• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWiki Changes

Hey everyone,

As of today, the new twiki domain is now
    http://wiki.marrach.com/

This means http://wiki.marrach.skotos.net/bin/view/PAGEHERE would become http://wiki.marrach.com/bin/view/PAGEHERE

Regards,
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Has it been so long since you've manually typed your twiki password that you now no longer remember it? Well if you use chrome there is a way to recover it so you can get it put in on the new domain.
    1. Go to chrome://settings/passwords
    2. In the search bar put in the old domain of wiki.marrach.skotos.net
    3. You should see all your twiki accounts you have saved on the chrome and hidden passwords.
    4. Click the eye icon to see your password. You'll have to enter your computer login details.
    You now should know your login name and password. Put that in for the new domain and you are good.
    ~ Initiate Kaori Zaihou ~
    OOC: Signature last changed on 3/24/2018

Comment

Most of the links still direct to their Skotos addresses.
      Established Guest • Pursuivant Herald • Junior Gardener
      LPA Instructor • Artist and Jongleur • Seeker of the Faith

Comment

*bumped for good measure*

I've noticed recently lots of people switching to the new, but also lots updating the old twiki pages, they do not carry over, they are not in sync with each other. At least as far as I've been able to tell.

If you suspect someones not using the new host twiki, please speak to them about it. For everyone's sake, lets be on the same pages! You'll do some work, they wont be able to see, or vice versa.

To SH Kurzon, are the old pages likely to be taken down at some point, or just made redundant?

Thank you

Ian
        Kaspar's handler

Comment

Hey all,

So what's happened is that the twiki link I've posted in the original post connects to the version of twiki that exists on our new Castle Marrach server, which was copied over from the former Skotos-wide server. The original Skotos server (which still contains our old twiki) is still up while they finish wrapping up some things on their end, but I don't imagine that will be the case for much longer. I don't know exactly how long it will be the case, however.
          StoryHost Kurzon
          Castle Marrach Staff

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with one person putting stuff into the new Twiki and another person not being able to see it? I genuinely feel like I'm going crazy because two people in Treasury can see updates made on the new .com pages, but I can't see them on the old or new despite making sure the files were all appropriately .commed. Do you think clearing cache or something might help? I have no idea why it's being an issue for me but it's preventing me from doing coin calculations for the game because I can't see the inputted Treasury forms.

Comment

Ignore the above. Odjit helped me figure out the address I was typing in as the new address still had skotos in it when I was supposed to remove it. User error <.<

Comment

So I've been working on some wiki pages and I notice that a number of them redirect back to the old marrach.skotos.net address.

Just a reminder to people making wiki pages, you should use Wiki links instead of direct links. So for example:

[[http://wiki.marrach.skotos.net/bin/v.../HealersBooks][List of Books]]

Should have been

[[HealersBooks][List of Books]]

If you are unsure if your group's wiki has been using direct links or wiki links, I suggest clicking the search link on your group's wiki and searching for skotos. Then click one of the results that come up and then edit, and do a ctrl+f for skotos.

Please do not just change these direct links from wiki.marrach.skotos.net to wiki.marrach.com but instead to the correct wiki link format. If for some reason in the future the wiki has to move again (say to marrach.net or whatever) then having the wiki links in the correct format will avoid them breaking again.
                ~ Initiate Kaori Zaihou ~
                OOC: Signature last changed on 3/24/2018

Comment

Take care everyone. Until all the links are properly updated to point to the new twiki, you must check it yourself. Ensure you are working on wiki.marrach.com and not wiki.skotos.net.

Comment

Imma cry now.

Comment

If it would make things easier, I will ask Shannon about taking down the old TWiki sooner than later. I don't think there's any real reason to delay.
                      StoryHost Kurzon
                      Castle Marrach Staff

Comment

Hey all,

FYI, the old Castle Marrach TWiki wiki.marrach.skotos.net has been shut down. This should alleviate any confusion between it and the new server our TWiki was copied over to at wiki.marrach.com.

A reminder that any previous TWiki links that were linked in the URL format instead of the WikiWord format no longer work. Ideally everyone should have been using the WikiWord format anyway, but for cases where they did not - those links will be broken now. The easy solution to fixing this is to just replace "wiki.marrach.skotos.net" in those broken links with "wiki.marrach.com" -- however I advise using the proper WikiWord format instead: [[Webname.PageName][Link text here]]

For the moment, you may notice some map fragments no longer appear. These are map fragments that were formerly hosted on our wiki.marrach.skotos.net TWiki and have since had their links broken. Staff will go about redirecting them to the proper wiki.marrach.com address shortly.
                        Last edited by Kurzon; 06-26-2020, 05:44 PM.
                        StoryHost Kurzon
                        Castle Marrach Staff

Comment

I seem to recall the answer being 'no', but was there any way to reset passwords or reclaim accounts? The user pages list an email address, so I feel like it should be technically possible to at least confirm ownership even if it were a manual task, but the password reset tool just tells you to email what I assume is a salted hash of your new password to 'wiki@marrach.skotos.net' rather than allowing you to get a reset link.

Annoyingly, I still have access to my old email address, but I stupidly deleted the email with my password in it and I am not even sure what browser I was using a decade ago when I last logged in. This irritation is second only to the loss of my healing notes (all those verbs I need to relearn!) which probably had my password in it. Lost so much in a massive HDD failure years ago.

Enamar

Comment

There is no password reset, historically people just had to make a new one. But that link seems to be broken now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptaliesin View Post
                              There is no password reset, historically people just had to make a new one. But that link seems to be broken now.
                              This should be the link. I'm not sure if it'll be broken for others but it worked fine for me.
                              Story Husi
                              Half-Man, Half-Bear, All Chocolate

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information