• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzon
    started a topic Plot Event, Saturday 18 May

Plot Event, Saturday 18 May

Hi all,

I'm posting an OOC notice here with the information relevant to you as players for tomorrow's event, to clear up any uncertainties and assist with planning.

So as you likely know if you've been around much in-game, the venture to the Heart of the Mountain is planned for tomorrow. If you didn't know, now you do! While I won't be going too much over anything IC that doesn't need to be said here, I do want to touch on the semi-IC/OOC metagame aspects so that everyone is aware of what will be taking place.

TIMING

For starters, this will likely be an all day'ish event. I don't know how long it's going to take players going to the Heart to resolve what we've prepared for them there, but I'm expecting a decent amount of time spent. It will likely be an all day'ish event; enough so that I've taken the day off work in case it spills late into the evening. We're looking to start things in the afternoon probably around 2LB or so with consideration to Euro players who may not be able to be up all night. We've also planned it for a Saturday hoping that it will ease the burdens of those Euros who can stay up later on a Saturday night than a week day, while also making it more accessible to NA players who would normally be at work in the afternoons during the week.

Also, I realize for some this seems a little short notice'ish. Granted, PCs found out about 2 weeks ago that we were going to the Heart on the 18th, the specifics of timing and who was going had not been determined until very late in the game which might've thrown some people. I apologize for that, it's been a scramble and I didn't want to announce anything until we had a clearer idea of where the dart was going to land on the board (as I type this I'm still scrambling to finish what remains to be finished for tomorrow).

EXCLUSION

Some characters were sent packages containing a magic dust that makes it impossible to enter the Heart of the Mountain when doused. There were some complaints about it being a mechanism to block people from participating in the Heart of the Mountain, so I'll address that here: yes, that's 100% what it was.

When this chapter of the plot was first announced, everyone was informed that Staff would be taking steps to ensure that everyone got an opportunity for a piece of the plot pie. To that end, every character who went on the Underforge Quest was deliberately not invited to go on the Future Marrach Dream Quest. The IC reason given was "They just got back from the Underforge let them rest", which was criticized as a 'lame' reason from an in-character standpoint. As such, for the 3rd and final expedition, we provided a more viable IC reason for your character neglecting to go on a quest to save the castle: magic dust that prevents you from doing exactly that. Every character who was sent a package yesterday was someone who went on either the Underforge Quest or the Future Marrach Quest and that wasn't by accident.

Is it impossible to go if you got a package that doused you with magic dust? No. Naturally, Marrach has its own Alchemist and Player Characters have already sent him samples of the magic dust to come up with a counteragent. Come tomorrow it will be available, but it will be limited. How limited? However limited we need to make it in order to ensure that people that haven't gotten to go on an expedition during this chapter get first dibs. Sixteen characters were invited to go tomorrow, I expect at least a third of them won't be able to make it, which means there will likely be a small handful of vacant spots for characters who went on one of the first two expeditions to go a second time.

TWO STORY ARCS

Which carries us on to my next point; yes there will be scenes both for the adventurers and the defenders, just as there were the last two times. We've put some effort into guiding characters towards the story arcs that we've observed them to be more involved in based on our outside perspective as Plotters. For example, there are some characters who seemed more involved in the elements of the plot that will be addressed in the Heart, and so we influenced things where reasonable to ensure those characters went to the Heart. At the same time, we've also put effort into trying to ensure the Castle storyline has enjoyable things to do and stories to tell for those not going to explore new parts of the game world.

And that's it. Hopefully things go as smoothly as possible tomorrow and everyone has an opportunity to tell a story.

Thanks and happy gaming.

• Gabs
    replied
    Originally posted by Kurzon View Post
    Eurovision... wait, isn't that what brought us Epic Sax Guy?
    Yes. Yes it is. Eurovision 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Kurzon
    replied
    Eurovision... wait, isn't that what brought us Epic Sax Guy?

Leave a comment:

• Brook
    replied
    Originally posted by Anton View Post
    Vacant spot here now.

New nephew born into world plus Eurovision. Europe's superbowl.

Enjoy
    Watch Eurovision in another open tab you coward!! (Congrats on the nephew!)

Also would like to reiterate Tristana's gratitude re: consideration for Euro players, I hadn't realised it would be such a full-day treck and should definitely be able to tag along for a bigger chunk of it. I really appreciate all players' times being taken into consideration and think it's cool staff are trying to share around the plot pie too.

Leave a comment:

• Anton
    replied
    Vacant spot here now.

New nephew born into world plus Eurovision. Europe's superbowl.

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Tristana
    replied
    I seriously appreciate the inclusion of the European players and all of us non martial types!

With that note, people please be online on time some of us do work Sundays!

YAY Happy Gaming!!!! *is excited*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X