Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Like for CM This Year: 2018 Edition

Hello all,

At the start of every new year I make one of these posts. This is the 2018 version of the "what would you like to see this year" thread for Castle Marrach. This is a place to post your ideas, suggestions, and wish lists for CM. This is a real resource that staff uses to help draw up its plans for the year so please keep it to realistic / plausible suggestions and be specific where possible / applicable (ie: "more players!" is always great but that's not really a suggestion for something we can just 'do').

Ideas can be coding additions, plot types, IC bureaucratic changes, OOC policy amendments, or anything else we can actually feasibly do.

Fire away!
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

1. Teaching Skillset Overhaul; teaching locked to a skillset or sets (ie Northern teaching, or Language-teaching). That way teachers don't magically become able to teach in everything, and maybe you don't have to avoid/prioritize Northern.
    2. Reward for RP teaching; whether it's skill bumping in teaching or something, I would love it.
    3. Overhaul of Embinding; excluding tattooing I think this is the least overhauled of the crafts.
    4. A Royal Court, soon.
    5. Overhaul of OB/IB rooms & creation of an HG suite. Because everyone picks the red room.
    6. More men garments and more outdoor wear. Maybe update scarves and mittens.
    7. PB back we miss him!

Comment

Oh and fixing the mailing lists.

Comment

A Knight's challenge, and at least two Winter Courts. I would like to see more Faith-based plots too, but I think on the plot end you guys do a great job of keeping the game interesting, so I'll be happy with whatever comes.
        Acolyte of the Faith
        Courtier
        Embinders Hobbyist
        Junior Equerry to her Ladyship Sinvy
        Lead Apprentice Stylist - Inner Bailey
        Mistress of Entertainments
        Patron of the Duelists
        Royal Artist
        Ranger Recruit

Comment

Spells!

moar magic
          StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
          StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
          StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"

Comment

1. A parser I don't curse every four minutes because it won't accept simple commands.

2. Men's hairstyles, especially longer ones. Not a lot of decent options there.

3. Change lessons to one per twenty four hour period, instead of the vague timer. One lesson between midnight and midnight.

4. Update the maps, pleeeeeeez.

Honored Guest
            Royal Purse Bearer
            Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
            Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny

Comment

We are going to be conducting an IC test to see how long sculptures last. OOCly we understand why all of the larger sculptures last two days. ICly, it doesn't make much sense that they all melt at the same rate regardless of their location.

If you could change the sculpture's examine to 300 (or maybe 400) characters instead of 200, we would be able to add more detail to the sculptures.

I agree with an overhaul on the rooms. If I had known that the red room had a fireplace before I chose the color of my room, I would have chosen the red room!

I would love to see plots/events that are for everyone.

I would love to see more plots/events. The last time she really felt useful was during the burning sickness. Ever since then, I've just been trying to keep her busy.

Whoever put the peephole in the refectory door, THANKS <3
              Taite Morrison
              - Seeker in Natura Balanus
              - Assistant Guild Leader of the Awakeners
              - Unity
              - Junior Page
              - Senior Seamstress
              - Battle Guild
              - Sculptor in the College of the Humanities

Comment

I guess I will put my ideas on here for what they are worth. I would love to see:

A pianoforte, or some type of piano that is time period acceptable, in both the IB and OB. I noticed that 'music' is getting back into place IC.

Also a way to make extra coin other than what is available now. Maybe have various quests for ALL guests to do in the OB to earn a small amount, but limit how many times they can do it? Make it by difficult levels, perhaps? I don't know, just a thought, I know that requires heavy coding and extra NPCs.

I concur with Euphelia's idea of a honored guest room and about the red room, GREAT idea.

Make a way for dancing to be a skill.

And... that's all I can think of for now.
                -Xandie's player

Guild Affiliations:
                -Healers
                -Awakener's
                -Royal Library

Comment

+1 on the guest room updates. The characters are in an unheated stone castle during a never ending winter. How many would not pick a fireplace? If I'd known to, Meo would most definitely have a red room.
                  Honored Guest
                  Royal Purse Bearer
                  Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
                  Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny

Comment

I'm unlikely to be adding anything here, mostly echoing the sentiments of everyone else.

1) Definitely want a Knights challenge. The fact that my character wants to join one has nothing to do with it... honest!
                    2) A visit from Master Ali(this seems like a given).
                    3) A Royal Court or two.
                    4) Absolutely more hair/beard styles for men. After recently going through the process of changing hair styles in game, it is slim pickings out there for men. Especially for men with longer hair.
                    5) I like the idea of OB guest rooms getting an update.
                    Tyr Gunn
                    Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Axe throwing >.>

Comment

The option to @throw a snowball.
                        Taite Morrison
                        - Seeker in Natura Balanus
                        - Assistant Guild Leader of the Awakeners
                        - Unity
                        - Junior Page
                        - Senior Seamstress
                        - Battle Guild
                        - Sculptor in the College of the Humanities

Comment

I'd like to see some incentives for outer bailey characters. People who have decided to make their lives in the outer, and encourage RP out there for the sake of RP. Sometimes the constant politics of the game can be exhausting. There is really no incentive for people who wish to stay as outer bailey characters.

I know quite a few times Juliee has spoken to people about how dangerous the outer use to be, and newer characters are amazed. It would be nice to have more of that feel again.

Second some faith plots and a court.

Comment

New Outer Bailey room features like a closet /w door (extra storage) windows that open (If feasible)
                            More craftable items that characters can make and sell in game. (third courtyard for shops and stalls)
                            Knight's and Squire's challenge and court
                            Secret tunnels players can discover but -not- get in trouble for going in. (Temporary/later filled in- An ancient treasure trove thought to have been lost in an earth quake)
                            More interaction between Outer residence and Royals / Nobles (plots)

Comment

1.) Lingering scents. We pay a lot of coin for these and I think it would be great if these scents lingered. Just about all the other games have this, even lovecraft that place is deader than... well I don't have anything that dead to compare it to.

2.) Approve and decline hairstyles we of the stylists submit. I know there is a lot going on, but the men are severely lacking and it sucks as a stylist to tell them they have to pick one of the 7 styles we offer out of all the 100 we have. (I didn't actually count them, I'm just assuming.)

3.) More VPs, I think if we had more vps in the castle for both Inner and Outer it would encourage rp when it gets lacking. I'd even be one ;p

4.) Leave guest rooms as they are. We're commoners and our rooms are already too fancy. If you want more storage, seek the carpenters. Want heat, get sponsored for a bed warmer. There are ways to get everything they said above me without changing the rooms. This is to encourage people to get some favor or rank, which is part of what the game is built on. Even Vasi has favor and she's a foul mouthed brute.

5.) I think there is just enough activity between the Inner and Outer if not too much. The first time Vasi ever seen the Queen was at the Faith meeting, which I liked that it was such a rare occasion. She's going to remember that forever. If we saw the Royals often then there would be nothing to look forward to.

6.) The healing needs to be fixed up, I'd like to be able to remove a bandage and allow someone better to heal it again starting at wherever my healing ended.

7.) A better way to see eyeshadow. It's one of the things I'm hesitant to order because it feels really odd to keep emoting my eyelids.

8.) I think we should try free form emoting. I know it was tried once I think and people ruined it, but maybe we could try again as a trial. If you agree, I hope people don't eff it up this time.

9.) Perhaps we could add npc teachers that charge stps or coins to learn and they only teach up to like fellowcraft in anything? I say fellowcraft because that's the basic cut off for most people who are just starting out in things. Perhaps we could make it where you have to be on the list to learn and the list owners would be the leaders of that area. So the Battlers, Duelists, and Army could set theirs up for their new members to get the basic information. Just an idea.

10.) Unarmed skill. This could be like an outer bailey thing since we're the ones who don't often have weapons.

I'm sure there is more and I'll come write when I remember them.

Comment

Working...
                              X