Coloured Text Descriptions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloured Text Descriptions

So, as I'm sure people have noticed, there is now occasional coloured text describing some room aspects, which is neat!

Would it be possible to have the names of characters also coloured in a similar way? It would make it easier to spot someone when entering a room.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
    StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"

That's the improvement I want to see. I've spent time interacting with characters, scanning the text and still can't see them in the room.
    Honored Guest
    Royal Purse Bearer
    Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
    Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
    Elder Teacher of the Battle Guild

Comment

It isn't, unfortunately; we've tried it in the past.

Causing an object to take on a particular text color in a room description also means that object takes on that code in any emit it includes, which breaks the rest of the emit color coding - you may notice when interacting with those colored objects that any text after the object's name in an emit turns white - or whatever your client's "default" text color is. Also in the case of characters in particular, we found that adding the color tags broke the character selection gateway, as it would try (unsuccessfully) to parse the color tag code into the html of the login page.

If there were a way to do it we would, but it seems the code is incompatible.
      StoryHost Kurzon
      Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Working...
      X