Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

With trying to keep up with work and everything else going on, how do I make it to where she doesn't drive me INSANE? I, naturally, think a lot. If I don't come up with some crazy scheme, I get bored, which is why I stopped playing for a couple months a year ago. The problem I'm having, now, is I'm trying to do too much. I take a simple idea and I end up blowing it up to where it's an impossible task to achieve by myself. Without totally reinventing Taite, how do I make things less stressful and more fun to play?
    Honored Guest
    Acting Leader of the Awakeners
    Royal Page
    Keeper of Games
    Seeker in the Faith

Currently studying sculpting as a:
    Member of the College of Humanities
    Mummer in The Unity

Maybe you aren't separating Taite from yourself? You say you naturally overthink and then say she's driving you crazy because you have to come up with things to do all the time because that's what your mind makes you do. Is that Taite's personality or yours, because you interchange me, I, and her quite often in your posting? I'm not sure it's about reinventing the character so much as making a conscious choice and mindful effort to mellow out on all the 'extra' you try to have her do. Nobody requires the additional planning in game and you shouldn't put stress on yourself to deliver that, particularly if it's interfering with your real life. I'm not sure there's a great answer about how to make it more fun to play if the only time you have fun is when you're constantly busy or plotting something new, especially if real you finds that exasperating but also does it. It sounds like maybe you have intertwined the two a little too much and it's starting to impact you in an unhealthy way. I don't mean that to sound judgmental at all - it happens to lots of people at various times playing text games, happened to me a lot when I was younger. The simplest answer though? Stop trying to do so much. Like Josie has told her in game numerous times: Simple stuff is okay too, and sometimes better enjoyed.
    Acolyte Natura of the Faith
    Courtier
    Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
    Leader of the Stylists
    Mistress of Entertainments
    Patron of the Duelists
    Royal Artist
    Ranger Recruit
    Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

I understand what you are saying, and I don't take offense to it at all.

I decided to take a break from having her think so much for awhile, and I found myself bored for the first time in, like...forever, it seems. Taite's usually go-go-go, so this is a shock, even for me.

I realized, recently, that with my work schedule, I have like 8 days off of work a month which I do my 'busy work'. The other days, I have not quite mastered the art of multitasking, sadly.
      Honored Guest
      Acting Leader of the Awakeners
      Royal Page
      Keeper of Games
      Seeker in the Faith

Currently studying sculpting as a:
      Member of the College of Humanities
      Mummer in The Unity

Comment

Working...
      X