Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Problems - Seeking Suggestions

Hey guys.

The last two months or so I've been having a horrible time with lag in the game. I lag so much it makes it hard to even suffer through regular RP let alone sparring or actual combat. I thought it was Chrome at first so I moved to Pale Moon but Pale Moon would actually freeze up on me entirely and I would have to force close it. Last week I went back to Chrome to see if there would be any difference, but the last few days I've been having terrible lag again. I tried to login just now to go to Lilly's crafting bell and couldn't get past the courier in the Great Hall. As soon as Charmiam walked in my screen froze up and I had to close everything down and reopen Chrome to post on the forums. I seem to only really be having issues with the Skotos sites, so I'm wondering what this could potentially be and if there are any suggestions on how I might be able to improve or fix the situation. I'm not a tech savvy person, so please talk to me in normal terms if you reply otherwise it won't help me anyway <.<

TIA! I really appreciate any insight into this problem.

- Josie's P
    Last edited by Josie_Brennan; 12-16-2018, 06:31 PM. Reason: Had trouble getting it to post without timing out and then had to fix a spot
    Acolyte of the Faith
    Courtier
    Embinders Hobbyist
    Junior Equerry to her Ladyship Sinvy
    Lead Apprentice Stylist - Inner Bailey
    Mistress of Entertainments
    Patron of the Duelists
    Royal Artist
    Ranger Recruit
    Squire to Dame Galatea

I'm experiencing issues, too.

I recently had a Firefox update on one computer, which made the Flash client stop working. I had a Flash update on another computer, which made the Flash client quit working.

I'm now forced to use Pale Moon, but I have always experienced issues with it no matter which computer I use. Everything is fine at first, but it will slowly lag and create weird issues system-wide (keyboard delay, crashing, video problems, etc). I suspect the version of Pale Moon I'm running (latest version, 64 bit) suffers from memory leaks.

I may toy around with different versions of Pale Moon and see what happens. As a last resort I may have to use a Mud client

Squire to Dame Eeva
    Equerry to Lady Rayna
    Lead Royal Page
    Senior Steward of the Treasury
    Rangers Recruit
    Embinders Apprentice
    Honored Guest

Comment

I have similar problems of lagging out or my screen freezing completely using Palemoon. I thought it was just something on my end. Good to know I am not alone
      "Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd / Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."

Let us go! Though we know it’s a hopeless endeavor.
      The ties that bind, they are barbed and spined, and hold us close forever.

Comment

Chiming in to add the the chorus & say I also have very bad lag using Pale Moon ("NewMoon" for mac), I had been thinking it was just my terrible internet connection!

This is very sad as I've updated Firefox from version 35 and it won't let me go back and write over the new version any longer. It used to let me revert back.

Can't imagine having a martial character and trying to duel with all your messages going through at once!

~ Keeper of the Royal Vault
        ~ Junior Handmaiden to Her Majesty

Comment

*is the exception that proves the rule*

Nothing wrong my end. Soz!
          "In our age there is no such thing as ‘keeping out of politics.’ All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

"Although many of us consider ourselves forward-thinkers, we still cling tenaciously to the old values of the system."

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Comment

Working...
          X