Facebook And Funny Moments of Marrach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook And Funny Moments of Marrach

I was invited here by my sister. Awhile after that, she quit. *Sad face* This is the first time ever playing a game like this. So, word of mouth is definitely powerful, so how do we use that to benefit the game we all play?

On facebook, you have people who share memes or jokes daily.

If I have 10 friends/family members, who visit Facebook religiously, chances are one of them will see my post. A single like or comment could possibly be the next person to create a character. A single view could be read by someone who had no idea the game even existed. Even after we go on our own, this is something that we would be able to take with us, and utilize for our benefit.

When you share a post, and people click on the page where you got the post, they can read through the other 'LOL Moments of CM' and perhaps they would like to join in on the fun, too.

****I am looking for someone who would like to help me set this up (AKA Admin) so we can test it out.
    Honored Guest
    Acting Leader of the Awakeners
    Royal Page
    Keeper of Games
    Seeker in the Faith

Currently studying sculpting as a:
    Member of the College of Humanities
    Masque in The Unity

CM already has a Facebook page you could just post a link to that is regularly updated by staff.
    Acolyte Natura of the Faith
    Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
    Leader of the Stylists
    Mistress of Entertainments
    Ordained Knight
    Patron of the Duelists
    Royal Artist
    Ranger Recruit

Comment

I think I might have misunderstood a little. I'm not sure if you mean 'Just post the new fb link on the Marrach community site', or if you mean 'We already have one, so why would we need another?'

The facebook that we already have connects current members with past members. It, also, lists spoilers as well as other CM news to try to intrigue past players into 'waking up'.

The new facebook will not replace what we already have in place, but is merely an addition to what we already have. Instead of intriguing people who already have an account, we would try to intrigue those who have never heard of us.

Basically, we would be doing this...

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...nts-of-marrach

and perhaps adding things like...

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...lls-of-marrach

And then 'Sharing' these posts on our own pages in hopes that people like our own Cousin Lisa sees the post and then asks 'What game is that?'

Right now, we have @vote to help bring in new people. Maybe, this will help, too. It does not hurt to try.
      Honored Guest
      Royal Page
      Keeper of Games
      Seeker in the Faith

Masque in The Unity

Comment

There is this: https://www.facebook.com/CastleMarrach/ which is a public page and is not utilized. You could try using that.

The private group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/110139712252/.

Mistress Tine
        Chronicler of the Court
        Squire to Sir Edstave
        Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri

Comment

Ohh, I wouldn't want a bunch of my family showing up to play. It causes problems with favoritism and OOC/IC crossover. I don't understand why the FB page can't still be used? What spoilers are on there that aren't on the forums they would be able to read anyway once introduced to the name of the game? Announcements of Knightings and Courts and things are more likely to draw people in (imo) than OOC postings from the handlers of players (some of which might give equal or more spoilers, if we're being honest).

Why not just post the links to those forum pages if you want people on your FB to consider reading through them? I don't think it's something you need admin for.
          Acolyte Natura of the Faith
          Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
          Leader of the Stylists
          Mistress of Entertainments
          Ordained Knight
          Patron of the Duelists
          Royal Artist
          Ranger Recruit

Comment

Also, the "Funny Moments" and similar threads are kind of a bunch of inside jokes? I feel like if I saw that posted anywhere outside of an actual page on the Skotos/CM site, I'd be like, "I don't know what the hell is happening here."

But that's just me.

Comment

I've been thinking about this for a while -- that is, finding ways to draw more people in -- and I've been considering creating other, smaller pieces of media that replay or re-enact parts of CM's history. Choose-your-own-adventure style games with alternate endings, based on things that have all actually happened in CM, and then providing a link to the actual game.

There's such a long history of cool stuff happening, so much of it actually recorded. I feel like sharing that in some form would draw people in, knowing what they could be involved with.
              StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
              StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
              StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"

Comment

I'm not very good at that type of stuff, but you get why I had suggested this. Any other ideas to try would be helpful!
                Honored Guest
                Royal Page
                Keeper of Games
                Seeker in the Faith

Masque in The Unity

Comment

I am intrigued by the 'Choose your own adventure' idea.
                  Honored Guest
                  Royal Page
                  Keeper of Games
                  Seeker in the Faith

Masque in The Unity

Comment

Emerick Yeah, that sounds really cool!
                    Hildegard Helmsdottir
                    Battler