Who vs Hot confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who vs Hot confusion

So I sort of feel like one of the two (if not both) isn't counting right and I'm hoping someone can help me understand what's going on.

First, let me give you an example of a Who and Hot:
    Online[7] (13:47 EST): Brook, Dame Eeva, Kaori, Lady Sinvy, Lord Boreas, Lord Dolph and Tristana.
    Idle[1]: Lucus.
    Away[1]: Anton.

CURRENT HOTSPOTS - Characters are gathered in the following locations:
    5 characters in the Inner Bailey Great Hall.
    4 other active character(s) are also online.
    There are also 1 character(s) dark, and 1 character(s) idle.

So let's look at the Who. It says 7 people are online (one me and 6 others), one idle, one away. To me this sounds like a total of 9 people are online. Next, if we look at the Hot we see that 5 people are in the Great Hall, and 4 are in other places. We also see that there is 1 character dark and one character is idle. So 5+4+1+1 is 11 people are online according to the Hot. Well, first of all, I see that the Hot makes mention of the character that is currently in dark mode while the Who does not. But that only brings the numbers 1 closer and we still have a 1 character discrepancy.

Let's even try to logic it out a bit. Let's pretend that it's Sinvy, Boreas, Dolph, Eeva, and Brook all in the Great hall. That gets us our 5 people in the hot. But who would that leave left to consider? Well, in theory, assuming we are correct about the people at the Hot spot, that leaves Kaori (me), Tristana, Lucus, and Anton. That does seem to match up with that the Hot claims there are 4 other people... but it specifically says Active, so it shouldn't be counting either Lucus or Anton... who in the world could be the two active people the hot thinks is online? Also is the hot counting Lucus or Anton as the idle person? Logic says that because it says idle it's indicating Lucus. But that may not be how the code is looking at it behind the scenes.

I'm just really confused here why the numbers don't seem to match.
    ~ Initiate Kaori Zaihou ~
    OOC: Signature last changed on 3/24/2018

Not all characters appear on the who list. Disguise gear removes you from it.
    "In our age there is no such thing as ‘keeping out of politics.’ All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

"Although many of us consider ourselves forward-thinkers, we still cling tenaciously to the old values of the system."

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Comment

Yes, I am aware that a disguise will remove you from the who list, but that's the whole "Dark" thing in the Hot. That still doesn't account for the discrepancy in numbers though. As I pointed out in the example above, 9 people are accounted for on the Who. However, the Hot claims 11, one of them being dark so we can bring that down to 10. 9 does not equal 10 though so I'm trying to figure how the two are counting differently.

Comment

Online[7] (00:11 EST): Adeline, Blodwen, Dame Galatea, Mena, Taite, Tristana and Vasilisa.
        Away[1]: Lady Charmiam.

CURRENT HOTSPOTS - Characters are gathered in the following locations:
        5 characters in the Inner Bailey Great Hall.
        4 other active character(s) are also online.
        There are also 1 character(s) dark.
        Honored Guest
        Acting Leader of the Awakeners
        Royal Page
        Keeper of Games
        Seeker in the Faith

Currently studying sculpting as a:
        Member of the College of Humanities
        Masque in The Unity

Comment

The dark character counts as active, not as a separate character.

Let's use the list Taite posted as an example. 7 characters online, plus 1 away. Away is still considered active because it's supposed to be used as a brb thing, a temporary afk. You only fall idle after an hour iirc.

5 characters in the IB Great Hall. Let's say it's Adeline, Dame Galatea, Mena, Tristana, and the afk Lady Charmiam, whose player took a potty break.
          4 other active characters. Let's say it's Blodwen in the amphitheatre, Taite in the refectory, Kaori in her room, and the one dark character is actually Kurzon doing coding stuff. That's 9 characters; 8 visible and 1 dark.

With the first example...

5 characters in the IB Great Hall. Let's say it's Lord Boreas lording over Lord Dolph, Dame Eeva, Brook, and Tristana.
          4 active characters online: Lady Sinvy is plotting world domination in her perfumed, sparkly chambers, wearing a lavish see-through dressing gown with a luxurious fur collar, and a thong. Anton is afk in his room because Louis is trying to determine which one of Anton's 53 pairs of trunkhose would match his doublet. Kaori is in the refectory. Odjit (Dark) is doing plotty stuff in her office.
          Lucus is idle, because of reasons.
          That makes it 10 characters; 9 visible, 1 dark.
          Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Kaori is in the refectory thinking up new ways to blind people.

Mistress Tine
            Chronicler of the Court
            Squire to Sir Edstave
            Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs View Post
              The dark character counts as active, not as a separate character.
              Okay and I guess that does get the math to work, but what throws me off is that that @hot is claiming that there is "also" N number of dark people online. But just to be clear that N number of dark people is NOT in addition to the other numbers the @hot shows. So if for instance it was Lord Fluffy Pants, Lady Bouncy Skirt, and a tall cloaked woman in the garden, the @hot would say that there were three people in the garden and also 1 character(s) dark? (assuming nobody else online)

Comment

My guess is that hotspots and math aren't friends. ; )

Comment

Working...
                X