No announcement yet.

What Would You Like for CM This Year: 2018 Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a change of shift for the NPCs. The same bartender, courier, page boy, guard, etc, have been on duty for 18 years now. Don't they ever get a break?
    ~ Lady Charmiam ~
    ~ Seeker ~

Comment

Originally posted by Odjit View Post
      The reason this isn't done is because we have about 3000 verbs, and about 20 prepositions. It takes roughly 1 minute to add each preposition. I could be wrong, but if we were to say no verbs had prepositions, you're looking at 41.6 days (every minute of every one of those days) of work just on verbs and that's NOT counting the combinations that would need to be accounted for.

Most verbs have a good chunk of them. I'm honestly amazed with the ones we don't have sometimes. I had, at one point, considered just stuffing them all in a parent social, but that would lead to an enormous amount of problems because of how they work. You can't put them all in and hope they work together. In order to be able to glance at X over my Y, we have to input over and at on two separate 'lines' so to speak, otherwise they interfere with each other and you can't use either. This means most verbs have to be handled individually.

We understand the amazing flexibility it would add. I've been adding prepositions for literal years, as have other Builders and Plotters. We have a command called +tas stats, which keeps track of every assist you've handled/closed out. I am currently reigning Queen at almost 19,000 assists handled. A hefty chunk being our socials queue. Adding verbs, prepositions, adverbs, changes to how prepositions work, etc.

Please let us have a life and don't be terribly mad if we have to shelf this particular request until an easy solution (besides freemoting) is added.

Any chance of getting the word across released? I'm really baffled why that one's not accessible.

Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
      Head Librarian, Outer Bailey Library
      Senior Steward of the Treasury

Comment

Like previously stated, definitely Storypoint reboot if possible.
        I do pay per month because I like to support the community, however, with the conversion rate to CAD $30.00 for 50 stps really doesn't seem worth it. (Minus my wine fund ) I can't afford to put an extra 30$ for points.

I would LOVE to have the Outer infirmary on the first floor rather on the second floor beside the practice room. Move the court room up there and have the infirmary across from the dining hall would be awesome. "Carrying" people that are hurt or ill up flights of stairs really not convenient, it would better strategically to defend it and those will hangovers can just cross the hall

Doctor-Medical Physician
        Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
        Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

Comment

A way to announce open bells and stuff through the castle. It kills me when I plan stuff but some don't know because they haven't read the boards and then the practice or lecture hall rings and takes any chance of me getting attendees.

Comment

A generalized bell <alarm> in the outer - maybe in the main hall or dining hall that someone can use should they not have a healer's whistle or duckcall.
            It can be rung once for the law and twice for the healers and whomever is wearing the appropriate pin can hear the call- like blowing the duckcall or whistle. It can maybe even be rung 3 times for an all out alarm across the castle (for attacks etc).

An Inner Bailey gnome shop?

Doctor-Medical Physician
            Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
            Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedV View Post
              A way to announce open bells and stuff through the castle.
              I've actually been paged on Atmos about coming to events and I gotta tell you, I don't care and neither does he. I think the thing that needs to be taken into account with this is, at what point does this just become spam? I know there aren't 5,000 events happening daily. But I've been in games where every 2 minutes people were "announcing" something across the game and it just becomes obnoxious and borderline invasive.

I think we do need ways of alerting people of things going on, but maybe in ways that players can "opt in" to, or something. Additionally, it should probably be limited to whatever Bailey it's in rather than just across the game because I doubt some town crier or whatever would be used is going to make his way through the caves to let the Conclavers know that an impromptu Hairstylist bell is about to kick off, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Meoris View Post

Any chance of getting the word across released? I'm really baffled why that one's not accessible.
                I've tried for over a decade. I think I did find the problem, but it's in the deep code of the game we can't access. It's basically a typo in the array of prepositions that I can't get to to fix.
                StoryPlotter Odjit
                Odjit's observations are - as they pretty much always are - spot on. - Geist
                [4:36:43 PM] Kurzon: You're horrid
                odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Don't know how hard this would be, but I'd like "all" or "everything" to work. E.g. "put all on bed" would take all items currently being carried (not worn) and drop them on the bed. "Get everything from purse" would remove all items from purse, making it easy to switch handbags.
                  ~ Lady Charmiam ~
                  ~ Seeker ~

Comment

I'm throwing my vote in the pile of adventure areas. They can work like instances in wow, get a 5 man and go looking around for loot, quest items (typical collect 10 zombie hands, get coin) Locked to those people, and whatever else you want to dream up. "Go find a seed in X, see if we can grow the fruit we need to cure X.." There's an endless slew of things to do and ideas to be had for such areas. Army and outer adventurers (battle, duelists), sorcerers and healers can team up and go test their abilities, impress each other or mock each other, or forge friendships in battle. Themed ones based on the bailey, inner outer and under, and not requiring a key and special permissions from someone high ranked to find something to do.

I'm increasingly turned off by tea socials, as atmos said "Nibbling bacon every 5 minutes" for me its dread of twiki. Im getting better at it, but its not improving my disposition toward doing it. I have a high paperwork career. Not too excited to do more when I get home. I avoid it, a great deal.

Speaking of twiki.....

Can we get something for this decade to use and guilds start transferring over their 19 year old data? You never know when that'll come in handy.

I'd be behind a knight's challenge too.

Shortlist:
                    1.) Adventure areas that don't require major plots to see
                    2.) Twiki get reformed or replaced.
                    3.) Challenges.

Comment

I still vote for the Fall of Patriarchy.
                      Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

I can't help but cringe at the idea of 'hunting zones;' to me, Marrach is not this sort of game. If I wanted to have hack and slash zones, there are games by skotos that provide that. TEC. Grendel's. I think even Lovecraft? I do understand where the desire comes from, though, and I don't discount that, but I'd hate to see hack and slash zones exist in the game. There's already such a focus on combat with the MCombat changes (which were very much needed!). I think personally there needs to be more social supports in place rather than more hack and slash.

Adahn: In one paragraph you say you don't want to do paperwork. In the next, you say 'get new twiki and have guilds move over all the info'. It wouldn't be that simple. Most wikis don't allow for private sections (since they're designed to freely disseminate information), and things that we use, like tables and the table editing code etc. doesn't work in other versions of twiki. I wouldn't mind seeing a public and easy to access wiki in place for public information like chain of being etc...but leave guilds on the old wiki.

Comment

I wanted to touch on my abhorrence of combat zones again, in more detail, now that I've examined my knee-jerk ICK NO reaction. I played the Eternal City for years, both before it came to Skotos and after, and I played a non-combatant character. This meant I never got to do anything. My friends would go on hunting trips and I couldn't. I'm worried that if you create combat zones in Marrach, this sort of divide will appear again -- combatants will go 'have all the fun' while non-combatants are left behind.

I know you are all saying you want more than tea-events, and I can understand that. I do not think that creating yet another schism in the playerbase is the way to do that. You'd be creating something for only part of the playerbase, and excluding part too. idk, I think it's a bad idea not necessarily in intention, but in how it will play out in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Euphelia View Post
                            I wanted to touch on my abhorrence of combat zones again, in more detail, now that I've examined my knee-jerk ICK NO reaction. I played the Eternal City for years, both before it came to Skotos and after, and I played a non-combatant character. This meant I never got to do anything. My friends would go on hunting trips and I couldn't. I'm worried that if you create combat zones in Marrach, this sort of divide will appear again -- combatants will go 'have all the fun' while non-combatants are left behind.

I know you are all saying you want more than tea-events, and I can understand that. I do not think that creating yet another schism in the playerbase is the way to do that. You'd be creating something for only part of the playerbase, and excluding part too. idk, I think it's a bad idea not necessarily in intention, but in how it will play out in practice.
                            There already are "combat zones".
                            Tyr Gunn
                            Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr Gunn View Post

There already are "combat zones".
                              This. The original statement wasn't "implement them" because they already exist. They were hoping that there be MORE made or having them accessible to more than one "group" of players. If anything that would lessen the gap between RP. I don't play CM to sit around socilazing...if I wanted to socialize, I wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer. It's great that others want to, but those others should be suggesting new, creative ways to socialize if that's the case.

That being said...the "kick the Conclave players out of the Conclave so we all have a place to fight stuff" part, is the only thing abhorrent about that idea. That's been done, twice, if I'm not mistaken and I'm pretty sure it only resulted in the players of the UB characters losing interest in the game entirely. These are (mostly) people who have taken a major risk with their characters by making decisions to end up down there, and what you're wanting essentially is to nullify that so you can have a playground without having to make an actual risky decision on your character. No thanks.

Comment

Rayna/I have been working on an IB Gnome proposal but I think it got lost in the gmail bouncing all our emails issue a few months back and I haven't been able to get it back out to staff again. So ICly this being worked on, who knows how it'll flesh out oocly but just so everyone knows some of this stuff is attempting to be implemented

Additionally, as someone who played in the horrendous down time when we maxed at like 10 chars on at a time, there's way more people can be doing with events than tea. And to be honest, those tea/breakfast events were fun because we were all forced to RP conversation and fun because we literally spent all of our time with a core group of characters.

My initial reaction to quests is iffy at least from the perspective of a Treasury character. The Treasury and the coin is not supposed to be the forefront of this game. The very premise is that you awaken in a Castle and everything has been provided for you. There's significance in that. Treasury was implemented at least to the layman as a way to promote activity when we weren't having any, and my personal opinion is that it's one of the reasons the separation of Baileys is basically non-existent. So, I have a hard time wanting to give coin to someone who just went out by themselves and killed a bunch of zombies (not to mention what those political implications are) when it didn't do anything to actively promote the social side of the game. I am not against quests overall, just my thoughts on how it involves the Treasury

Comment

Working...
                                X