Writing books for Skywriter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing books for Skywriter

When writing books in-game, is it recommended to write with the intention that it will be read via @readall?

The reason I ask is because that makes the difference between using HTML to do fancy formatting or just keeping it plain. Personally, I love to spruce up the layout of a page with alignment, indentation, bold, italics, etc., but I am aware that simply reading a page in the browser shows all HTML code in all its hideous glory. This makes it especially wonky when you 'look' at a book and see its title like: <center><i>Emerick's guide to<p>not being a dumb idiot</i></center>.

What are the in-game library guidelines? What are people's preferences?
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
    StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"

I am definitely against using HTML in book writing. Not everyone can use skywriter (it's rare, but true) and it can play havoc when trying to copy books, in my experience

Courtier of Her Majesty's Court
    Handmaiden to Her Royal Majesty
    Master Hobbyist in the Stylists

Comment

Having copied every book in the Outer Bailey Library I can say with certainty simple is preferred over @readall/html. It doesn't copy over well into the files and I have to manually edit it all out so that the books can be easy copied in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X