New Game Feature: The Royal Hunting Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game Feature: The Royal Hunting Grounds

By the will and grace of Her Royal Majesty, the Royal Hunting Grounds of Castle Marrach are now open to the Winter Court.

Dedicated to Prince Bertram, the Prince of the Hunt, and in honour of his improving health, the Royal Hunting Grounds are a place where members of the Winter Court are permitted to wander the woodland and hunt game or pluck the flora of the region. This new region of the game is located beyond the bronze archway in the southwestern corner of the Inner Bailey Garden. The harvesting system's skinning and herbalism skills are both put to use here, and things obtained in the forest can either be used for your own means, or sold to the gnome merchant Finnbar located in the gathering area towards the front of the forest. The
    hunters tokens given by Finnbar in exchange for the plants you harvest or pelts you skin can then be given directly back to Finnbar to purchase unique items such as trinkets, dyes, hunting tools and other items. Over 20 unique items are in Finnbar's shop.

For now, hunting of game is not yet possible, but there are plans in the near future to release the creatures for hunting as well as the necessary skills for doing so. In the meantime there are other things to be found within the Hunting Grounds using existing systems, and more to be added over time. The Royal Hunting Ground is open for 1 week in celebration of its grand opening, so get your
    hunters tokens while you can. Afterward the grounds will be opened regularly as a frequently recurring event, so save your leftover tokens in between Royal Hunts.

Commands and Info

@shop gnome - see a list of goods the gnome merchant in the forest has to sell
    @sell gnome 'list - see a list of woodland resources the gnome merchant will purchase from you for hunting tokens
    @sell <items> to gnome - sell specified items to the gnome in exchange for merchant tokens
    harvest node - harvest a node such as a plant or dead animal

** Please use this thread for OOC Hunting Grounds related questions and commentary. Thank you! **
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

I have nothing intelligent to add except for "yaaaaaaaay!!"

~ Keeper of the Royal Vault
    ~ Handmaiden of Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne

Comment

Made a cruddy looking map...

Best could do for now

--

An aside. Is it possible for 'floor' to be something you can target? I know it's probably a pain in the ass thing but it is everywhere else which makes emoting moving around it easier.

Pretty good tho'
      "In our age there is no such thing as ‘keeping out of politics.’ All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

"Although many of us consider ourselves forward-thinkers, we still cling tenaciously to the old values of the system."

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Comment

Originally posted by Anton View Post
        Made a cruddy looking map...

Best could do for now
        You get points for making your own instead of just copy/pasting the existing map fragments no matter how cruddy.

An aside. Is it possible for 'floor' to be something you can target? I know it's probably a pain in the ass thing but it is everywhere else which makes emoting moving around it easier.
        It was targetable as 'ground'. It is now additionally targetable as 'floor'.
        StoryHost Kurzon
        Castle Marrach Staff

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

DungeonFog did it. Shameless plug for that website.

Cheers! Didn't try ground, would have made sense to... but thank you!!
          "In our age there is no such thing as ‘keeping out of politics.’ All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

"Although many of us consider ourselves forward-thinkers, we still cling tenaciously to the old values of the system."

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Comment

DungeonFog did it. Shameless plug for that website.

Cheers! Didn't try ground, would have made sense to... but thank you!!
            DungeonFog is amazing. I subscribe for the mapping software building that I can use .

-StoryPlotter Yuuta

Comment

So the whistles and arrows don't do anything yet? I got a gold berry and was tempted by them but read this again and now I don't wanna waste the coins.

Comment

Might be being an idiot but when trying but something from gnomie, needed a bag for the tokens to live in.

Held in Annie's hand but wouldn't let him buy it.

There bags for the tokens and I've been a dolt?

Comment

There bags for the tokens and I've been a dolt?
                  Raised an @assist and heard back from SGuide Kuri -

[OOC Page] accepted from StoryGuide Kuri: "The money bags are not yet available."

There an eta on the bag, or would that be next time the grounds are open?

Also curious question. There plans to create 1 bag to rule them all and store all the tokens, coins etc in?

Comment

Updates 2019-03-13
                    • A crate has been added to the forest entry area containing empty coin pouches for forest tokens.
                    • A herb bundling table has been added to the forest entry area, this can be used to bundle 5 handfuls of herbs into a bundle of herbs, which can be sold to the gnome merchant in the same manner the ornamental berries can.
                    ** The Hunting Grounds will remain open for a couple more days to allow the above updates to be partaken of before it closes until the next Royal Hunt is announced. **
                    StoryHost Kurzon
                    Castle Marrach Staff

Comment

Also curious question. There plans to create 1 bag to rule them all and store all the tokens, coins etc in?
                      Unfortunately there's no way to implement this without gutting and recoding a large part of the currency system.
                      StoryHost Kurzon
                      Castle Marrach Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Kurzon View Post

Unfortunately there's no way to implement this without gutting and recoding a large part of the currency system.

Thanks for letting us know. Wasn't sure if it was a 'simple' amendment that bags could hold Treasury, Forest, Fyre Festival tokens or not. Now that's known

Comment

Working...
                        X