Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

A return to regularity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A return to regularity

Just to bring anyone who is interested up to speed with what has been going on in my life...

The first house deal fell through the week we were supposed to close. I took issue with the fact that the lawyers for the sellers strongly suggested that we pay an additional $9,000 in closing expenses because the sellers were in bankruptcy and could not afford their closing costs and commissions. I was already paying liens on the property and borrowing almost 60K to renovate, so I balked, cut my losses and found another house.

We moved into another old house (c. 1911) with one (1) phone jack, which was in the foyer. It took a while to get another one installed in a location more suitable for setting up a computer. The good news is that I am almost settled, and even though I only have a dial-up connection, I am back on the 'net.

I am also trying to adjust to life as a single parent with two kids, so I do not have as much time to spend online, but Isadora will definately not be lost in action again for long period.

See you in the Castle~

Kimberley

That is great news. I know I have missed seeing Isadora around.
    I am sure RL will settle down for you soon. Sending good thoughts your way.
    Karen

Comment

*hugs*

You know anytime you need me, I'll be around Kim.

I'm glad you'll be back, but put RL first.

Your friend,
      Anne
      Rogra Beaumains

Comment

My dear friend Kim, it is certainly good to have you back. I know that things are pretty rough for you, but we are all here for you if you need anything.

Glad you are back!

~Kerry~

Kerry
        Aries Keywords: active, initiating, leading, independent, aggressive, impatient, combative, energetic, pioneering, naive, assertive

Comment

Kim what can I say, you know what you mean to me and all I can say is I am always here for you and big Uber.....

HUGS!!!

ANNE
          Finna Moon, Courtier to Her Majesty's Court

Comment

Good to hear that and good to have you back, Kimberley! And hey, one phone jack in an odd place is better than no Internet at all. At least to us geeks.

But... psst... *whispers* Don't leave yourself open to jokes about laxatives.
            --Steve (Stix)

Comment

Missed you!! Glad you will be back...

~Eric
              Dionar Elswyth

Courtier of the Winter Court

Comment

Hi!

Comment

*HUGS*
                  ~Isa~

Comment