Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Betting pool! How long will Gareth make it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting pool! How long will Gareth make it!

We are now taking bets as to how long before gareth gets it.

Asheram and Alo are popular at the moment, but since Asheram is in the dungon at the moment I'm offering better odds.
    Judicus is also popular, but everyone can feel free to bet on any red-sash wearing denzien.

I'm also taking bets on the amount of time untill he dies. Everyone can buy a day, and every day gareth isn't actually murderd the winnings only get bigger! But don't delay! It could happen any time!

Contact me via scroll, or e-mail to secure your bids. Hurry! Every hour that goes by is another hour he could be getting slain!

You can reach me at 1-800-die-grth for details.

-Chris.
    "Bang."

If we kill him are we ineligible to win the prize?
    Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
    Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Dunno, can you make it look like the red-sash folks did it?
      "Bang."

Comment

hum..so if someone were to work on preserving gareth we could get the pot nice an big right? everyday he goes more money?
        (j/k)

Comment

You got it!

And atama, you can kill gareth and claim the prize for the date, but you'll void the prize for "who done it" (in which case the house will happily retain the winnings) and in all likelyhood annoy a lot of people.

but on the otherhand, then we could start a pool for you.

"Bang."

Comment

Personal goal: 300 days awoken and alive!

I'm hoping to make it alive til next Tuesday... (8/28)..

That'll be my 300th Day Awoken.

Run Gareth Run! ;-)

-Pete.
            ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
            ~ For Honour! For Glory!
            ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

I bet one goblet of cider and a piece of maple candy.

>
              Watchwoman Kristine glances around, swinging her longsword experimentally, "Now, where did Gareth go?"
              >

And Atama, I'll beat you to it...
              kristine@iskl.edu.my
              http://www.iskl.edu.my/~kristine/
              MSN: kristinejct@hotmail.com

Comment

Better run faster gareth! they're out for you in droves!

And um, 5 to 1 odds that he won't make it to next wendsday.
                "Bang."

Comment

I'm hoping to make it alive til next Tuesday... (8/28)..

That'll be my 300th Day Awoken.

Run Gareth Run! ;-)

-Pete.
                  I don't know which is sadder: the fact there's a betting pool out wondering how long will it be before Gareth experiences his first of many deaths or that Pete has actually counted the number of days he's been playing Gareth.

---Andrew "Putting all my chips on 00"

Comment

Mortality

I second Arian/Andrew.
                    *ducks*
                    - Carmen

Comment

Ditto Carmen!

Gaby

Comment

Ho ho!

Gareth survived another day! (Ta dah!!!)

Thanks, kudos, and attaboys to all the incredible characters who are putting their butt on the line and their characters into full gear for an incredible plot... Not just for Gareth, but because this has been very wild overall!

Alrik really knocked everyone for a loop tonight. Wow! What a dramatic turn of events!

Woo hoo!

-Pete.
                        ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                        ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                        ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

*sigh*

Yeah. Alrik threw everyone for a loop today. Just as I was finally at the stage where the Watch leadership might actually have started to like Faruq....

Comment

Im starting the 'save a Gareth' foundation and putting my money (so to speak) on him lasting to his first year aniversery at least.

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

And now a word from our sponsors...

Originally posted by Kyle
                              Im starting the 'save a Gareth' foundation and putting my money (so to speak) on him lasting to his first year aniversery at least.
                              And for only four payments of $29.99, you too can adopt your own Gareth. Small, curious, sociable, and easy to train, this rare endangered species makes the perfect pet, especially if you are a medieval fanatic who likes adventures.

You will spend countless hours of fun while teaching him how to say Ye Olde English words such as "Grammercy", "Gosdped", and "thee", and while listening to him introducing himself in a ten lines long sentences, then adding his whole three hundred pages long family tree history into the conversation, or simply by listening to his hilarious song parodies he will write for his Marrach Songbook collection.

To prevent him from exploring dark, dangerous secret passages, each Gareth comes with an useful leash and spiked collar kit which is perfect for long walks in the park on a Sunday afternoon. Add $10 and you will also receive a litter box for your new little friend.

So, do not hesitate! Order your own Gareth today! Call 1-800-GARETH now!

Ok... I'll admit... I have no life... And WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to much time on my hands...

Gaby

Comment

Working...
                              X