. This is a great addition.
                Tyr Gunn
                Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Working...
                X