Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Impromptu Interactions That Require Staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impromptu Interactions That Require Staff

Good evening,

I have seen a few assists over time that are effectively players trying to interact with items, VPs, NPCs, that may be in an area and not possessed. Moe, sleeping Bertram, shadows, emits, etc. We're all for responding to players when they try these things, but in order for you to get responses, we need some heads up. Rather than an assist notifying us you're doing X.

Most of the time Staff is working on things in the background, asleep or simply enjoying their own Player Characters, and it's unfair to you and us to expect an immediate response to a impromptu action. It jars us from our work or play and it keeps you from getting a response, which sucks all around.

In the future, if you wish to interact with these things, please give us some kinds of heads up a few days before. This way, we can try to get something planned and scheduled so your character can get a response other than "X is not responding." or "Y doesn't work". A lot of times, if we have some advanced warning of things your character wants to try we can set something up or guide you in a way that it may work better or just let you know that it won't work at all before you put a lot of time into it.

Thanks.
    StoryPlotter Odjit
    Odjit's observations are - as they pretty much always are - spot on. - Geist
    [4:36:43 PM] Kurzon: You're horrid
    odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Understandable. Thanks for all that you guys do.
    ~Established Guest~
    ~Apprentice Gardener~
    ~Harp Musician~
    ~Lady's Maid to Lady Ezraella~
    ~Lead Apprentice Seamstress~

Comment

Working...
    X