A complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A complaint

Yes, I know some of you love annoying me and harassing me, but it really has to stop.

If you want to page me, I don't mind talking to most people. But if you're going to ask some question about carpentry that is public knowledge, everyone knows, and is publicly posted on the boards, I'm going to complain.

When will your order be ready? I have no fricking idea. It's not my fault. Don't bitch at me.

And to whoever keeps poofing up thousands of these 'plain carpentry items' for personal trades, stop it. Just stop. IC, there is no such thing as a 'plain wardrobe'. Stop it. And to the rest of you who like to pick up plain furniture, alter it with your OOCly traded carpentry skill, 'building' a wardrobe out of your bare hands in six seconds, then mocking my character because you're 'so much faster', just stop. Could you pretend you're a roleplayer? How about pretending you're not a jackass? I'm not asking much.

It's the same people doing the same crap all the time. It's the same people telling lies to newer players about how it's ok to get ahead through dishonesty. Inelegantly put, you suck.

Re: A complaint

Originally posted by Lance
    And to whoever keeps poofing up thousands of these 'plain carpentry items' for personal trades, stop it. Just stop.
    From what I was told, the book that was stolen or whatever that caused the orginal problem, was take and destroyed. I never saw or personally owned the book, so I don't know for sure. But I will state that everything I have left and everything I handed out was turned into something. I have nothing plain left.

So what I'm thinking is that anything left over from the orginal ordeal is still floating around. It happens like that... it's the same with drugs. You can bust the Drug Lord and still have parts of his stash flowing around being sold.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but share a point.

Comment

Nick has a point though. To correctly give the sense that he's "building and crafting these objects from materials" its going to TAKE TIME! It's not like me, a tailor, who can get some IC plain clothing, and stitch and dye them while you wait. Plain things just don't exist for the carpentry world. Those are OOC objects that are created with the coding to allow you to "stain" and "alter" them to be the finished product. IC'ly, he's working from SCRATCH.

Try to see this from his perspective. There's quite a few tailors and seamstresses - ESPECIALLY compared to there JUST being Lance for OB and Taralyn for IB. They have their students I'm sure, but you know they're not nearly up to par on skil as them.

From neutral perspective - Give them a break?
      Royal Chief of Medicine
      Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
      Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

From what I was told, the book that was stolen or whatever that caused the orginal problem, was take and destroyed. I never saw or personally owned the book, so I don't know for sure. But I will state that everything I have left and everything I handed out was turned into something. I have nothing plain left.

Yeah, but the problem, as you so elegantly teased me about previously, was that you had 30 'plain items' that were 'converted' to furniture. I won't mention how it was lugged from one place to another without being noticed. Most people I tried to talk to ignored me, refused to tell the truth, or made fun of me when I asked. However, Janwin gave vague answers before he finally admited that he 'made' carpentry furniture (in record time) for people using 'a stiletto'.

How, you ask?

When asked, it turns out that he used the 'butt' of the stiletto as a hammer and the sharp edge as an axe to cut through timber.

I just want a few other crafter players out there to stop and think about the implications of statements like these. It would be like a rogue jeweler saying to Hannah "Oh, I traded some skills OOCly, then made some necklaces and anklets from some plain jewelry that someone poofed up for me. I used my fingernails and a sharp fork to engrave the jewelry, then used my teeth and thousands of pounds of pressure to create a diamond out of coal. Don't bother me about how I play my character IC'ly."

Forgive me for being less than impressed.

Comment

When asked, it turns out that he used the 'butt' of the stiletto as a hammer and the sharp edge as an axe to cut through timber.
          Sound's reasonable/logical enough for me.

Comment

Seamstress dyes and materials don't just appear out of thin air either, but there never seem to be people complaining that Joe the Rogue Tailor is 'magically' making burlap longjohns.

Comment

That wasn't the discussion. We're talking about the BASIC materials. Seamstress and Tailor materials - plain longjohns in this case - are readily available. Tailoring stuff like Cotton or Burlap is done by skills which would be the game's way of showing they have access IC'ly to the materials now. If they do it through a rogue way, they "stole" the materials. Since plain garments are so easily gotten though, that's why it isn't as highly complained. Still, rogue tailors/seamstresses are highly frowned apon.
              Royal Chief of Medicine

Comment

My character can dye novice colors. I don't RP him running up to some stock room before dying a newly a pair of brown pants. Kind of unrealistic to have a large selection of dyes and fabrics stuffed in his pouch, too. Maybe it's a mistake on my part to have him make clothes then - to me it sounds pretty much like the carpenter's wood arguement.

The endless carpentry paranoia and whining is annoying. Especially the rather random OOC accusations.

Comment

Nor do many seamstresses, Cyrius. I'm a student tailor, Sen.Ap dyers and tailoring.

This is about the carpentry. It's an ENTIRELY different craft. They actually have pieces and tools for their trade. We have tools, but only for the higher skilled.

The whining as you put it is valid in some points, because he is constantly getting badgered for things that his character can't help. He's correctly rolepalying how long it would take to create such masterpieces.
                  Royal Chief of Medicine

Comment

Mayhap there should be "plain" things allowed for other crafts like smithing/carpentry/jewlrymaking. Or if you want to go the restricted route no plain anythings. Remove all the plain clothing from game, and make all "plain" Things ooc.
                    As it stands it is a little odd that some "plain" things are easyer to get than others.

Comment

He's correctly rolepalying how long it would take to create such masterpieces?

Yah. If I pump out twenty wardrobes in two minutes because I can type real fast, it's kind of silly. But Janwin using a stiletto to help make some furniture is nothing if not creative.

Sure, it's a different craft. But it's still the same basic system that every other skill has. There's nothing different from the hairstylist who can cut without scissors and the carpenter who can chop some wood without an axe. Not in my opinion, at least.

And yes, it is whining. And random. As someone who hasn't had an inch of involvement in carpentry, and has had to deal with being accused of OOCly cheating to make a few lines of text called a wardrobe, I feel pretty safe in saying that.

Comment

Stellar babbled...

Sound's reasonable/logical enough for me

...to which I reply OF COURSE it's reasonable and logical to you when you have 30+ things going to you. To anybody who understands what 'wood' is (it's the thing that grows from the ground in trees), it would be plainly obvious why a stiletto is not 'creative' but is, in fact, a stupid rationalization. Have you ever touched wood? Cut wood? Have you ever handled a weapon with a blade of any sort? Go ahead and try to cut a tree or timber with a blade that's the size of a steak knife. Frankly, I can't believe you can say that without blushing.

To Cyrius: any 'harassment' you received was based on *IC* things. I don't think you're cheating, abusing bugs, or sending me countless pages for the sole purpose of annoying me. OOC, unless someone can prove me wrong, I'll continue thinking highly of you.

However, about paranoia... how would YOU feel if someone poofed up 100 fairly rare items (of whatever craft you like) altered them in six minutes, and distributed them freely? Or better yet, kept all of their ill-gotten goods.

All I'm asking for is people to ...

1) not cheat.
                        2) not harass me.

Is that asking too much? No? I didn't think so. Let me add one more personal request.

3) stop saying obvious lies that nobody but a four year old would believe.

Comment

Stellar lied...

But I will state that everything I have left and everything I handed out was turned into something. I have nothing plain left

Could we be honest on an OOC board? Please? I mean, sure, if you have a conflicting opinion than me even if it is neither a justifiable one nor particularly respectable one, that's fine and dandy.

But outright lies? You should not do that.

Comment

See, this is why I suggested this idea:

Nothing should be 'plain'... garments should be 'cloth' before they are altered.... furniture should be 'wood' before it is altered. The armory has this for weapons. There are no 'plain swords' they are 'METAL swords'.... this should be done with the furnture and garments as well. CLOTH pants, CLOTH long-sleeved shirt.... WOOD wardrobe, WOOD bookshelf. The same should go with jewelery as well.

Now, if only we can get this placed IG, then I feel alot of problems would be solved in these OOC arguements.

Comment

Could we be honest on an OOC board? Please? I mean, sure, if you have a conflicting opinion than me even if it is neither a justifiable one nor particularly respectable one, that's fine and dandy.

But outright lies? You should not do that.
                              I like how you live my life and know everything about what I do with my character.

While doing my operation for business, I had people send me request... those people got what they requested. Not anything plain.

Also, if I recall properly, which I do, all the plain items I did have at one point and time got were given up OOC to an SG cause you cried so hard and long about the issue. If you wanna call me a liar on that too, please do so, for you were there and I'm sure the SG can testify that they were giving up. And even then you still weren't happy cause the items weren't given directly to you, but put in some OOC storage area until someone could determine what to properly do with them.

How's that for some truth? So please... stop your crying and whining... this issue is old, it's been dealt with. Sorry you don't like the finaly outcome, but not everyone gets their cake and eats it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X