Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarrnival OOC Instructions Post

~ ☠️ Yarnival Rules and Guidelines ☠️ ~

Hey all, the Yarnival pirate themed festival has commenced. For the next week, the following is in effect:
    • Join the crew of either the Dreadwake or the Blackhearts by donning their respective armband. Doing so overrides your MCombat team to your respective crew while worn.
    • Booty piles can be found around the castle in both bailies, these piles can be harvested with the scavenging skill to collect treasures of various rarities as well as pirate currency, doubloons.
    • The booty piles are guarded by pirates of the "skydogs" crew. These 'stage actor' MCombat CNPCs force "practice" matches when battled and will not injure players if they strike them. Defeat the skydogs to secure the booty pile for your crew, but beware - you may have to fight members of the opposing Player Character crew to stake your claim.
    • Harvest your freshly secured loot pile for doubloons and medallions.
    • Bring the medallions back to your crew's treasure horde and add them to the pile to receive more doubloons for your loyalty.
    • Spend your doubloons with the pirate quartermaster Shmee for various goods.
    • Check the IC boards for other scheduled events where medallions and doubloons can be obtained.
    • The team with the largest treasure hoard of medallions at the end of the event wins!
    • Be sure to use rebated weapons during these events, the Queen frowns upon murdering her subjects during festivities.
    • Yarr!

Update: You can (and should) now use @mcombat "practice to engage the goblins; they will not enter fights if started with @mcombat "fight.
    Last edited by Kurzon; 12-04-2019, 03:04 PM.
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Hello all,

A couple brief updates;

1. I've made some coding updates to change how the MCombat engine treats CNPCs. Goblins and any future creatures flagged as practice CNPCs will not join real fights or duels, but will automatically join any practice match that starts in the same room as them. You may now also use practice matches against other players wearing the pirate faction armbands, therefore: @mcombat "practice should be used for all practice matches against players and/or CNPCs moving forward. I'm hoping this should address some bugs that have been coming up during fights since last night.

2. In addition to the large treasure piles protected by goblins, various smaller ones are being added throughout the castle. These can only be harvested once but there are numerous to be found and should help allow those who lack the skills to defeat the goblins to harvest their daily 10 harvests.

Thanks and Happy Gaming
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Thank you so much, Kurzon!! You rock!! You are so amazingly dedicated! You deserve a free two week trip to Hawaii for all of your hard work! =D
      Hildegard Helmsdottir
      Battler
      Awakener

Comment

Originally posted by Kurzon View Post
        Spend your doubloons with the pirate quartermaster Shmee for various goods.
        Where and when can we find pirate quartermaster Shmee? Or have they yet to appear?

Originally posted by Kurzon View Post
        In addition to the large treasure piles protected by goblins, various smaller ones are being added throughout the castle. These can only be harvested once but there are numerous to be found and should help allow those who lack the skills to defeat the goblins to harvest their daily 10 harvests.
        Have these shown up anywhere? They don't seem to in the late night/early morning hours.
        Established Guest • Seeker of the Faith • Probationary Gardener
        Senior Stylist • Portrait Artist • Fortune Teller • Habitual Jongleur

Comment

I haven't seen any of the smaller ones either and I've been looking since I can't take down goblins on my own. I just get lucky sometimes that the larger piles get abandoned when people have reached their harvesting limit.

Comment

The quartermaster is in the Refectory.

I'll have to check on the small treasure piles and make sure they're properly respawning.
            StoryHost Kurzon
            Castle Marrach Staff

Comment

Working...
            X