X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Code Issues

Hey everyone,

So, dieing is bad!

Rather, it's especially bad right now. As some of you may have noticed, there have been some issues with the death code for Castle Marrach lately. Reported issues include:
    • Corpses requiring volition (consent) to approach, take items from, pick up, relocate, etc.
    • Corpses sometimes not spawning at all when someone dies.
    • Characters sometimes not being revived after Lith takes them.
    • Items sometimes not being returned to a deceased character after their revival.
    At this time I'm not sure precisely what caused the death code to crash and burn. It hasn't been edited by anyone on Castle Marrach Staff, but something as of yet un-diagnosed has stopped it from working. This is extremely old, low level code that I'm unfamiliar with and will take some time working on it and trying to fix. I've contacted some coders from outside of CM itself and we're attempting together to find out what went amiss.

The poorly timed malfunctioning of the death code right now is the cause for delay in plot progression. We can hardly proceed with the planned in-game scenes and plotlines with the death code in its current state, especially given the odds that characters could die in upcoming scenes. Until I can get this sorted, scenes regarding the Triangle, the Avalon Glade cleansing and other events related to the current major plot are unfortunately on hold. Hopefully not for too long. This is entirely an OOC delay so please do not hold certain characters responsible ICly for any delays or hold ups as the delays are entirely due to OOC circumstance.

In the meantime, if you find yourself in a situation where death is likely or inevitable, proceed with the scene cautiously. You can die, but a Staff member may need to be online to manually handle things that a Staff member wasn't previously needed for (moving the body, taking things from it, ensuring that you get all your items back when you're revived, etc).

Thank you!
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

The majority of the issues with the death code should now be fixed. Corpses should now always spawn on death, and no longer require consent to interact with. I am still not sure why they suddenly stopped functioning to begin with, but I implemented a fix that seems to have addressed it.

Lately we've had some issues with capacity as well (items that used to fit in containers no longer fitting). While this isn't part of the death code directly, it's possible for this to break part of the death code in situations where it fails to move your inventory between your corpse and your actual character due to capacity transfer issues. This *shouldn't* happen because our corpses have the exact same inventory parameters as our actual character bodies, but if you've managed to find a way to pick up more items than you're supposed to be able to (which is quite uncommon but can happen) it could lead to bugs in the death script as well.

In any case, we seem to be functional again. Onwards to adventure!
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Working...
    X