Announcement

Collapse

ZEALOTRY Users: Critical Notice on Continued Use

Edit: Our new HTML5 client (Orchil) is now open for beta testing in The Eternal City and Grendel's Revenge. Feel free to try give it a whirl at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

Edit: We have made great strides toward a new HTML5 client, which should offer a replacement to Zealotry. We're hoping to release that in the very near future, but in the meantime, using Pale Moon remains the best method for ensuring there is zero interruption to your game playing during the transition.

As of November 14, Mozilla will be auto-updating all copies of Mozilla Firefox to Mozilla 57, a new edition of their browser that will disable all legacy add-ons. This will probably include the majority of the plug-ins that you use on Mozilla, including the Skotos Zealotry plug-in.

This is a big problem for us because Zealotry is the most stable of our clients at this time, and the one that we believe is in the widest use. There's unfortunately no easy way to update it, because we'd have to rewrite it from practically scratch, using their new programming system.

There are tricks that you could use to to prevent Mozilla updates, but we don't particularly suggest them, as you want to have a clean, secure browser. Fortunately, there are two alternative browsers that will support Zealotry. Each of them branched off of an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox, and each of them continues to be updated for important security issues.

Pale Moon Browser

The Pale Moon browser is our suggested replacement. It is a totally separate browser that branched off of Firefox some years ago. It will continue to support the classic plug-ins.

To install it:
  • Install Pale Moon (Windows & UNIX only)
  • Install the Zealotry XPI on Pale Moon
  • Restart the Pale Moon Browser
  • Play on Pale Moon

The official version of Pale Moon only supports Windows and UNIX, but you can also get a slightly less official version of Pale Moon for the Mac. We've tested it out and it looks like it's clean and works correctly, but use your own level of caution in working with the Mac variant.

If You Have Errors

Some users are experiencing "Content Encoding Errors" when using Pale Moon and Zealotry. As best we can tell, this is due to an incompatibility between Windows 8.1, Pale Moon, and Plugins. If you have this problem (or any other), we suggest instead using Mozilla's extended-release version of Firefox, which branched at Firefox 52. It's expected to remain supported until at least June 28, 2018, by which time Mozilla is planning to jump their ESR to a post-plugin phase. This is therefore a short-term solution, but we expect to have full release of our New HTML5 client well before that.

To install it:
The Big Picture

Our larger-scale goal is to introduce a new client that will be usable on any browser and make our games generally more accessible. We've had a HTML5 client in process since last year, but are currently hitting roadblocks that make a deployment before November 14 problematic. We've also just started a second project, which would be more specifically focused as a Zealotry replacement, without worries about new bells or new whistles. Both of these possibilities are being done out-of-house, by Skotos players, but they're receiving our highest level of attention for whatever support they need, as this is all our top priority.

So, consider this a short-term fix, but in the meantime if you use Zealotry, please download one of the alternative browsers and test them out ASAP.
See more
See less

A few oldbie concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few oldbie concerns

Now, while there are always complaints, the first thing I want to say that is I have LOVED coming back to CM, as I always do. I also know what it is like to be on the "other side of expectations," and I can well imagine all the balls in the air that the staff are juggling. So take what I say for its constructive purposes. We want to see CM succeed. We know this game for a decade-plus, and we know what's possible, and what takes a hell of a lot of time to do.

I have had a few chats with other returning oldbies that boiled down to the following:
    1. I wish the SPs would answer my @assist's.
    2. I wish the plots weren't so steamroll-y and beyond our capacity to do anything (e.g., Fighting shadows and clockworks where you get as good as you give are okay. Impervious villains who can cause permadeath? Or requiring alchemical or enchanted substances out of our league or we can only get from SP fiat? Not so much.)
    3. I wish that VP XYZ could be cast. So many plots are held up because XYZ isn't online.
    4. I used to be a [staffer/VP] and would love to help out again, but see #1 above, as well as #3.
    5. I wish there were alternate plots going on. It's nice that there's this big dangerous plot going on, but my character isn't built for that kind of stuff. Plus, if you aren't part of Big Plot 123, the Castle is sorta dead.
    6. I wish that plots that were supposed to start at 3 late bells didn't start at 10 late bells. (Not everyone can loiter for the whole day as we used to.)
    7. I have a ton of StoryPoints, and want to use them, but no one ever got back to me about spending them. (See #1 again.)
    For all of that, again, I have to emphasize that we're all having fun in CM — mostly — with a few exceptions that come up with personal issues with a plot or an ICly decision here or there. We all want CM to succeed. But a few people have confided in me that they're planning to bail if they feel these concerns aren't addressed.

My suggestions:
    • SP "office hours" -- make sure we know we can actually get "teleported up" to the office now-and-then for a live chat. Some folks have been asked to send emails, but the emails haven't gotten replies. Email seems to be /dev/null.
    • Try to check in with folks who used to be staff if they want to take up the mantle again. Of course, you might want to see if they're looking to stick around more than a month. But at least see if they'd want to run a plot or two for now.
    • Maybe hold a "Town Hall" meeting like we had in the past. A way for everyone to ask questions about the community. If not a real-time event, maybe have a "town hall" thread here on the forums.
    • Try to meet with guilds or guild leaders about plots for their teams. Try to get people invested in the story on their own terms.
    Again, I mean all my points with the utmost respect, even though some of my specific private feedback may be strewn with -- ahem -- more colorful language. I believe we all want CM to be one of the most vibrant games on the Internet. It is my hope that this posts generates a lively discussion. But if you have a complaint, people, I ask that you also offer a suggestion on what you'd see instead or in addition.

Onwards to adventure!

Pete (who plays Gareth and Pete)
    ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
    ~ For Honour! For Glory!
    ~ Onwards to Adventure!

It was previously mentioned that some Skotos-related email seems to be getting blackholed by spamfilters, and I don't think that's been resolved yet, so that may be part of the issue.
    [OOC Page] from Juliee: "I dreamed about Aratan last night. It was the most dull dream ever"

Comment

An alternative email address was provided.

Comment

Piggyback on point #1:

Sometimes a simple "No" is better than no answer at all. It's better to get "We read your assist, and aren't doing anything with it at this time" than to be left wondering if it was ever even read at all.

ANY response is better than no response. At least then you're not left in constant state of suspense and wondering.

Comment

Thanks to Gareth's player for writing this up - it definitely reflects much of my own thinking, and I know others, as well.

I like the idea of SP "office hours". Maybe we need more staff?

Comment

I have additional thoughts and opinions about returning to the game after such a long hiatus, but I want to make sure that I don't hijack Pete's post. So I will stick with what he's begun, as there is plenty here to consider.

I'd also like to reiterate what Pete said about the level of work that goes into what is already being done in the Castle right now. All of us who, at one time, have either coded, plotted, VP'd, NPC'd, or whatever, can absolutely recognize the insane amount of thought, planning, time, and effort that has gone into the game in our absence as well as what continues to brew in the walls each day. As to your (all current staffers) level of dedication to the game and its players, I have nothing but appreciation for your time and efforts.

My experiences so far in game have been varied, not all of which coincide with what Pete originally described as some of the more common concerns. That being said, the following item he mentioned very much resonates with me in *any* character I might play, past or present:

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
            • I wish the plots weren't so steamroll-y and beyond our capacity to do anything (e.g., Fighting shadows and clockworks where you get as good as you give are okay. Impervious villains who can cause permadeath? Or requiring alchemical or enchanted substances out of our league or we can only get from SP fiat? Not so much.)
            The thing is, we all know that different players enjoy different types of role play storytelling. So, while one player might be entirely content to be responsively engaged in NPC-driven storytelling, conflict creation, and resolution, others may want to be given only the first few threads of a tale or conflict and then to be allowed to "triumph or die" on their own steam. Anyone who has been a plotter knows that both of those types of story-telling have their major pitfalls, too, so there is no "ideal" way to plot for all players, all the time.

Personally, I'm a fan of plots which fall somewhere in the middle. I've always thought of VPs and NPCs as tools which exist to aid and abet PCs, and so if/when I see that plots are more based on the creation (conflict and solution) and involvement of staff-run characters, I become a bit disillusioned with how important any of the PCs are to the game begin with.

(And I do understand that it is soooo much harder to get the "right" solution [or sometimes..any solution...] for a plotline from PCs than it is to get from collaborative NPCs or VPs. And if you are on any sort of timeline for a plot, waiting for the PCs to "figure it out" or communicate effectively can be difficult.)

As a side note, I am not suggesting that I have a full grasp on any part of the major plot arcs that are currently happening in the castle. Whether you are a plotter, a host, a guide, or a player, or all three, from any single person's point of view, the entire experience is 180 degrees different from the next, so take my notes with a grain of salt, if you please.

Additional notes about Pete's original post:

• SP "office hours" -- make sure we know we can actually get "teleported up" to the office now-and-then for a live chat. ...
            • Try to meet with guilds or guild leaders about plots for their teams. Try to get people invested in the story on their own terms.
            I like both of these ideas. Of course I do: they don't require ME to create any additional time within the 24 hour day! YAY! Maybe Launfal's hours can be rotated? Like, one week, Launfal's hours are IC, like normal, and then the next week it's open SP hours? Just a thought.

Actually, back in the day, plotters were specifically tasked with 3-4 guilds to oversee. This may no longer be feasible - I do get that, but it is something potentially to think about (or heck, maybe things are still done this way!) The groups and guilds would then have a communication touch-stone to work with for plotting/coding purposes. We all handled other things as well, but that was one of the way to assist PCs in plotting rather than creating it all "behind the curtain."

As a side note, I've been a part of several of the Town Hall meetings in the distant past, and I have hated them, from both sides of the aisle - staffer and player. Too many things happening all at once, they take forever, and unless a ridiculous amount of patience and management takes place, they can turn into full-on-rant sessions. In my experiences IRL and IG, people in small groups communicate more effectively and productively.

Finally, I do want to make sure that I say clearly that I am 100% aware and accepting of the fact that I am a returning player to a game that has long-survived without my input and one that is not the same as it was when it was in its infancy. Heck, I could log back in some day and find futuristic cyborgs roaming the castle walls and all characters naked, tattooed from head to toe, and only emoting with violent interpretive dance. I get that. I'm also entirely okay with it, because if that is where the game goes in terms of storyline and roleplay wishes of the ACTIVE player base, and if the game is thriving in that environment, more power to the game and the people who enjoy those types of stories!

That is the goal for us all, is it not? The same goal, no matter who you are or in what capacity you might play CM: to have a thriving environment to play in with an active, collaborative player base. Ultimately, it's just about figuring out how to do that with the existing resources. Simple, right?

Comment

Hi Pete,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I'll reply to them in point form.

1. I wish the SPs would answer my @assist's.
              It's fair to say that a number of assists go unanswered, and I will redouble my efforts to make sure assists get answered in a more timely fashion (or at all in some cases).

Sometimes when someone files an assist, Staff may be otherwise occupied with other matters, or may just need a breather at the moment. Other times there's simply no Staff online at the time. I know one player a couple days ago filed an assist at 2:30am Castle time and was vocally upset in the backchannel because Staff didn't immediately get back to her that night. It happens. We can't, unfortunately, promise 24/7 immediate support or answers to assists filed, especially in the early morning hours on a weekday.

Beyond that, the reality of the matter is that a lot of assists have been filed of late, especially with the plot happenings. How many is "a lot"? Over 100 in the last 6 days since the sickness portion of the current plot started. And that's great! The game is super active right now, even with things 'quiet' during the US Thanksgiving week this week, we've seen who lists of 30+ almost every single day and for the last 2 months and sometimes pushing 40 or 50 - those are numbers I haven't seen in over a decade, so it's worth the work. But it's a lot to keep up with; I'm personally sitting around the '14 hours a day 7 days a week' zone right now in as far as the amount of time I spend in Marrach, and it's been that way for the last 3 months. And I'm fine doing that, I enjoy working on the game and am fortunate enough to have a real life job called 'supervisor' (hah!) which grants me the freedom to sit on CM while I'm at work all day, so its worked out just fine for me.

In any case, you're not here to hear excuses, so I'll leave it as: Yes, there are assists that go missed. More than I would like. We're doing our best to keep up with the volume and it's been noted we're not doing enough, so I will put more effort into that.

2. I wish the plots weren't so steamroll-y and beyond our capacity to do anything (e.g., Fighting shadows and clockworks where you get as good as you give are okay. Impervious villains who can cause permadeath? Or requiring alchemical or enchanted substances out of our league or we can only get from SP fiat? Not so much.)
              Well, let's review for a moment.

1. Lahderic (the masked man plot) was entirely based around PC choices and dialogue. No martial skills were required, and the outcome was entirely determined by PCs.

2. Maeve's monster manual. Again, no martial skills required, the plot was a handful of small scenarios in which players found ways to lure and capture the monsters. Even the Night Stalker was 'beaten' without use of a sword, contrary to expectations.

3. The attack on the Alchemy lab. The players saved Orson and stopped the Triangle from getting all of his ingredients. This wasn't the guaranteed conclusion to that scene, though admitted I went a little soft with the monsters (I didn't expect the players to bring down the golem that quick, but things happen and you adjust).

4. Moving Orson. The players again stopped the Triangle by moving Orson and his ingredients to the Vault. They also saved Alrik by shooting him (which I didn't expect) as opposed to trading Orson's ingredients for his life. This entire scene was not scripted/planned into the original plot, it's something players decided to do, and doing so prevented a different outcome that would have happened.

5. The hydra marrow soup. Again entirely unscripted; PCs found a way to create a suppressant for the alchemical sickness and that was entirely the result of proactive PC efforts to do something other than wait around for the Plotter solution to fall into their lap.

6. The cave bloom. Players went down and obtained it. Admitted this is part of the Plotter solution that was written into the plot, but nonetheless it was still a scene in which the Players took a step towards countering the Triangle. It was also a scene in which a lot of non-martial characters got to go into a dangerous area and contribute and do something to help.

7. The infirmary. On multiple occasions the players have held off harassment of the sick patients therein, and have now relocated all the patients to an area more defensible, which has changed the playing field and how the 'bad guys' will have to react to them.

8. Some players have made theories on why everyone was poisoned to begin with and what the bigger picture is behind the Triangle's plans. It may or may not lead to something.

9. Some players have also started looking prematurely into ways to fighting the Black Knight, we'll see if they find a way before BK becomes a more prevalent threat.

Of course I am always open to more suggestions in so far as ways to make the game more open for players to influence Plotter run main events. However I feel it prudent to point out the extent to which PC action has mattered and made a difference already thus far. Certainly the "cure" to the current sickness requires a VP to create it, but the ingredients are all being collected by the PCs, the VPs are here for support. So perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean when you say you "wish PCs had the capacity to do something" or that you feel the plot "steamrolls". From what I have observed there's lots of something for PCs to do, and they've been doing it, and its been making a difference.

There are a handful of challenges to overcome in this plot. Some requiring fighters, some requiring healers, some requiring crafters, some requiring magicians, and some just requiring people to think and find a way to resolve a problem which requires none of those skills.

Some of these challenges are as simple to overcome as "smash X with a sword". The weaker MCombat monsters such as the wooden soldiers and shadows. Four new shadow villains with some minor powers were released yesterday and the day before; these are villains with PC-level skills and a trick or two to help them avoid dying the first time they show their faces, designed specifically to act as antagonists that are manageable within current Player-Character skill levels. The Black Knight is a step above them but even she can be brought down by PCs as it stands.

The Triangle themselves are another matter. When encountering them, you may be struck with a feeling of, "Crap how do I even start fighting something like that?" If so - great! That's the appropriate response to encountering what are intended to be amongst the most powerful antagonists in the game's history. That's simply part of the story, the urgency of the conflict and the severity of the opponent our protagonists are forced to overcome. There are ways to handle and counter them, so far the player characters have done a pretty good job of doing that using the means at their disposal. Running at them sword in hand simply isn't one of those means at this time. Not every antagonist is meant to immediately fall at the hands of the first heroes who jump on them, if that qualifies as "steamrolley", then yep, roll up your sleeves and prepare for a steamin'.

As an aside, we're well less than even halfway through this major plot so far. There's a lot of story and a good deal more challenges that will come yet before this tale is over, some of these challenges will be as simple as "smash X with a sword", but most of them won't. All of them however will require action from PCs to affect the outcome.

So my response to this point would be: What would make it feel 'less steamrolley' to you, or make you feel like you could make a bigger difference? Also, what have you tried to do that you felt didn't make any difference and should have?

3. I wish that VP XYZ could be cast. So many plots are held up because XYZ isn't online.
              There shouldn't be, at least to my knowledge, any plots being held up right now because of a VP being absent. If so, let me know which plot and VP.

We've been casting a few VPs lately. Hieronyma and Launfal are two recent castings, Boreas was just recast though hasn't been out yet, we have a couple more VPs yet to be added for this current plot (Saria and Marren) though their players were busy over Thanksgiving so we won't see them until at least Monday. Who else is desired to be cast presently, and why (ie: do they serve a particular role or purpose or do you just like the character)?

4. I used to be a [staffer/VP] and would love to help out again, but see #1 above, as well as #3.
              You can send in an application if you like. The instructions are here (the SB application is used regardless of the position you're applying for). I haven't received any in the last few months unless they've been eaten by the current Skotos email problem (see below).
              StoryHost Kurzon
              Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

5. I wish there were alternate plots going on. It's nice that there's this big dangerous plot going on, but my character isn't built for that kind of stuff. Plus, if you aren't part of Big Plot 123, the Castle is sorta dead.
                Well, given the size of the current plot and the resources being put into it, asking for multiple other plots to be occurring simultaneous is, in truth, a big ask. That aside, it seems a bit... perhaps 'out of place', to run a plot about dusting the table while the barn is burning down around you, so to speak. There's no real justifiable IC reason right now for anyone to care about Bartox the Goblin's lost shovel when the Triangle are invading.

That in mind, I'll mostly refer this point to my earlier comments: we've run several plots over the last few months, different cups of tea for different customers. This plot in particular will be the biggest and longest by far, certainly there is a degree of martial element throughout, but it is a plot that has a number of different elements and themes and chances for characters of different backgrounds, skills and ideologies to shine (even "bad guy" PCs who want to help the Triangle have popped up here and there looking for a role in the story).

That said, I can agree with the sentiment of "I don't want to hang out in the infirmary where can I find RP?"

That isn't common but it's been the case for the past few days, a combination of, well, everyone deciding to hang there, and numbers being a bit lower this week than previous weeks due to US Thanksgiving. Now that the sick have been moved to the IB infirmary and US Thanksgiving is over, these things might combat that a bit (since OBers will be forced to RP elsewhere). Personally I hate "ailment plots", there's nothing I'm less interested in than RPing my character stuck in the infirmary! But some people like those and everyone should get a chance to do what they enjoy during this plot.

6. I wish that plots that were supposed to start at 3 late bells didn't start at 10 late bells. (Not everyone can loiter for the whole day as we used to.)
                Fair enough. Admittedly this happened one time only, but it did happen and I apologize for it.

A ballpark rough time of "sometime in the afternoon" was loosely given as when people would gather to go on this trip to grab the Cave Bloom flower, and it took awhile to get the numbers we wanted and so it got delayed until that evening when more people were on instead. It went this way because it wasn't treated as a Plot specific scene but as a "PCs can go do this whenever" kind of thing (the harvestable resources that are in the UB have been there for awhile and players can go there of their own accord at any time, it just may not have been realized).

In any case it was our error, we'll be more specific and try to keep to a specific deadline in the future.

7. I have a ton of StoryPoints, and want to use them, but no one ever got back to me about spending them. (See #1 again)
                We only have a few StoryPoint requests in the queue right now so I'm not sure who all is saying the above. However, since we're on the topic of StoryPoints, I'm going to ask a couple things of players when filing a StoryPoint request:

1. A lot of requests we get are things like "how much does X cost". We have a price list in public twiki, please check there first before asking us to figure it out for you. A lot of the time the answer to your question can be found by taking 5 minutes and going to Public TWiki instead of asking Staff to do so for you. Other times understandably it may be more vague (ie: you're not sure which category a request falls under because its in a grey area) and it's fine to assist and ask, but please make some effort to do that legwork on your own before asking someone else to do it for you.

2. Also please don't file with "I have storypoints and want something awesome but don't know what". File when you know what. It's okay to file and want a little bit of guidance, "I want a sword with roughly X powers is this possible?", but not so much, "I want a magic item I have 2000stps what can I get?" You can get a lot of things! I can code pretty much anything within reason so long as you can justify your character obtaining it and have the StoryPoints to kill, so use your imagination.

SP "office hours" -- make sure we know we can actually get "teleported up" to the office now-and-then for a live chat. Some folks have been asked to send emails, but the emails haven't gotten replies. Email seems to be /dev/null.
                I can't say with any confidence that I have the time for that right now. However email does still work. Use the email currently in my signature - the skotos.net email domain remains problematic due to this issue and continues to eat my emails despite efforts Shannon has been making to remedy it.

Try to meet with guilds or guild leaders about plots for their teams. Try to get people invested in the story on their own terms.
                I actually think I can get on board with this idea. Rotating every few weeks a mini plot focused on a particular guild. Admittedly, not right now with everything going on in-game (again, does anybody care that Cyril is getting the Battlers to help him woo Miriela when the Triangle are burning the keep down?) but perhaps once the dust settles.

Thanks again for your input!
                StoryHost Kurzon
                Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

I personally have loved seeing the changes since you became SH, Kurzon. Here's my few cents:

1. A lot lot of things seem to get started really late. Like 9-11 pm late. I know we have a myriad number of time zones but that's way too late for things to be starting. For me anyways.

2. Mailing lists are still broken.

3. Steamroller plots...I can see where Pete is coming from. There always seems to be some deus ex machina that someone VP has to have or the bad guys get. Ex. Phoenix essence. Soon as we heard about it people were pressing at the Rememberers. Yet they, such as they are, had nothing. But then suddenly the Triangle stole their Phoenix stuff. It felt like no matter what we tried, we were pre-ordained to fail. Maybe between major plots you can start seeding these deus ex machina items around the keep so we're suddenly not reliant on items 'we've always had' but that are a big surprise to us players.

That being said.... these are really the extent of my complaints. Overall I really am enjoying marrach a lot more than I was a year or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PageAnna View Post
                    IEx. Phoenix essence. Soon as we heard about it people were pressing at the Rememberers. Yet they, such as they are, had nothing. But then suddenly the Triangle stole their Phoenix stuff.
                    This is inaccurate, as it was found out ICly, that certain characters -knew- they had Phoenix essence, but weren't able to get to it. Also since they thought it was "hidden well enough" they opted not to mention it. It wasn't created to be found for the Plot, it had been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Atmos View Post

This is inaccurate, as it was found out ICly, that certain characters -knew- they had Phoenix essence, but weren't able to get to it. Also since they thought it was "hidden well enough" they opted not to mention it. It wasn't created to be found for the Plot, it had been there.
                      i am very glad to hear my understanding of the situation was wrong. I had heard otherwise! However, I won't say that it often feels like the answer is never in our grasp unless staff creates a map to it. I just now don't have an example to back up the feeling.

Still! Overall I'm glad I was wrong about the Phoenix.

Comment

Originally posted by PageAnna View Post
                        Maybe between major plots you can start seeding these deus ex machina items around the keep so we're suddenly not reliant on items 'we've always had' but that are a big surprise to us players.
                        I think this is something that needs to happen a little more. I haven't been online as much, so maybe I've just been missing it, but the last couple of plots I was involved with I got swept up in without warning or context. While it may be false that they're not as steamroll-y as some people make them out to be, I was starting to get the impression there was nothing I could meaningfully contribute and just had to be in the right place at the right time.

This is not to say all the work that's been going into these plots and the game as a whole hasn't been amazing! I'm just starting to feel like a bystander.
                        StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
                        StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
                        StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"

Comment

I do agree with the fact that this plot has given everyone their moment to shine. With a character not really being involved in any guilds other than being an awakener, I have been able to find ways of contributing, even if my ideas were off the wall crazy. I sleep during the day, and so when I come on, and I'm like.... I missed what???... But, you know, working overnights it gives me a chance to 'reflect' and make sure nobody dies.

I loved the fact that we were able to get together and go grab a few cave flowers...The fact that nobody wanted to make it a contest kinda bummed me out, but hey...it was a successful mission and I am happy that others were able to contribute as well, even with it being as late as it was. Some of us leveled up our horticulture which was a bonus! This was awesome and fun and I really enjoyed it.

I also want to complain -a little- about the cure. I said -a little- because of the fact that I really enjoy my time being around people I normally wouldn't chill with. I have gotten to know them more and they have gotten to know me. Aside from this, people are getting antsy and a wee impatient.

Some things that I would really like to see is more people shining, whether it's guilds...or individuals. A war is never won by a single person. Honestly, I would LOVE to see more strengths being found amongst newly awakened and veterans, alike. We are all more than just...who we are. Once we reach the point where we know our characters completely, if you don't keep testing and pushing your character, interests will be lost. I like the fact that our community is growing...aside from the newlies that join just to punch people in the face and run around naked refusing clothes.

~ Awakener ~

Comment

Although I have limited time to play- between bedtime being an early one and unfortunately some health issues with basically put me to bed, I am glad to see that the healers - all of the healers have a chance to get involved and pull resources with other factions and NPCs to come up with ways to help the plot along and get remedies made. I do understand that if you are not directly involved in the plot or not part of a guild that is involved - it can be somewhat isolating. Honestly coming up with a plot that will involve everyone in the keep - I mean everyone is a difficult venture and to have it at a specific time that would appease everyone is very difficult. Could there be a way - maybe a plot sticky in the forums that keeps everyone up to date on the plot- perhaps through the chroniclers and or just an ooc one so that people can have an idea of what they can do to contribute especially when you are in a guild that is not involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Atmos View Post

THIS IS INACCURATE.

1. It was locked in a secret room.

2. The LOCK to that secret door was changed. NO player had a key to it.

3. The NPC baddie, with know knowledge of the secret door mechanism, totally got in anyway.

4. The players only got into the room because somehow the room "became" unlocked once when we were outside. Like, someone toggled it OOCly. No player in the scene unlocked it. When we got locked in *inside* the room, again, the door mysteriously unlocked and we got out. Otherwise, to this day, G and another character would STILL be stuck back in that secret room. Because no one else ICly knew how to trigger it aside from an NPC that hasn't yet to log in since I've been back.

Also, backing up, Gareth TOLD the person who wanted the essence that we'd give it over, if we had a key for it. BUT WE DIDN'T.

Gareth was ALSO told that the Phoenix ashes weren't even there, but were taken by said never-logging-in NPC back to her room. So they were supposed to be totally inaccessible.

OOCly, I was FURIOUS that the room was able to just be a) automagically known to exist (okay, whatever, powerful magical people that can know everything; whatever...), and b) automagically was able to be gotten into ("How the f--?"). It was explained they "slipped through the shadows."

Again, ICly, to this day, the Rememberers have NO KEY to that room. We were given hidden OOCly "help" to get the door unlocked. Which, in its own way, pissed me off even more.

Kurzon, this was the issue I was going to email you privately about, but seriously -- this was what I meant by "steamroll-y." I was FURIOUS that night. I nearly rage-quit.

How did ANYONE get into that secret room? No one but G, and the not-logging-in-to-check-any-scrolls Evayne Harper (and a few other also not-logging-in PCs) knew that room even existed. And only Evayne had a key.

Sorry to boil over, but ICly Gareth caught a lot of shit about this -- as did Vaden -- and OOCly I was furious as anything this happened.

Steamroll-y.

~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                              ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                              ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

Working...
                              X