X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    started a topic A complaint

A complaint

Yes, I know some of you love annoying me and harassing me, but it really has to stop.

If you want to page me, I don't mind talking to most people. But if you're going to ask some question about carpentry that is public knowledge, everyone knows, and is publicly posted on the boards, I'm going to complain.

When will your order be ready? I have no fricking idea. It's not my fault. Don't bitch at me.

And to whoever keeps poofing up thousands of these 'plain carpentry items' for personal trades, stop it. Just stop. IC, there is no such thing as a 'plain wardrobe'. Stop it. And to the rest of you who like to pick up plain furniture, alter it with your OOCly traded carpentry skill, 'building' a wardrobe out of your bare hands in six seconds, then mocking my character because you're 'so much faster', just stop. Could you pretend you're a roleplayer? How about pretending you're not a jackass? I'm not asking much.

It's the same people doing the same crap all the time. It's the same people telling lies to newer players about how it's ok to get ahead through dishonesty. Inelegantly put, you suck.

• SPXios
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance
    IC, there is no such thing as a 'plain wardrobe'.
    There isn't?

Leave a comment:

• Molim
    replied
    Originally posted by Stellar
    Further more and once again... I never had this "poofing book" so my means were IC. I never poofed a thing for myself. I traded for it.
    I destroyed the rogue magic poofing book, and I confirm here that it was not in Stellar's possession when I deleted it.

Lance, Stellar, please stop this public bickering. I don't know who started it, nor do I care.

Lance, if you are being harassed, immediately file an assist. Do NOT bring it to the forums.

Stellar, if you are being harassed, immediately file an assist. Do NOT bring it to the forums.

Ditto everyone. There is no purpose to this endless discussion in this place.

Leave a comment:

• Lanceaux
    replied
    I don't like getting involved in these things, but plain and simple Yaoi has two plain small boxes.

Neither of them have *stuff* in them , but they are still in his room, and he RPs them as being piles of wood. He got them form Stellar, and that's about it.

Any other carpentry item he ever got was from either Vividy (before carpentry) or from a carpenter.

Leave a comment:

• Ryot
    replied
    Originally posted by Stellar
    It's called RPing.

Further more and once again... I never had this "poofing book" so my means were IC. I never poofed a thing for myself. I traded for it.
    If a hacker gives me Mastery of every skill, and a key to every room in the Castle...but I don't actually do it myself...

Is it an example of my "Great" RPing ability?

If someone sells you poisoned grapes, and you knowingly make wine from it and sell it....Does that make you any less responsible?

Leave a comment:

• Stellar
    replied
    \ And Eric... the reason I have a problem is because you keep starting things. Quit it. Stop saying 'no my problem, not my problem' when you keep starting problems. Am I asking too much?
    Actually, this is the only place where there is any OOC interaction. I have your pages blocked and I don't page you... everything I do anymore is IC. It's called RPing.

Also, as I said before, I thought the problem was dropped... but someone keeps bring it up. *shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• Hannah
    replied
    I certainly must say that I have to agree with Ryot's player on this one.

Leave the subject be and go on.

Though, I must also say this: I work under Zia, she’s the one with the poof book/materials. If she doesn't hand over plain items all I can do is twiddle my thumbs and wait until she says I can make things.

While I understand everyone wants their stuff, and they generally expect it while they are standing there, it's not always possible.

Give the poor guy a break. If you really want to know where your stuff is, ask someone who can do something about it; Taralyn in this case.

You wouldn't believe how many people do the same with jewelry. It's kinda crazy. You get scrolls like I ordered my platinum diamond tiara with 'The Queen is a Whore' engraved on it yesterday, how come I don't have it?

If you're not happy with your service complain where it counts. If you're not getting results you want with Lance go elsewhere and quit your bitching.

Holly

Leave a comment:

• Ryot
    replied
    Let me get this straight....

The OOC "poof" book for carpentry was stolen.

The thieves had no wood of their own.

The thieves "poofed" a shitload of carpentry items using the poofbook.

The items were then either traded, or eventually turned over.

Nick gets upset because frankly, how the hell could someone make 30+ wooden items with no wood and in a matter of seconds?

Not that it affects my RP, as I'm in a cell most of the time; but what the hell?

How about I learn some coding skills and hack around or what-not, and somehow end up with fourty NPC slave-guards with weapons to do my bidding, and keys to every room in the Castle?

A bit extreme, no? How did I get them? Definitely not ICly, right?

Same goes with this. Obtaining items OOCly that you have no way of procuring is the same damn thing.

The thieves made a mistake. A big mistake. Instead of harassing Nick, I'd say that they should simply apologise, and end this.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

It's just a bloody game. Geez.

Right. A game I'd like to play without constant harassment to look forward to every time I so much as peep out a comment. I don't see anyone screaming at, say, Umichan, who has made it clear multiple times (dozens, in fact) that she 'hates attention whores'. Have the same respect for me?

And Eric... the reason I have a problem is because you keep starting things. Quit it. Stop saying 'no my problem, not my problem' when you keep starting problems. Am I asking too much?

Leave a comment:

• Stellar
    replied
    As a note, neither of your reps for ooc/IC are the cleanest and this may be why there is little pouring of sympathy in the forums.
    I'm not even looking for sympathy nor was I expecting any.

Also, I have been to the SGs and SPs many times. Before this post, I thought everything was solved... and maybe on my side it is... seems Nick still finds his troubled. *shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    But John, that's the ENTIRE point of my complaint. People who do the IC/OOC dishonesty in whatever form or fashion they might do such.

Just because more than one person does it or even (I *so* hope this isn't true) a majority does it doesn't mean it's a good or right thing to do.

Secondly, if you think I'm being 'sniped' right now, this is nothing. It's getting to be that someone has something smart for me every single time I log on, at least once every day or two. Am I annoyed? A little.

Am I being an idealist to just want everyone to be honest? Not to harass people, not to cheat, to make everyone's time in game enjoyable? Is that asking so much, really?
    Well then, talk to a SG about the problems you are having, name names and such. As to the IC/OOC matter actally a majority do it in this game, but often in the quest for a better story. The problem is better is a flexable term. Its ooc to bluebook something IG, but depending on what it is, it may not be seen as a breach (example of a common and fair bluebook, player a and player b have coffee in real life, and talk about charicter a and b (their own charicters) They may decide to bluebook a conversation where this RL conversation might have happed.
    As a note, neither of your reps for ooc/IC are the cleanest and this may be why there is little pouring of sympathy in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Lyds
    replied
    Nick and Eric:

Take your bitching off the public boards.

It's not new news to anyone that you two have a problem with one another. Instead of whining and making sarcastic jibes at one another, why don't you go and sort this out with a SG. Nick, if you feel such huge injustice has been done to you by Eric, then file an assist. Ditto, Eric.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a single person who enjoys reading a thread with the two of you desperately trying to out wit and insult the other.

Get over yourselves, and GROW UP.

It's just a bloody game. Geez.

Leave a comment:

• Mairead
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyrius
    I still don't understand why every bit of carpentry needs to be roleplayed with complete realism, while the other crafts just let it slide. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done realistically, but it's rather inconsistant.

If Janwin has already made his wardrobe and people are wondering, "How did he do that??" I guess he needed an explanation, and that's what he came up with. If I made Lance some ugly salmon pants, and newly xyz pointed out I did it without any dye (a prop for such) I sure wouldn't be able to explain it IC, because I simply would have been using the OOC skill system. I can emote 'sew my pants idiotically' but you can still point out that I don't have a needle.

Firstly, as a person playing a Seamstress character, the first point is wrong. For the more advanced orders for garments, we do do fittings and we do take time to do things properly. I have seen jewellers do proper design consultations on bigger pieces... The Crafters DO take their time...

As for props. It's assumed we have a needle. The more skilled seamstresses have tapes, scissors, hoops and the like. Sure we could all carry dye bottles around as well, but we'd be walking bow legged with the extra weight, especially someone like Ermie. A line's got to be drawn somewhere between realism and gameplay. Would you prefer we only dyed garments in the work room where the dye pots are? Or would you prefer you got your clothes made reasonably quickly, and it's assumed we have the equipment?

I know what I'd want...

Leave a comment:

• Stellar
    replied
    And while you made some mention of turning things over, I have no idea if it ever happened save on your word alone.
    Talk to StoryGuide Ayellah, she took care of the situation when I turned the items over. She can update you whatever you wanna know and justify that I did turn over the items.

As for the rest, say what you wish, call me what you want. People will judge on their own reguardless. But none of this really concerns me anymore, for on my end, the problem was taking care of by the SPs and SGs both IC and OOC. Once again, any problems with that... contact them.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrius
    replied
    I still don't understand why every bit of carpentry needs to be roleplayed with complete realism, while the other crafts just let it slide. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done realistically, but it's rather inconsistant.

If Janwin has already made his wardrobe and people are wondering, "How did he do that??" I guess he needed an explanation, and that's what he came up with. If I made Lance some ugly salmon pants, and newly xyz pointed out I did it without any dye (a prop for such) I sure wouldn't be able to explain it IC, because I simply would have been using the OOC skill system. I can emote 'sew my pants idiotically' but you can still point out that I don't have a needle.

The OOC dishonesty over IC matters irks me as well. Your character can be the scum of the earth, but have some decency towards your fellow players.

Being paged with what should be asked in character questions/requests or whatever can be tiresome. Sometimes I feel like everyone and their grandmother wants me to give them a lesson. At least I don't have to make them all wardrobes, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X