Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About character slots (ATTN STORY PEOPLE AND SKOTOS DECISION MAKER PEOPLE!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About character slots (ATTN STORY PEOPLE AND SKOTOS DECISION MAKER PEOPLE!!!!!)

I was talking to a SG the other day and she suggested I post this on the board.

I've been playing for roughly a year and a half. When the limited slots thing came around, I had 7 characters in my account.

When the grandfather clause thing came around I had 5.

After August 1, 2002 I had 3.

Somehow I was neglected the use of the Grandfather clause and lost my extra slots. That sucks sooo much. Oh, well, SG said there's nothing they could do about it because it was a glitch or something.

BUT I was thinking and this is very very very very important to me. PAY for extra character slots.

I know Skotos launched this whole campaign to make more money a while back and this occured to me then but was ignored when I posted.

Most people CAN NOT AFFORD to buy a premium account and get 5 character slots, and all the other Premium benefits. BUT!!! Some people could afford a little more than the normal account cost. The idea is basically this, People want extra character slots, but aren't able/willing to pay the price of a premium account, and/or arent interested in the other premium benefits. The answer? Charge $1-3 dollars extra per month per extra character slot. Yeah I'd pay $15 dollars a month instead of 12 for an extra slot to play with! Might even go for 18 and give myself a slot to try out a new character now and then. And the benefit to skotos? More money! PROFIT! No more of people having to start new trial accounts and leave you messy clean up just to try a new character idea! PEOPLE NOT GETTING BORED WITH THE GAME BECAUSE THEIR CURRENT CHARACTERS ARE IN THE DUNGEON/GETTING BORING AND THEY WANT TO //TRY// SOMETHING NEW WITHOUT LOSING THEIR HARD WORKED CHARACTERS!!!!! Think of all the benefits this would give! I'm serious! Those little trial accounts on the side are what have kept me with skotos through months when my other characters just weren't cutting it and I know I'm not alone. I've asked people.

ADDITIONALLY, why not set up accounts so you could purchase only Marrach access with 5 slots or so instead of all skotos games with basic slots? I honestly think this is a marvel idea that should DEFINATELY be implemented. WHY? Because some of us dont like the other skotos games at all and never play them.. so we're in effect paying for something we dont use. Set this up for each game! An acouunt for only this game, with more slots than is normally availble for the same price as the over-all account. I'd switch to it instantly! It would be /SUCH/ a good mark toward Skotos Customer Service as well! Giving people an option to pay for what they want, and not just pay because its their only option.

PLEASE listen to me about this! There are some of us out here who are SOOO addicted to this game that we DO actually have time and talent enough to play 5 characters PLUS! (*Cough.. like me) and it would make us SOOOOOOOO happy, PLUS SKOTOS WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider this thoroughly and make it happen! It would be beneficial on all ends and I for one would be assured to stay with Skotos a lot longer than I am at this point!

Umm. I think you're confused on the grandfathering thing. You weren't forced to delete your extra characters were you? After teh limits in number's of characters appeared, people could keep all their current characters, but couldn't make NEW characters if the new character would take them over the number of slots on their account (for you, I'd expect 3). So I'm unsure why you think you 'missed' something.

-=- Matt

Comment

Maybe he is saying that when he logged in, his characters were missing? Though I would have thought that would have been fixable.
      OOC -- Euphelia says, "Stupid fat cat got tangled in cords and dragged my craptop across the room "

Comment

If you logged in and those character were missing, there's a problem. But if you deleted those characters, then there isn't a problem. Grandfathered accounts get 3 character slots.

Comment

Re: About character slots (ATTN STORY PEOPLE AND SKOTOS DECISION MAKER PEOPLE!!!!!)

Originally posted by Sirias
          When the grandfather clause thing came around I had 5.

After August 1, 2002 I had 3.
          Actually, after the grandfathering, everyone had 3. If you had more characters, you got to keep them but you didn't get more slots. You only had three slots. So if you decided you didn't like them and deleted them, oh well. You still only get three slots when all is done.

New accounts only get 2. So it could be worse

If you pay for premium, you get 5 slots.

If any of this is confusing or you didn't see it one of the last times it was mentioned in these boards, there's now actually an entire forum devoted to premium accounts : Premium Accounts

Plus if you do a search for 'slot' or 'character slots' in this forum alone you'll find this topic covered repeatedly.

Comment

Re: About character slots (ATTN STORY PEOPLE AND SKOTOS DECISION MAKER PEOPLE!!!!!)

Original Suggestion: The ability to buy extra character slots.

Pay an additional $1-3 per slot on an existing account to have an extra character slot added.

Viable Reasons for implementing this:
            • Most people can't afford to buy a premium account to get the 3 extra character slots and the other premium benefits, but some could afford a little more (suggested $1-$3 per slot).
            • Skotos would benefit, as people would pay for slots instead of resorting to trial accounts, which just leaves underdeveloped characters, and more clean up afterwards.

Second Suggestion: Marrach Accounts.

The option to have a Marrach only account, where you could have 5 character slots, but access to other games is removed. (Basically paying for 5 slots on Marrach instead of 2 on Marrach, 2 on TEC, 2 on GR, etc).

Viable Reasons for implementing this:
            • Some players don't like the other Skotos games and don't play them. (Paying for slots they don't use).
            • It would improve the view of Skotos Customer Service as well. Giving players the option to pay for what they want.

----

Just a reposting of the basic suggestions, as the original intent of this post was to suggest these two ideas, not complain about grandfathering. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong of course).

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts on this, personally I think they're good suggestions... by thats just my humble opinion.

Comment

Yes Ageelia is correct. As for the other, I had five characters before and two of them were wiped when the three slots thing came. *shrug*

The ideas suggested here are my main concern in the matter. PLEASE check out the ideas and think about it! Its called Customer Satisfaction and its something Skotos is often lacking, but people stay because we are all so addicted.... heh.

Seriously, make this happen and you'll have a bunch of 'happy' players who were otherwise just too addicted to the game to stop playing. I've felt this way... Skotos isn't always the best about customer service.

Comment

I also suggested the "Marrach Only" idea for players sometime ago.. quite a while ago infact, before the price switch.. It was shot down, I was almost upset at the price change.. ok I was alot upset.. but I got over it Hell.. I love Marrach.. I'm paying 13 bucks a month just to play it. And it just don't bother me no more

-Jase
                Royal Chief of Medicine
                Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
                Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

A Marrach only account would be great. Man I only play CM, and I don't think that's gonna change any time soon. And since the price change.. well it's become very expensive for canadian players to play (damn exchange rate )
                  Tinne smiles, "I like learning! It makes you know stuff!"

Comment

It's very expensive for Canadians. As a college student only working part time, I have a hard time justifying the $20 a month sometimes. But when I figure the hours of enjoyment (and frustration) I get from it, I suppose it's a somewhat fair trade off. The Marrach only option would be wonderful seeming as I'm paying $20 a month for 3 slots, and then a number of other slots (6?8?) for games I don't play.

I hope the Skotos Gods will seriously look at the two suggestions Sirias's player made... they look promising .

Comment

See? People agree! It would be GREAT! Come on Shannon! Give this one a thought! Seriously, it would rule and everyone would be happier!!!! CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!! SOMETHING YOU CAN DO TO MAKE A LOT OF US HAPPIER AND KEEP US WITH SKOTOS!!!!

Comment

I think Marrach only account probably would involve extra coding and hassle for Skotos. But I think the extra slot idea, as in pay for extra slots, is a great idea. If people are willing to pay for something that would cost Skotos very little (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) to offer. An all around benefit to all involved. Not that I have time for an extra character... just my two cents.
                        --Clovis--
                        Yeoman of the Royal Guard

Comment

I think the marrach only thing is cool for ppl who only play marrach outta the three games available, but i can see how this could be a bit of a hassle in the future. Like Devils Cay. Even though i only play marrach now i KNOW that i'll Be playing Devils Cay. And whenever Lovecraft Country comes out, i'll be playing that too ^_^. At any rate, it ain't a bad idea.

But I really do think that the idea of being able to buy the char slots without having to pay for the premium account is really GOOD. I know many of times i wished I had an extra one. And i'm pretty darn sure a whole lotta ppl have too. Its a win win situation. We can play a extra dollar or so to have an extra slot without having to spend all that money on premium, and skotos gets paid ^_^.

~Jenny~
                          ( っ '๐')づ# I was going to give you this waffle
                          #さ('๐' さ ) But then i was like...
                          (>'#'<) I'm hungry.
                          (。◕‿◕。) So i ate it.
                          (。◡‿◡。)

Comment

Second Suggestion: Marrach Accounts.
                            Then expect to pay more if you're just buying marrach accounts. By paying for all three games, money from all three games are spread equally among all the games. If you just paid for marrach or tec or grendel, then the money is not spread equally and it might be cheaper to play tec and grendel since they run on one server, and more expensive for marrach because it has its own server.
                            Least likely to train: Govan.. actually, I should say her player. Accompanied an alt of hers training once and after she had spent fifteen minutes deciding on the wardrobe, we got all of two minutes in before she was bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Govan
                              Then expect to pay more if you're just buying marrach accounts. By paying for all three games, money from all three games are spread equally among all the games. If you just paid for marrach or tec or grendel, then the money is not spread equally and it might be cheaper to play tec and grendel since they run on one server, and more expensive for marrach because it has its own server.
                              Doubtful. Skotos would charge the same for each to avoid outcry. If they even consider the option. Besides, it's mostly badwidth they're paying for.

The thing is this. Will being able to pay for only one game cause Skotos to gain money and more customers or to lose money?

Will more customers join and be retained because of paying less for one game? Or will most of the current customers paying 13 dollars a month switch to paying for one game and will Skotos gain enough new customers or premium account holders to compromise all the people paying the cheaper price?

And it's hard to say what would happen without trying. And at this point, that could be fatal to Skotos economically.

While I think it might be a good idea, it may not be feasible for a company in a time of economic turmoil.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to add. Are they losing more potential customers to the high price for one game than they would be gaining for the lower price of one game?

But like I said, it's hard to say without trying. It's a pity that trying could mean Skotos' end. Maybe when Skotos is in better economic shape it can be tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X